Windows 10: Why doesn't Windows 10 see that my hard drive is smaller than 64gb and is therefore too...

Discus and support Why doesn't Windows 10 see that my hard drive is smaller than 64gb and is therefore too... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If Windows 10 can tell me exactly how much free space and total capacity the C drive on my laptop has, why does it insist on updating to Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David S P, Jun 28, 2022.

1. David S P Win User

Why doesn't Windows 10 see that my hard drive is smaller than 64gb and is therefore too...

If Windows 10 can tell me exactly how much free space and total capacity the C drive on my laptop has, why does it insist on updating to Windows 11 when the maximum capacity of hard drive space is less than 64gb?I want regular updates to Windows 10, but I would like to prevent the automatic downloading of Windows 11. How do I do that? This has been a regular source of frustration for over a year. Why hasn't Microsoft seen and fixed this problem?

:)

David S P, Jun 28, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why doesn't Windows 10 see that my hard drive is smaller than 64gb and is therefore too... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 28, 2022
  3. little cat, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Why doesn't Windows 10 see that my hard drive is smaller than 64gb and is therefore too...

hard drive full, but can<t find the item to erase

Windows 10 has the option to change the storage location. We suggest that you change the storage location so you can still use your hard drive instead of using the SSD. Kindly follow the steps below on how to change the storage location:

• On the Search bar, type in storage and select the top most result.
    • On the Storage screen, change the location of each options to your desired hard drive. The files will now be saved on the specific hard drive.

Why doesn't Windows 10 see that my hard drive is smaller than 64gb and is therefore too... 47d2da23-d12c-4708-9637-ccc0766a4909.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Why doesn't Windows 10 see that my hard drive is smaller than 64gb and is therefore too... - Similar Threads - Why doesn't hard

2. Why doesn't Windows 10 see that my hard drive is smaller than 64gb and is therefore too...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why doesn't Windows 10 see that my hard drive is smaller than 64gb and is therefore too...: If Windows 10 can tell me exactly how much free space and total capacity the C drive on my laptop has, why does it insist on updating to Windows 11 when the maximum capacity of hard drive space is less than 64gb?I want regular updates to Windows 10, but I would like to...
  3. Why doesn't Windows 10 see that my hard drive is smaller than 64gb and is therefore too...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't Windows 10 see that my hard drive is smaller than 64gb and is therefore too...: If Windows 10 can tell me exactly how much free space and total capacity the C drive on my laptop has, why does it insist on updating to Windows 11 when the maximum capacity of hard drive space is less than 64gb?I want regular updates to Windows 10, but I would like to...
  4. Why is the size of this folder smaller than it actually is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the size of this folder smaller than it actually is?: My music folder, when i hit properties to check its weight it says 122 GB but then it will say in parentheses “131,430,466,016 bytes” that’s almost 10 GB that it’s not showing. I have the option “show hidden elements” activated. What could this be?...
  5. Why is the size of this folder smaller than it actually is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the size of this folder smaller than it actually is?: My music folder, when i hit properties to check its weight it says 122 GB but then it will say in parentheses “131,430,466,016 bytes” that’s almost 10 GB that it’s not showing. I have the option “show hidden elements” activated. What could this be?...
  6. how do i migrate ONLY the os to a smaller ssd than my hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i migrate ONLY the os to a smaller ssd than my hard drive: i got a new ssd and i want IT to be only a boot drive and my hdd to be for general storage.i got Aomei,i press on migrate os i select the 120 gb ssd that i have and it says that i need around 300 gb more (my hdd is 1tb and i have only used 300 gb) i looked online to see how...
  7. Windows.old is smaller than Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows.old is smaller than Windows: After I made a recovery drive, there was a new folder in my C: drive that was called windows.old . I now that it does that on purpose because it copies all the windows system files and stores it there. But for some reason, from this image I took, "Windows.old" has more files...
  8. My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives

My Computer Doesn't "See" External Hard Drives: Toshiba laptop, W10 Home, Ver 1803 I have 2 external hard drives. When I plug either of them into a USB port I hear the normal beep sound, indicating they've been recognized but they don't automatically play, even though auto play is enabled . They don't even show up in...
  9. Hard drive shows much smaller than is

Hard drive shows much smaller than is: You're quite welcome. Glad we can help. However, I suggest to use the smaller drive for Windows, 200 GB is enough (186 GB shown). You can transfer Windows back to it then use 1TB drive strictly for data. Easier to manage and backup. If you need help on this, let me know.
  10. Windows 10 doesn't see some Hard Drives

Windows 10 doesn't see some Hard Drives: OK Windows sometimes doesn't see some hard drives. I can take a HDD from another computer that is running windows 10. Put it in another computer and it will not pick it up. The drives are seen in the bios on all computers. I sometimes can fix it by making them 2nd boot...