Windows 10: Why doesn't the search in windows in Windows 10 fin my files? It's terrible at searching...

Discus and support Why doesn't the search in windows in Windows 10 fin my files? It's terrible at searching... in Cortana to solve the problem; This pretty accurately describes my complaints... Why is Windows 10 Search So Bad At It's Job? - Microsoft Community or this Why is Windows 10... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AlexR44, Mar 13, 2021.

1. AlexR44 Win User

Why doesn't the search in windows in Windows 10 fin my files? It's terrible at searching...

This pretty accurately describes my complaints...

Why is Windows 10 Search So Bad At It's Job? - Microsoft Community

or this

Why is Windows 10 Search Still So Bad At It's Job? - Microsoft Community

I don't know why Microsoft locked those threads.. I don't see a resolution in either one, just MS avoiding answering actual questions.

Mainly, my issue is the search not finding files on my storage drive yes I've added it to the index a day ago.

If I search for a file named AlexAPPFront.jpg by using the search term APPF the search doesn't find that file.

What is the point of a search in local files if it doesn't find the files? Maybe I'm crazy, and I'll admit I seldom search, it's been several years since I've even tested searching.. but this can't be what it's evolved to... I swear I've searched for files in previous versions of windows and gotten much better partial match results.

-Alex

:)

AlexR44, Mar 13, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why doesn't the search in windows in Windows 10 fin my files? It's terrible at searching... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Windows search by time

Hi,

I have 100s of files but I need to find all the ones that have been last modified during a certain time range: 11am to 4pm the date is irrelevant.

I'm not sure if this is possible with the default windows search or maybe someone knows of an alternative.

slyfox2151, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Why doesn't the search in windows in Windows 10 fin my files? It's terrible at searching...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Why doesn't the search in windows in Windows 10 fin my files? It's terrible at searching... - Similar Threads - Why doesn't search

2. Why is windows toolbar search so terrible?

in Cortana
    Why is windows toolbar search so terrible?: Here is someone else complaining about it too: How is the Windows search bar still so bad? - Microsoft Community That was 2 years ago, and it looks like microsoft did not even bother to respond. I wanted to open up a settings window called "microphone properties". I have to...
  3. Why is windows toolbar search so terrible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows toolbar search so terrible?: Here is someone else complaining about it too: How is the Windows search bar still so bad? - Microsoft Community That was 2 years ago, and it looks like microsoft did not even bother to respond. I wanted to open up a settings window called "microphone properties". I have to...
  4. Why is windows toolbar search so terrible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is Windows Explorer search function so terrible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Windows Explorer search function so terrible?: The default search does not consider parts of a file name. For example you can name a file "abcdef.txt" and it will not be found by looking for "bcdef". This weakness must have been programmed on purpose because Search on Windows 7 was better. This software behaviour is...
  6. Why file and word Search doesn't work in Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why file and word Search doesn't work in Windows?: On all 3 Win10 PC's, search often doesn't work.Looking for a file, it doesn't come up in Toolbar Search box.I have to go to the MyDocuments or DropBox folder, and search directly from that Search box to find it.Same searching for a word in a document, works if I open a...
  7. Why file and word Search doesn't work in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why file and word Search doesn't work in Windows?: On all 3 Win10 PC's, search often doesn't work.Looking for a file, it doesn't come up in Toolbar Search box.I have to go to the MyDocuments or DropBox folder, and search directly from that Search box to find it.Same searching for a word in a document, works if I open a...
  8. Why file and word Search doesn't work in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Why doesn't the search in windows in Windows 10 find my files? It's terrible at searching...

in Cortana
    Why doesn't the search in windows in Windows 10 find my files? It's terrible at searching...: This pretty accurately describes my complaints... Why is Windows 10 Search So Bad At It's Job? - Microsoft Community or this Why is Windows 10 Search Still So Bad At It's Job? - Microsoft Community I don't know why Microsoft locked those threads.. I don't see a resolution...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Is Terrible

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search Is Terrible: Hello everybody, I installed Windows 10 very recently and I like it, but I have a VERY BIG show-stopper: when I try to do search in the start menu, it's terrible; it cannot even find an application that I have manually pinned to start. I didn't have any such problem with...