Windows 10: Why Doesn't Windows Mail App Support Focused Inbox for GMail?

Discus and support Why Doesn't Windows Mail App Support Focused Inbox for GMail? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use Outlook for Android, which supports Focused inbox for both Hotmail/Outlook and GMail accounts. Why is Windows Main app different? It's kinda... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by deejeekaa, Jan 16, 2020.

1. deejeekaa Win User

Why Doesn't Windows Mail App Support Focused Inbox for GMail?

I use Outlook for Android, which supports Focused inbox for both Hotmail/Outlook and GMail accounts. Why is Windows Main app different? It's kinda unexpected, inconvenient and weird

Thank you!

:)

deejeekaa, Jan 16, 2020

2. Mail app and Gmail Focused inbox

I wanted to know how to activate focused inbox for my gmail account using the mail app in windows. Focused inbox works for my outlook exchange account but it is unavailable for gmail when I try to activate it. From what I read focused inbox was made
    available last spring for Gmail.

Brandonallen1, Jan 16, 2020
  3. danielkim Win User
    Focused Inbox for Gmail in Mail App?

Kind of strange, but focused inbox for Gmail appears in one of my computers, but not in another. The Mail app versions are the same, most updated.

So there IS a scenario where the Mail app can do focused inbox for Gmail, can't figure out what is different.

danielkim, Jan 16, 2020
  4. huddie Win User

Gmail Focused Inbox in Win 10 mail

This is about the Microsoft Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app feature called Focused Inbox for Gmail, which is not handled by Google.

huddie, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Why Doesn't Windows Mail App Support Focused Inbox for GMail? - Similar Threads - Why Doesn't Mail

2. Microsoft Mail - Windows 10. Focused Inbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Mail - Windows 10. Focused Inbox: Hello I am trying to take off the focused tab. When I open up Microsoft Mail for Windows 10 and click on settings I see the list of options on the right. Clicking on some of these such as "Help", "Notifications" and the one I need to turn off focused inbox causes the app to...
  3. focused inbox?

in Windows 10 Customization
    focused inbox?: What is the purpose of a focused inbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focused-inbox/7af0b0cc-4268-425b-a2e5-06e2183056db
  4. Will Windows Mail Focused Inbox be ever be provided for Gmail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows Mail Focused Inbox be ever be provided for Gmail?: I have windows 10 Pro 1809 version on my Surface laptop. In my windows 10 Mail App, I cannot get Focused Inbox for Gmail account since more than 6 months now. I used to have it earlier but after a format of my PC, I never got the feature back again. I thought that Microsoft...
  5. Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app

Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app: I definitely used to have focused inbox support for my gmail accounts within the Windows 10 mail app. After having to reset my Windows Mail app, I no longer have the option to toggle focused inbox on my gmail accounts. Is there something I can do to fix this issue? I use...
  6. Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app after resetting windows 10

Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app after resetting windows 10: I recently had to reset windows 10 on my Surface Pro 2017 due to issues with the windows store. Everything else is fine, but for some reason, I have been unable to re-enable Focused Inbox on either of my Gmail accounts, but it still works with my Outlook account. Focus...
  7. Windows 10 Mail app missing Focused Inbox for Gmail accounts

Windows 10 Mail app missing Focused Inbox for Gmail accounts: On my Surface Pro 4, I was able to have my Gmail inbox in the native Windows 10 inbox app use the Focused Inbox feature. I get a lot of clutter and marketing emails, so it was really handy to find the signal among the noise. With Google killing the Inbox app, I decided to...
  8. Focused Inbox for Gmail using Win 10 Mail App

Focused Inbox for Gmail using Win 10 Mail App: So, I really like the Focused Inbox feature on Win 10 Mail and Outlook. It works for my Outlook and 365 accounts, and it works very well for sorting mail into important, junk (which I don't even see), and everything else in between. For the last year or so, my Gmail on the...
  9. Unable to access Gmail inbox through Mail app

Unable to access Gmail inbox through Mail app: Hi, I am currently using my Gmail account across all Microsoft services (for Windows sign in, Xbox account etc) and facing issues getting my Gmail inbox to appear in the Mail app. I have no problems adding my account through the Google sign in prompt in the app, but my...
  10. Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care...