Windows 10: WHY DOESN'T WINDOWS 10 GIVE YOU AN OPTION TO NOT HAVE A PASSWORD FOR IT WHEN UPGRADING FROM...

Discus and support WHY DOESN'T WINDOWS 10 GIVE YOU AN OPTION TO NOT HAVE A PASSWORD FOR IT WHEN UPGRADING FROM... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I would like to know why there's no such option to not have a password for my Windows 10 when I do an upgrade from a previous Windows version or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by godooliver, May 11, 2020.

1. WHY DOESN'T WINDOWS 10 GIVE YOU AN OPTION TO NOT HAVE A PASSWORD FOR IT WHEN UPGRADING FROM...

Hi. I would like to know why there's no such option to not have a password for my Windows 10 when I do an upgrade from a previous Windows version or when I install a new copy of it? I don't need the steps on how to disable the password for Windows 10 after doing the upgrade or a new installation. I just need to know why there isn't any option during the installation upgrade portion to let my Windows 10 be and not have a password for it. Thank you in advance for your future direct response.

:)

godooliver, May 11, 2020

2. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 11, 2020
  3. RobGaal Win User
    Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Current password doesn t work incorrect. Reset password requirs some usb stick which is not in my posession. Any ideas ? Try to access microsoft account but non of my email adress is recognised so cannot try this option.

RobGaal, May 11, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

WHY DOESN'T WINDOWS 10 GIVE YOU AN OPTION TO NOT HAVE A PASSWORD FOR IT WHEN UPGRADING FROM...

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

WHY DOESN'T WINDOWS 10 GIVE YOU AN OPTION TO NOT HAVE A PASSWORD FOR IT WHEN UPGRADING FROM... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 11, 2020
Thema:

WHY DOESN'T WINDOWS 10 GIVE YOU AN OPTION TO NOT HAVE A PASSWORD FOR IT WHEN UPGRADING FROM...

1. WHY DOESN'T WINDOWS 10 GIVE YOU AN OPTION TO NOT HAVE A PASSWORD FOR IT WHEN UPGRADING FROM... - Similar Threads - WHY DOESN'T OPTION

2. Why are you giving reinstall instructions when numerous people are having the exact same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are you giving reinstall instructions when numerous people are having the exact same...: Numerous people are having the exact same issue so a reinstall will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-you-giving-reinstall-instructions-when/df61464a-443a-4fa5-8b2e-814053896064
  3. Why are you giving reinstall instructions when numerous people are having the exact same...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are you giving reinstall instructions when numerous people are having the exact same...: Numerous people are having the exact same issue so a reinstall will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-you-giving-reinstall-instructions-when/df61464a-443a-4fa5-8b2e-814053896064
  4. Windows 10 mail doesn't give me an option to sync as it arrives.

Windows 10 mail doesn't give me an option to sync as it arrives.: On Windows 10 mail doesn't give me an option to download mail when it arrives on my iCloud account, the minimum it lets me do is 15 minutes. But on my Gmail account, it gives me the option. I had reinstalled the app, removed my Gmail account, but no luck. The farthest iv...
  5. Windows 10 doesn't have boot option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 doesn't have boot option: Today I tried to install Ubuntu through USB and after turning off my windows 10 I clicked multiple times F12 button for opening the boot options and it did. But the problem is there is no any option for choosing the boot option. Please help me. submitted by /u/MohShameem12...
  6. Change password when you have none of the available recovery options.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change password when you have none of the available recovery options.: Hello, How do you change a password for Microsoft when you don't have an device where the mail is stored and you filled in random characters when creating the account. Is there a way an SMS can be send? Is there any other way to change the password? I really need your help,...
  7. Windows 10 Photos App Doesn't Give Me "Trim" Option

Windows 10 Photos App Doesn't Give Me "Trim" Option: See snippet below. Everywhere I read online I see that I should have an edit option at the top right of the window that reads "trim" but I do not see that option. I am trying to trim a video quickly at work, can't download another program. Why can't I trim videos?[IMG]...
  8. why doesn't windows 10 detect time zone when you travel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why doesn't windows 10 detect time zone when you travel?: There may be an easy answer - if so, grateful if you could please share - but it doesn't seem so. I've tried the obvious things repeatedly. This is insane as all map apps (apple, google) reliably know where one's device is. What's so hard for windows? Incredibly...
  9. When you upgrade do you have 2 licenses?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When you upgrade do you have 2 licenses?: I have an original win 7 disk. I remember to I can't remember if I used it to upgrade to 8.1 or I bought it full version. I know I did it from the store. Then 8.1 I got the free upgrade to 10. I am thinking to install 7 on a laptop. Is there a way to know if my original...
  10. Does windows 10 give you an option to delete person files from old OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does windows 10 give you an option to delete person files from old OS?: Hi guys, I'm new to this forum :-) by the way so sorry if do anything wrong I want to start afresh with Windows 10 and have a clean installation of it without my old cluttered files. Does the installation give you an option to delete your old person files? Much...