Windows 10: Why doesn't Windows 10 automatically adjust daylight savings time?

Discus and support Why doesn't Windows 10 automatically adjust daylight savings time? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have set time zone and set time automatically turned on in settings. Daylight savings day recently just passed but my computer time is still one hour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bluecew, Mar 10, 2019.

1. bluecew Win User

Why doesn't Windows 10 automatically adjust daylight savings time?

I have set time zone and set time automatically turned on in settings. Daylight savings day recently just passed but my computer time is still one hour behind and I have to set it manually.

:)

bluecew, Mar 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 automatic daylight savings adjustment not working?

In general, "Adjust for daylight saving time automatically" should always be On. Turning it off is for a few legacy edge cases and a couple of places in the world that don't currently have an appropriate entry in the list of time zones.

Most likely, the system clock isn't set to the correct time. Perhaps there's a problem getting the correct time from the Internet, which is enabled or disabled from the first "Set time automatically" option.

I recommend:

1. Check that your Internet Time Server settings are correct. Try a different time server if necessary.
    2. Turn on all options, being sure to turn on "Adjust for daylight saving time automatically" before turning on "Set time zone automatically".

Matt Johnson, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Seth Hall Win User
    "Adjust for daylight saving time automatically" not active in Win 10; time is therefore wrong

The option "Adjust for daylight saving time automatically" is greyed out, so I cannot turn it on. Even with the "Set time automatically" option turned off, the "Adjust for daylight saving time automatically" remains inactive (greyed out.)

The account I'm using (the only one on the system), has administrator privileges.

This is a new and fully patched Win 10 system with no other apparent problems.

Seth Hall, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Why doesn't Windows 10 automatically adjust daylight savings time?

Windows 10: Daylight Saving Time Adjustment not working

I had the same issue and tmillernl's fix worked for me. Woke up this morning to the time being an hour ahead (PC was left on overnight, but went to sleep). This is on Windows 10. I did things in the order suggested and it worked:

1) Turn off set time zone auto

2) Turn off adjust for daylight savings

3) Turn off set time auto

4) Turn on adjust for daylight savings

5) Turn on set time auto

Other combinations of the above settings that I tried before finding this post did not work.

nickelarcade, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Why doesn't Windows 10 automatically adjust daylight savings time?

1. Why doesn't Windows 10 automatically adjust daylight savings time? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't automatically

2. My computer doesn't keep the daylight savings time adjustment settings on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer doesn't keep the daylight savings time adjustment settings on.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sir_Nicholas_4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tv7vnv/my_computer_doesnt_keep_the_daylight_savings_time/
  3. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer: So DST just changed Sunday morning. Had a user notice a modified date and time on a file jumped ahead an hour. File created on 11/5 at 4:20 now appears with time of 5:20 in the file explorer. even though time went back an hour. Started playing with time settings and when I...
  4. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer: So DST just changed Sunday morning. Had a user notice a modified date and time on a file jumped ahead an hour. File created on 11/5 at 4:20 now appears with time of 5:20 in the file explorer. even though time went back an hour. Started playing with time settings and when I...
  5. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Date & Time Settings - Can't turn on "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" or...

Date & Time Settings - Can't turn on "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" or...: Daylight Savings started and my new Windows 10 Laptop did not adjust at all. The "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" setting was off and disabled, and I needed to turn off "Set time zone automatically" in order for me to toggle it, however, when I toggle on, if...
  7. Enable or Disable Adjust for Daylight Saving Time in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Adjust for Daylight Saving Time in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you reside in a location where Daylight Saving Time is available then you […] This article Enable or Disable Adjust for Daylight Saving Time in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows Doesn't Update to Daylight Savings Time

Windows Doesn't Update to Daylight Savings Time: Hi, All last winter, I had to manually change my clock every morning. Or just ignore my computer clock. Which was obviously not awesome. Why doesn't Windows 10 handle Daylight Savings correctly? Why can't it keep time? In particular, I can "sync now" and it will correct...
  9. Unpredictable behavior of automatic daylight savings adjustment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unpredictable behavior of automatic daylight savings adjustment: I am from Germany and today when I booted into Windows, the time was correctly switched to summer time. Then at 11:48 Windows changed the time back to winter time and I have no idea why. The settings should be correct. I had a similar thing happen years ago and want to...
  10. Adjust for daylight saving time automatically is grayed out in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Adjust for daylight saving time automatically is grayed out in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you live in the USA or some other countries where Daylight Saving Time is available, but find that the setting is not working on […] This article Adjust for daylight saving time automatically is grayed out in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 didnt change for daylight saving time

2. computer time not adjusted to daylight saving hour

3. daylight savings set wont turn on windows 10

4. windows10 daylight saving time isnt indicated,
  5. why daylight saving off on windows 10,
  6. windows 10 time not adjusting daylight saving,
  7. windows 10 time daylight saving set,
  8. computers interpret daylight savings time,
  9. windows clock didnt update for daylight saving time,
  10. thinkpad T490s daylight savings,
  11. why isnt time updating for daylight savings,