Windows 10: Why doesnt Windows 10 report battery percentage for bluetooth devices?

Discus and support Why doesnt Windows 10 report battery percentage for bluetooth devices? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My android 8 phone does. Why do i have to download a 3rd party app for this function? ( https://www.bluetoothgoodies.com )... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kylan619, Aug 4, 2019.

1. kylan619 Win User

Why doesnt Windows 10 report battery percentage for bluetooth devices?

My android 8 phone does. Why do i have to download a 3rd party app for this function? ( https://www.bluetoothgoodies.com )

:)

kylan619, Aug 4, 2019

2. Why doesnt Windows 10 report battery percentage for bluetooth devices?

Hi Kylan,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

The newer releases of Windows do show battery percentage of connected Bluetooth devices.

What is the build and version number of Windows reported in Settings>System>About?

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 29, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User

Hi kylan619

In order for Windows to report the battery life of a Bluetooth device, you must be running version 1809 or newer of Windows 10 and the Bluetooth device must support battery status reporting - this is also important

Click your Start Button, type winver and hit Enter

On the resulting dialog, what Version No. and build No. of Windows 10 are you running?

What Bluetooth device(s) are not reporting their battery status?

DaveM121, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Why doesnt Windows 10 report battery percentage for bluetooth devices?

Hi kylan619

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Windows 10 1809 and later versions supports that option to report the percentage for Bluetooth devices. If you have not yet, then make sure you are running the latest version.

Go to the following page then click 'Update Now'

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...

Here is an article that describes how to check it in Windows 10 1809 or later:

https://pureinfotech.com/check-bluetooth-device...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Why doesnt Windows 10 report battery percentage for bluetooth devices? - Similar Threads - Why doesnt report

2. Battery report is this level of percentage normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery report is this level of percentage normal: I was working all the morning with my laptop it had a 5% of battery, so I plug in, but then it switched to suspended mode and I realized that I didn't plug it in the correct way but once I plugged it correctly it was charging so fast that I was a little worried, so I made a...
  3. Battery report is this level of percentage normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery report is this level of percentage normal: I was working all the morning with my laptop it had a 5% of battery, so I plug in, but then it switched to suspended mode and I realized that I didn't plug it in the correct way but once I plugged it correctly it was charging so fast that I was a little worried, so I made a...
  4. Battery report is this level of percentage normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  6. Connected devices battery percentage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connected devices battery percentage: Hey, anyone knows an app for managing my connected devices and viewing their battery percentage? like my headset, mouse, and keyboard. submitted by /u/Bysicc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jq14f3/connected_devices_battery_percentage/
  7. Battery Percentage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Percentage in Windows 10: has this been resolved bc i just searched for it and could not tell. all similar questions/threads are locked, not helpful. tyia - the 3rd party apps or ones from the store don't seem to work properly; i have to manually start the program each time. please let me know of...
  8. BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES BATTERY PERCENTAGE

BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES BATTERY PERCENTAGE: When I connect to Bluetooth headphones. It connects but not showing battery percentage... How can I fix this glitch. And also I am running October 2019 update OS.......
  9. battery percentage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery percentage: after updating to 1809 my battery percentage does not not change from 100% nor doed percentage show in taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-percentage/c870e216-a100-4c31-ac0b-665f3b954b17
  10. Battery Percentage in Windows 10

Battery Percentage in Windows 10: Hi, I was wondering when Windows 10 would incorporate the option of having the battery in percentage rather than display a bar? I mean, the Fall Update included a percentage indicator to Bluetooth devices, but not to the actual laptop battery itself? I was wondering when...