Windows 10: Why Doesn't Win10 Accept ANY Browser As Default?

Discus and support Why Doesn't Win10 Accept ANY Browser As Default? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Other than MS Edge, or IE, I'm finding that Win10 will NOT accept Chrome, or F'fox as default browser, no matter how many times I check it. What's the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gplea, Mar 28, 2016.

1. gplea Win User

Why Doesn't Win10 Accept ANY Browser As Default?

Other than MS Edge, or IE, I'm finding that Win10 will NOT accept Chrome, or F'fox as default browser, no matter how many times I check it. What's the problem?*Mad*Mad*Mad

:)

gplea, Mar 28, 2016
  2. Qian liT Win User

Win10 anniversary update caused my Adobe software to stop working

Win10 anniversary update caused my Adobe software to stop working. No longer accepts my legitimately purchased serial number. I reinstalled software from cd, but it still doesn't accept my serial number. Adobe confirmed that my serial number is fine. Why
    this sudden problem? Before the win10annivupdate this software worked fine.

Qian liT, Mar 28, 2016
  3. ASUS PB278Q Monitor drivers..

Well, I'm trying to go from Win7 to Win10 and I would accept a generic profile - but Win10 Upgrade program doesn't accept it and refuse to continue... I don't know how to get around that.

tommypeters, Mar 28, 2016
  4. prikker Win User

Strange no problem here.

prikker, Mar 28, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I've got at least 6 computers at home with Firefox with Adblock add-on set as the default browser, both Windows 10 Home and Pro.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why Doesn't Win10 Accept ANY Browser As Default? - Similar Threads - Why Doesn't Win10

2. Accent Color - Issue With Not Accepting Any Color and Defaults to Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accent Color - Issue With Not Accepting Any Color and Defaults to Black: I get that there are issues with how the accent colors work on title bars and borders and I've tried several suggestions and seems people can only get this working by using personal backgrounds that contain the colors. My issue is when I first set up Windows 11, I was able to...
  3. Accent Color - Issue With Not Accepting Any Color and Defaults to Black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accent Color - Issue With Not Accepting Any Color and Defaults to Black: I get that there are issues with how the accent colors work on title bars and borders and I've tried several suggestions and seems people can only get this working by using personal backgrounds that contain the colors. My issue is when I first set up Windows 11, I was able to...
  4. Why doesn't Edge provide this dialog's button as default button when the browser launches?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Edge provide this dialog's button as default button when the browser launches?: When Edge restores from a crash I am getting this message. Just wondering if Edge could make the Restore button as default button so that just pressing space bar or enter key it could auto restore...
  5. Why doesn't Edge provide this dialog's button as default button when the browser launches?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't Edge provide this dialog's button as default button when the browser launches?: When Edge restores from a crash I am getting this message. Just wondering if Edge could make the Restore button as default button so that just pressing space bar or enter key it could auto restore...
  6. Default Browser . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Browser . . .: My computer, is a. Dell laptop running, Windows 10 pro . . . Boy, did I screw up . . . I have, many different browsers, on my computer . . . Google Chrome, Firefox, Ice Dragon. And not, Internet Explorer. Or, so I thought? Ice Dragon, was my default browser. But, it kept...
  7. windows doesn't recognize new default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows doesn't recognize new default browser: I (and also an HP tech.) have installed and set-up Google Chrome as default browser but sites and pages are still opened with Edge or IE the other browsers on this PC. Even the google chrome page opens on IE!! Have set and reset chrome as default many times in 2 days it is...
  8. how yo make firefox default browser win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how yo make firefox default browser win10: just installed firefox, how to make default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-yo-make-firefox-default-browser-win10/0cb352de-384f-4417-b2f0-8525e4a60ecc
  9. Windows won't set ANY default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Windows won't set ANY default browser: Pressing + will bring up the list but not set/keep the selection. 75048
  10. Can't Choose Any Browser To be My Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Choose Any Browser To be My Default Browser: Hello Guys After a while of using the new Windows 10 I faced a problem . when any program in the Desktop wonna redirect me to some internet page the system say " How you wonna open this webset ? " . and in normal case it will give the Choose to use any Browser App I have...