Windows 10: why doesn't windows 10 detect time zone when you travel?

Discus and support why doesn't windows 10 detect time zone when you travel? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There may be an easy answer - if so, grateful if you could please share - but it doesn't seem so. I've tried the obvious things repeatedly. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JacobusR, Jun 2, 2019.

1. JacobusR Win User

why doesn't windows 10 detect time zone when you travel?

There may be an easy answer - if so, grateful if you could please share - but it doesn't seem so. I've tried the obvious things repeatedly. This is insane as all map apps (apple, google) reliably know where one's device is. What's so hard for windows? Incredibly irritating when you travel a lot!

:)

JacobusR, Jun 2, 2019

2. Time Zones

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem, it would be helpful if you could reply to these questions to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

Time Zone will not change automatically while you travel. If you want to change the Time Zone for your computer, you will have to change manually.

Only the live tiles like Weather, News, and Sports have the ability to change with the location.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on "Clock, Language, and Region
    • Under "Date and Time", click on "Change the Time Zone"
    • Under "Time Zone" click on "Change time zone
    • Under "Time Zone, click the current time zone, and select your actual time zone
      • Click OK and you are done.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 2, 2019
  3. mew1033 Win User
    Wrong time zone detected

When I go up to my cabin, Windows always changes my time zone to Pacific. I'm in Mountain Time, and I actually go east to get to the cabin. I don't know if it's the IP address, or the WiFi network, or what, but it happens every time. If I go into Time settings and disable automatically detect timezone, I can set it back to mountain time. But if I re-enable auto-detect, it switches right back to Pacific.

Is there any way I can teach Windows the correct time zone so that it auto-detects correctly?

mew1033, Jun 2, 2019
  4. why doesn't windows 10 detect time zone when you travel?

Traveling to different time zones and appointment time changes - aarrrgggghhhhh

When making an appointment for a different time zone in Outlook please select from the tool bar above the right time zone. This way when you are in the new time zone while travelling those appointment will be ok.

Unfortunatly the appointment now will look strange since it is adjusted back to the time zone you are currently in. But the time will be right ones you are in the timezone of the appointment

- Mobility user of the first hour - www.mobilityminded.com

Johan van Mierlo, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

why doesn't windows 10 detect time zone when you travel?

1. why doesn't windows 10 detect time zone when you travel? - Similar Threads - why doesn't detect

2. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.: My Windows 10 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  3. Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time zone keeps changing to Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone.: My Windows 10 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  4. Windows is detecting the wrong time zone. What's wrong?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is detecting the wrong time zone. What's wrong?: Hi, I'm normally in Texas but I have been in Panama for a few weeks which is on the same time zone as Texas. Now I am back in Texas (central time) For some reason now, windows thinks im in Pacific time if I let it set time zone automatically. I have location permission on so...
  5. Windows 10 PC "travels back in time" ??

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 PC "travels back in time" ??: I left the PC on overnight and when I checked it next morning, there was picture on the monitor. I was in a hurry and hard-rebooted it. Then I noticed something really strange! The last couple of days of activities were missing! When I opened Vivaldi browser, it was...
  6. Computer time travelled

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer time travelled: We have recently changed from winter to summer clock time. Prior to the change time was correct, but now at 09:15 computer says 10:15. Settings are for London etc; Set automatic-ON;Set tome zone autonomic- OFF. Can any one think, please, what may be the cause of this new...
  7. Set Time Zone Doesn't Work

Set Time Zone Doesn't Work: I'm currently on the west coast not east. Time zone is set to update automatically, but it doesn't work. I have tried most of the solutions on the internet. Can somebody help me with this issue?...
  8. Windows doesn't sync TIMEZONE when you travel

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn't sync TIMEZONE when you travel: hi guys, i have the option to sync when traveling to a new timezone turned on but never worked, from UK to italy or from UK to Germany. i tried the Windows Time Service to set it to Automatic and to Automatic Delayed start but to no avail. any other ideas? it's quite an...
  9. Windows 10 Automatic time zone detection doesn't work.

Windows 10 Automatic time zone detection doesn't work.: Hi, I've been managing the IT for a relatively large company for several years. I've done several hundred windows 10 installs, with a variety of installation media, and I've never seen automatic timezone detection work. I've done this on many different kinds of computers with...
  10. Wrong time zone detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong time zone detected: When I go up to my cabin, Windows always changes my time zone to Pacific. I'm in Mountain Time, and I actually go east to get to the cabin. I don't know if it's the IP address, or the WiFi network, or what, but it happens every time. If I go into Time settings and disable...