Windows 10: Why doesn't windows 10 snap feature work?

Discus and support Why doesn't windows 10 snap feature work? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It still doesn't work for me. I suspect MS don't fix it because they're too busy dreaming up useless updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by alancsears, May 14, 2019.

1. Why doesn't windows 10 snap feature work?

It still doesn't work for me. I suspect MS don't fix it because they're too busy dreaming up useless updates.

:)

alancsears, May 14, 2019

2. Accessibility feature of Windows Snap in Windows 10

Hello,

The mouse sensitivity while performing a Snap works in tandem with how it works in Windows. So, changing the mouse sensitivity will not impact the Snap feature functionality separately.

So to answer to your query, there is no such dedicated control/settings to change how mouse gestures will work for Snap feature in Windows.

However, a work around in this case is to use keyboard shortcuts:

• Windows + Left Arrow
    • Windows + Right Arrow
    This works to snap windows to the left and right half of the screen respectively.

Hope the recommendation is helpful.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 snap feature no longer works

This is weird because the snap and drag feature has worked perfectly until a couple of days ago. First of all, it is turned on. And it did work before. But it's easier to show instead of tell. So, here's a short Jing video: Windows will not snap together
    I'd love some help. Thanks.

goozleology, May 14, 2019
  4. Why doesn't windows 10 snap feature work?

We need a better Snap feature!

Snapping windows in win8 was amazing, having a list view on the rightside of the screen was really handy, it let you slide in an app next to your already open application. In windows ten this feature no longer exists. I now need to swipe right tap my app,
    shrink it down then find my app to put side by side... extra steps are annoying.

Now that apple came out with a similar feature on their ipad, theirs actually works better than windows 10! Please make this feature more intuitive bring back the old snapping from windows 8!

Also add a thin bar between windows that i have snapped when in desktop mode so that i can easily resize them.

ConstantinMitides, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Why doesn't windows 10 snap feature work?

1. Why doesn't windows 10 snap feature work? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't snap

2. Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?: Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-mouse-snap-feature-work-anymore-in/5a7322ae-637f-44ce-92f0-18056ee14bae
  3. Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?: Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-mouse-snap-feature-work-anymore-in/5a7322ae-637f-44ce-92f0-18056ee14bae
  4. Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Snapping windows doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snapping windows doesn't work properly: I'm trying the snapping feature in multi-tasking. When I drag a window to the edge of the screen, it should fill exactly half of the screen, but sometimes it is a little bit larger than expected. Here "sometimes" means it doesn't happen every time. It happens on many...
  6. Snapping windows doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snapping windows doesn't work properly: I'm trying the snapping feature in multi-tasking. When I drag a window to the edge of the screen, it should fill exactly half of the screen, but sometimes it is a little bit larger than expected. Here "sometimes" means it doesn't happen every time. It happens on many...
  7. Snapping windows doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Snap Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Snap Feature: I created a permanent snap box in one corner of my monitor screen. It was defined by a yellow border that would appear when I moved a window into the box. The window would automatically resize to fit the box. I just got a new computer and can't remember how to create that...
  9. Snap Feature not working correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snap Feature not working correctly: Hey all, I recently upgraded to windows 10 (bought a new lenovo thinkpad) from windows 7and I'm learning all about the new features. One feature I haven't gotten to 100% work properly is the "snap" feature. I can drag a window to a side of the screen fine, and then the "snap...
  10. Windows 10 snap feature no longer works

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 snap feature no longer works: This is weird because the snap and drag feature has worked perfectly until a couple of days ago. First of all, it is turned on. And it did work before. But it's easier to show instead of tell. So, here's a short Jing video: Windows will not snap together I'd love some help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows snap doesnt work

2. snap windows does not work