Windows 10: why doesn't w10 wanna keep my desktop folders icon where i want to set

Discus and support why doesn't w10 wanna keep my desktop folders icon where i want to set in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi i create a folder (utility )on my desktop with some utility inside (programs , mostly portable ) i drag the icon of the folder (called utility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drugo, Sep 21, 2015.

1. drugo Win User

why doesn't w10 wanna keep my desktop folders icon where i want to set

hi
    i create a folder (utility )on my desktop with some utility inside (programs , mostly portable )

i drag the icon of the folder (called utility )on the right up corner of the monitor

right now i have the recylce bin on the left up corner and my folder(called utility) on the right up corner

i have only 2 icons

well if i right click on the desktop i have this option
    display medium icon
    auto arrange icons OFF
    allign icon to grin ON
    show desktop icons ON

sort no selected

now if i reboot or log off i found the folder (called utility) under the recylce bin icon *Sad

this happen today , in the days after windows 10 always kept my folder (utility) in the right poisition of the screen

what's wrong?
    thanks

:)

drugo, Sep 21, 2015

2. Photo App displaying deleted folder pictures on Windows 10.

Original Title: Photo App

I keep my family photos on OneDrive and my work photos and wallpaper folders on my desktop

No matter how many times I delete the desktop photos folder from the photo app everytime I open it, back comes the Desktop photo folder and the wallpapers and my work photos. This is true even if you select the individual Onedrive folders you want to include.
    Doesn't matter everytime you open the app back come all the folders

Haven been given the option of deciding which folders to include (great) why doesn't it work?

mikeslovakia, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Desktop icons for folders - how to delete without deleting folder

Your folders exist on the desktop itself. If you wish to get rid of the icons without deleting the folders then you must hide them. This would make it hard to find the folders . . .

Why don't you simply move the folders to a different location?

Frederik Long, Sep 21, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, there are already a couple of long threads on this topic. There appears to be no solution apart from restoring a working situation. This problem has occurred in previous versions of Windows and is widely reported.

It might occur because of sthg you have installed. You will probably find that the explorer folder view settings don't stay set the same either.

Please see the threads and search e.g. 'Desktop icons keep moving\rearranging' etc.

dalchina, Sep 21, 2015
  5. drugo Win User
    hi
    thanks
    i start to have this issue after tring to upgrade KB 3087040 ,it ended with an error error 0x80004005
    maybe it could help somebody

drugo, Sep 21, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Some people have suggested it happened after an update, some that it's related to using a particular AV, one itunes.... there are several 'fixes' that have been suggested including by 'AskVG' - well known site. But these fixes don't solve all situations.I

Hopefully you have a disk image or enabled system restore...

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. why doesn't w10 wanna keep my desktop folders icon where i want to set - Similar Threads - why doesn't w10

2. Why my desktop icons doesn't blink when i refresh in Desktop screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my desktop icons doesn't blink when i refresh in Desktop screen.: My new asus vivobook has some problem i nearly used for 2 two months .it has problem it doesn't refresh on desktop screen which we usually do after opening my laptop....
  3. Why my desktop icons doesn't blink when i refresh in Desktop screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my desktop icons doesn't blink when i refresh in Desktop screen.: My new asus vivobook has some problem i nearly used for 2 two months .it has problem it doesn't refresh on desktop screen which we usually do after opening my laptop....
  4. Why do my desktop Icons keep rearranging?

Why do my desktop Icons keep rearranging?: With the most recent Windows 10 update, every time I log in to my laptop, all of my desktop icons get moved to a certain place. I have a dual monitor setup. I have two different jobs and have desktop icons setup to separate each job; each job's icons are separated by each...
  5. Why do my desktop Icons keep rearranging?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do my desktop Icons keep rearranging?: With the most recent Windows 10 update, every time I log in to my laptop, all of my desktop icons get moved to a certain place. I have a dual monitor setup. I have two different jobs and have desktop icons setup to separate each job; each job's icons are separated by each...
  6. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  7. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  8. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

9. Desktop icons and folders keep disappearing ?

Desktop icons and folders keep disappearing ?: What is going on with my desktop ? My desktop icons and folders keep disappearing ? Where is my stuff ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-and-folders-keep-disappearing/bf48c283-71fb-4b84-bb81-6c5dcec27ec8
  10. how can i place desktop icons where i want them

how can i place desktop icons where i want them: how can i place desktop icons where i want them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-place-desktop-icons-where-i-want-them/7c83c79e-b794-49fa-9fdd-4079d50e99fc