Windows 10: Why doesn't the top bar on new Edge get themed dark entirely instead of just the tabs

Discus and support Why doesn't the top bar on new Edge get themed dark entirely instead of just the tabs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/captainbrave6 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/captainbrave6, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Why doesn't the top bar on new Edge get themed dark entirely instead of just the tabs

/u/captainbrave6, Feb 8, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Dark theme in edge WP10

Because you asked so nicely ... here it is:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on the dropdown box underneath Choose a theme.
    • Select Dark.

BulldogXX, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Edge - new tab focus behavior

Is there a way to let Edge focus on the address bar once I open a new tab?

I experience the following behavior:

1. Open Edge
    2. Ctrl + t (new tab)
    3. Type e.g. www.myfavouriteaddress.com

Issue: The typing is ignored since the focus is not on the address bar.

Unfortunately I haven't found anything. Microsoft didn't answer on that.

I know I work around it like that, but I'm looking for a setting which let me change the default Ctrl + t behavior:

1. Open Edge
    2. Ctrl + t (new tab)
    3. Ctrl + l (focus on address bar)
    4. Type e.g. www.myfavouriteaddress.com

Environment

• Microsoft Edge 38.14393.2068.0
    • Windows 10 Enterprise

Bruno Bieri, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Why doesn't the top bar on new Edge get themed dark entirely instead of just the tabs

Change Microsoft Edge Theme Through Powershell?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To change the theme for Microsoft EDGE, you can try the following steps:

1. Open EDGE and click on ellipsis icon “…”(three dots on the Top right corner)
    2. Select the option settings from the drop down.
    3. On the section ‘Choose a theme’, select an option from Light/Dark.
    4. The changes will be made on the Toolbars and menus.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Why doesn't the top bar on new Edge get themed dark entirely instead of just the tabs

1. Why doesn't the top bar on new Edge get themed dark entirely instead of just the tabs - Similar Threads - Why doesn't top

2. Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme: When I use the windows search bar and type the theme is in dark theme. It used to be in light theme and It changed to dark without me changing something. The issue is I can't make the background white without windows taking away the feature to have the task bar green. Does...
  3. Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme: When I use the windows search bar and type the theme is in dark theme. It used to be in light theme and It changed to dark without me changing something. The issue is I can't make the background white without windows taking away the feature to have the task bar green. Does...
  4. Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unfinished dark theme, why?

Unfinished dark theme, why?: Hello, What is the reason for the team behind the development of the dark theme not finish what they started, especially in the more used applications? What is the planned date for when the dark mode has to be finished and shipped? Thank you. Here are some examples,...
  6. Disgusting dark theme, why?

Disgusting dark theme, why?: Hello, What is the reason for the team behind the development of the dark theme not finish what they started, especially in the more used applications? What is the planned date for when the dark mode has to be finished and shipped? Thank you. Here are some examples,...
  7. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: Hello, I have Windows 10 and I like the look of the Dark Theme. I have tried to select this theme for Office and it works, mostly. However, when I use Outlook 365 the message pane retains its white colour, and there is no sun or moon icon - in the options - to change it....
  8. How to enable Dark Mode theme on new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Dark Mode theme on new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has relaunched its Microsoft Edge browser powered by the Chromium engine. It launched as a public preview – but the final build will be available soon. One of the most loved and latest features added to the new Edge [...] This post How to enable...
  9. Extra bars at the top of Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Extra bars at the top of Edge: The bar says " To see favorites here, select …….." How can I get rid of this extra bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/extra-bars-at-the-top-of-edge/30d129f0-a44f-4b8a-a120-fb2fb881ae2b
  10. dark bar at top of screen

dark bar at top of screen: there is a dark bar at the top of my monitor when all windows are maxed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dark-bar-at-top-of-screen/c2d3b128-db95-4a9d-a955-861a3ae8e5dd