Windows 10: Why doesn't the 'sleep' function' work anymore since the update?

Discus and support Why doesn't the 'sleep' function' work anymore since the update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yeah, that's it really, every time I set my laptop to sleep, whenever I come back to it, it's running! This makes me sad.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cardcrash, Mar 18, 2020.

1. cardcrash Win User

Why doesn't the 'sleep' function' work anymore since the update?

Yeah, that's it really, every time I set my laptop to sleep, whenever I come back to it, it's running! This makes me sad.

:)

cardcrash, Mar 18, 2020

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Why doesn't the 'sleep' function' work anymore since the update? [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Mar 18, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Mar 18, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why doesn't the 'sleep' function' work anymore since the update? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Why doesn't the 'sleep' function' work anymore since the update? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't 'sleep'

2. Why doesn't it boot anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't it boot anymore?: Hello Microsoft team, I recently updated my laptop windows 10 PROAnd it doesn't boot anymore, how can we solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-it-boot-anymore/2cde760e-980a-4a0b-9d39-66413aa995be
  3. Why doesn't it boot anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why doesn't it boot anymore?: Hello Microsoft team, I recently updated my laptop windows 10 PROAnd it doesn't boot anymore, how can we solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-it-boot-anymore/2cde760e-980a-4a0b-9d39-66413aa995be
  4. Why doesn't it boot anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update doesn't work anymore: I noticed that I have not received any update prompts for a few weeks. When I selected Updates from Settings in the Start Menu I get a message saying that something went wrong and I am unable to check for updates? Currently running Win 10 pro version number 2004, OS Build...
  6. Why doesn't windows work anymore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why doesn't windows work anymore?: Why are you so incapable of writing a version of windows that works? Every time I turn on my computer it's a guessing game of what is going to work and what isn't. You're supposed to be the experts in this field yet every time you come out with an update something goes wrong....
  7. Wireless & Bluetooth function not there anymore since last updates/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless & Bluetooth function not there anymore since last updates/: I have a ROG Maximus XI extreme with an Intel Wireless AC 9560 chip on board. 2 days ago i was listening to music on my Bluetooth headset without any trouble. Yesterday I tried to use my headset again with my computer and I couldn't get connected. I have check everything....
  8. Search function doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search function doesn't work anymore: Hello everyone, Since a few days my Windows 10 search bar doesn't work anymore. When I try to use it I go to the bar, I type something in it and a window does come up. The Windows however is totally empty, normally my search results would pop up here. I have tried...
  9. Sleep not working since updating to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep not working since updating to 1903: I don't get why... 1) powercfg -requests shows nothing is causing sleep issues 2) sleep works if i set it manually but if automatically it won't Any reason why this would all of sudden not working properly?...
  10. Why mpam-fe doesn't work anymore?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why mpam-fe doesn't work anymore?: I don't understand why the manual update of definitions files for MS security essentials do not work any more since two weeks (the latest definition file that I've been unable to install is of April 22). When I launch mpam-fe executable (all versions since April 22), it...