Windows 10: Why doesn't Windows search ever produce any results?

Discus and support Why doesn't Windows search ever produce any results? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a directory full of html files. It won't search for text inside them. submitted by /u/zeroone [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zeroone, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Why doesn't Windows search ever produce any results?

I have a directory full of html files. It won't search for text inside them.

submitted by /u/zeroone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zeroone, Nov 19, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why doesn't Windows search ever produce any results? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 19, 2022
  3. CarlTonay Win User
    windows search box not producing result from search criteria

windows search box not producing result from search criteria

CarlTonay, Nov 19, 2022
  4. Why doesn't Windows search ever produce any results?

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Why doesn't Windows search ever produce any results? a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Nov 19, 2022
Thema:

Why doesn't Windows search ever produce any results?

1. Why doesn't Windows search ever produce any results? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't search

2. UWFMGR command doesn't produce any output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWFMGR command doesn't produce any output: I am working on a Windows 10 Pro Education PC 22H2 Build 19045.3996 Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0. I have recently installed uwfmgr, but when i launch uwfmgr.exe command with any parameter I ever obtain only a cursor blanking on a new line ... No errors, no message, no...
  3. UWFMGR command doesn't produce any output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWFMGR command doesn't produce any output: I am working on a Windows 10 Pro Education PC 22H2 Build 19045.3996 Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0. I have recently installed uwfmgr, but when i launch uwfmgr.exe command with any parameter I ever obtain only a cursor blanking on a new line ... No errors, no message, no...
  4. UWFMGR command doesn't produce any output

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Keyboard keypresses produce irregular results

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keypresses produce irregular results: Pressing a key on the keyboard can produce completely irregular results. Some times the keystroke doesn't register at all some times it registers multiple times. This is a new behaviour that's happening with an old windows 10 installation. They keyboard apparently works fine...
  6. Program doesn't show in search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program doesn't show in search results: When I search for a program from the Start > Search menu, a specific program that is installed in my computer doesn't show under the letter of its name. What can be the reason? Is the problem on the program or Windows'[ATTACH] end?...
  7. windows search box not producing result from search criteria

in Cortana
    windows search box not producing result from search criteria: windows search box not producing result from search criteria https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-box-not-producing-result-from/e03e771f-4983-40e5-a1b8-c6af5df12d62"
  8. Search Bar not producing search results.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar not producing search results.: As the title says, search bar is yeliding no search results. I use it to launch games, change sound sources and such. It will still give the option for web results but that is it. It will not find apps, games, settings or anything. I have tried everything short of a reset to...
  9. Search not showing any results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing any results: Windows search is not showing any results. It keeps searching... 21347
  10. Search does not display any results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search does not display any results: The title says everything. I rebuilt the index, moved it to another disk, rebuilt again without any result: no results in the search window. Cortana is off and web searching is off. Even if web searching is on, there are no search results in the window. This has never...