Windows 10: Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio?

Discus and support Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Seriously. What is the explanation for this?! Is there a fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by unhappy_user_920, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio?

Seriously. What is the explanation for this?! Is there a fix?

:)

unhappy_user_920, Sep 14, 2018

2. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio? :)

GiancarlosGarza, Sep 14, 2018
  3. tronicman Win User
    Windows Media Player doesn´t play podcasts - probs with aac audio and h.264 video

I tried the TCPMP yet - they removed the AAC plugin, so it doesn´t play them, too. I´ve been trying diverse downloads from different links to the TCPMP (0.72 RC1 and 0.71 as well), but none of them was with AAC :-(

I tried as well to install the ffmpeg plugin (for TCPMP), but that doesn´t work, too.

The messages after installing the TCPMP from the given URL http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/ looks like this: "Video codec (AVC aka H.264) not supported by the player" and "MPEG4 AAC Audio decoder not included (...) because of intellectual
    property considerations" (whatever...)

This is driving me mad!

So my last hope was to improve the Windows Media Player with the codec...

Any suggestions??

tronicman, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio?

1. Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't support

2. Refund for 1 year of tech support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refund for 1 year of tech support: My bank account shows a $134 charge from MSBILL.INFO for a year of tech support I didn't intend. I do not need this support and want a refund. I have completed the steps for cancelling reoccurring billing on this but it appears the support will continue until about a year...
  3. why no chat or email support for windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why no chat or email support for windows?: is there no chat support? email support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-chat-or-email-support-for-windows/932620d8-ddf8-47df-bfc8-293033a976ee
  4. Why Window 10 Doesn't support my quotes pictures ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Window 10 Doesn't support my quotes pictures ?: Why window 10 don't show my art's on disc c ? before i using window 8 and my all pics are showing properly but when i update with window 10 my pictures are showing like a virus , and em worried about that because i make these pics within 6 months Thanks for help...
  5. audio not working why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio not working why?: my audio is not working even though i have my headphones in and it does not work if i unplug them either there is a big red x on it if that helps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-why/e2a14d1e-c4fe-4c89-a3cd-f35d5175df30
  6. Audio driver not supporting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio driver not supporting: With the new windows 10 update my hp laptop is facing audio driver related problem. When it will be fixed? as i have already given 250 bucks to the technichian to reinstall the audio driver....
  7. why Hindi is not supported in Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why Hindi is not supported in Windows: when hindi language is add in Microsoft windows. in Bharat (India) there are huge importance in Hindi why Satiya Nadela not importace of Hindi language, he is also a Bhartiy (Indian). Google already provide hidi and all bhartiye (Indian) regional language...
  8. CPU doesn't support NX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU doesn't support NX: Hi, I need a help, I tried to install Android Studio to start working on developping apps, but when I tried to make an emulator (virtual device), it doesn't work, and I had this warning " Your CPU doesn't support NX ". My ask is to know what is mean NX, and why my CPU...
  9. This build of windows will expire on 5/1/2017...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This build of windows will expire on 5/1/2017...: I recently replaced the faulty hard drive on my laptop. I reinstalled Windows 10. I am now getting this message "THIS BUILD OF WINDOWS WILL EXPIRE SOON" Your build of Windows will expire on 5/1/2017. If it expires, your PC will restart every few hours. Go online for more...
  10. Changing language:" This version of Windows doesn't support this"

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing language:" This version of Windows doesn't support this": Hello, I bought a new laptop that is in another language but I want to use it in English. During the set up they let you choose the language and whatnot but this didn't change anything besides the keyboard. Once W10 was installed I I went into settings and control panel...