Windows 10: Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work?

Discus and support Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not asking for technical support. I'm only discussing Windows 10. So I'm looking the system log in event viewer. I see a warning for "disk" and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Locupleto, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work?

I'm not asking for technical support. I'm only discussing Windows 10.

So I'm looking the system log in event viewer. I see a warning for "disk" and it says:

Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 11/13/2021 1:18:19 PM Event ID: 158 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Pilgrim Description: Disk 2 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="disk" /> <EventID Qualifiers="32772">158</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>3</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-11-13T19:18:19.2777296Z" /> <EventRecordID>88925</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="232" /> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>Pilgrim</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>\Device\Harddisk2\DR2</Data> <Data>2</Data> <Binary>1B00000002003000000000009E000480000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary> </EventData> </Event>

So I do what it says. I click the support.microsoft.com link and search for KB2983588.

Go ahead and follow the instructions and see for yourself.

It does not bring up the article. The article is not in the search results. How can it be this bad?

You can google it though, that works.

And if the disk has the same ID and another, how come it doesn't say what other one? So bad. If the disk is accessible through more than one path, they why doesn't it indicate this? How can I even verify this is the case or not. So bad.

submitted by /u/Locupleto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Locupleto, Nov 13, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 13, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work? [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Nov 13, 2021
  4. Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work?

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Nov 13, 2021
Thema:

Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work?

1. Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't support

2. WHY DOES MICROSOFT SUPPORT SUCK ****?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY DOES MICROSOFT SUPPORT SUCK ****?: Literally i had to call in to work today because my internet was down, and My computer was on some ****. All i needed was to talk to someone. I call and they say "Support has moved online to cut down wait ques. Go onlinem, Good bye" and i HAVE TO **** WAIT IN A CUE TO GET...
  3. WHY DOES MICROSOFT SUPPORT SUCK ****?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY DOES MICROSOFT SUPPORT SUCK ****?: Literally i had to call in to work today because my internet was down, and My computer was on some ****. All i needed was to talk to someone. I call and they say "Support has moved online to cut down wait ques. Go onlinem, Good bye" and i HAVE TO **** WAIT IN A CUE TO GET...
  4. Why is Microsoft customer support support so bad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is Microsoft customer support support so bad?: The support people don't read the questions at all, they respond with typos, they copypaste walls of useless text and they have no technical knowledge whatsoever. In fact, I would not even be at all surprised if it was found out that the support employees consist of chimps...
  5. why is there no phone support with Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why is there no phone support with Microsoft: Why is there no phone support with Microsoft. You shod download what you want to download not what Microsoft wants you to download. There is no phone support. So if someone's computer goes down you can't call Microsoft FOR HELP...
  6. why microsoft's support are so stupid?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why microsoft's support are so stupid?: they just locked the post if they cannot support it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsofts-support-are-so-stupid/db944f21-fb97-4e44-94f3-b102a70711a9
  7. Why Microsoft support is soo bad?

in Cortana
    Why Microsoft support is soo bad?: Have some stupid problem with my start menu after one of the updates, then try to get some sorts of help for windows and realize that Microsoft support is the most ridiculous service in the planet! Did try to schedule call with live chat and got this [ATTACH] There is no...
  8. Why doesn't Windows support aptX bluetooth drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why doesn't Windows support aptX bluetooth drivers?: I recently bought an EKSA Bluetooth 5 wireless transceiver with RCA outputs to amplifier. I needed it to transmit from Windows 10 laptop to audio amplifier to improve sound quality and what do I get? After searching online I see that Microsoft does not support aptX and HD...
  9. why does the support chat not work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does the support chat not work?: why does the support chat not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-support-chat-not-work/58c6c607-f91c-49a3-b350-1f978f2e9717
  10. Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio?: Seriously. What is the explanation for this?! Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/why-doesnt-windows-support-51-audio/d14e19b8-15a1-49e5-8563-b6f391b13c79