Windows 10: Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work?

Discus and support Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not asking for technical support. I'm only discussing Windows 10. So I'm looking the system log in event viewer. I see a warning for "disk" and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Locupleto, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work?

I'm not asking for technical support. I'm only discussing Windows 10.

So I'm looking the system log in event viewer. I see a warning for "disk" and it says:

Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 11/13/2021 1:18:19 PM Event ID: 158 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Pilgrim Description: Disk 2 has the same disk identifiers as one or more disks connected to the system. Go to Microsoft's support website (http://support.microsoft.com) and search for KB2983588 to resolve the issue. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="disk" /> <EventID Qualifiers="32772">158</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>3</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-11-13T19:18:19.2777296Z" /> <EventRecordID>88925</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="232" /> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>Pilgrim</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>\Device\Harddisk2\DR2</Data> <Data>2</Data> <Binary>1B00000002003000000000009E000480000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary> </EventData> </Event>

So I do what it says. I click the support.microsoft.com link and search for KB2983588.

Go ahead and follow the instructions and see for yourself.

It does not bring up the article. The article is not in the search results. How can it be this bad?

You can google it though, that works.

And if the disk has the same ID and another, how come it doesn't say what other one? So bad. If the disk is accessible through more than one path, they why doesn't it indicate this? How can I even verify this is the case or not. So bad.

submitted by /u/Locupleto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Locupleto, Nov 13, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 13, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work? [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Nov 13, 2021
  4. Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work?

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Nov 13, 2021
Thema:

Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work?

1. Why doesn't support.microsoft.com work? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't support

2. Why doesn't Phone Link support RCS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Phone Link support RCS?: The only way you can send RCS messages through Microsoft Phone Link is by having a Samsung phone that's set to use the Samsung Messages app and allowed to use RCS in that app by your carrier. That's completely ridiculous in 2024. RCS is not a new thing or special feature...
  3. Why doesn't Windows 11 support Pentium4415Y?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Windows 11 support Pentium4415Y?: Why is Pentium4415Y not supported by Windows 11? The Pentium4415Y meets all the requirements of Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-windows-11-support-pentium4415y/489c524a-1623-426a-8fab-530c25869dd1
  4. Why doesn't Windows 11 support Pentium4415Y?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't Windows 11 support Pentium4415Y?: Why is Pentium4415Y not supported by Windows 11? The Pentium4415Y meets all the requirements of Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-windows-11-support-pentium4415y/489c524a-1623-426a-8fab-530c25869dd1
  5. Why is the live support not working?!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the live support not working?!!: I need to get into contact with someone URGENTLY!! Yall are billing me not ONCE but 5 TIMES when I have no subscriptions, and I've made ZERO purchases today!!! I tried to open live support 10 times by now and nothing but a blank page....
  6. Why is the live support not working?!!

Why is the live support not working?!!: I need to get into contact with someone URGENTLY!! Yall are billing me not ONCE but 5 TIMES when I have no subscriptions, and I've made ZERO purchases today!!! I tried to open live support 10 times by now and nothing but a blank page....
  7. Why Microsoft windows explorer still doesn't support long filenames?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Microsoft windows explorer still doesn't support long filenames?: I usually have file paths that cross 1000 characters. For local backup, I used to boot into Live Ubuntu and then copy files. Of course, shortening the filepath is not an option for me.Recently, I wanted to backup all the data to OneDrive Business 1TB. The problem with...
  8. Why Microsoft windows explorer still doesn't support long filenames?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Microsoft windows explorer still doesn't support long filenames?: I usually have file paths that cross 1000 characters. For local backup, I used to boot into Live Ubuntu and then copy files. Of course, shortening the filepath is not an option for me.Recently, I wanted to backup all the data to OneDrive Business 1TB. The problem with...
  9. Why Microsoft windows explorer still doesn't support long filenames?

10. why is there no phone support with Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why is there no phone support with Microsoft: Why is there no phone support with Microsoft. You shod download what you want to download not what Microsoft wants you to download. There is no phone support. So if someone's computer goes down you can't call Microsoft FOR HELP...