Windows 10: Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio?

Discus and support Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Seriously. What is the explanation for this?! Is there a fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by unhappy_user_920, Sep 14, 2018.

1. unhappy_user_920 Win User

Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio?

Seriously. What is the explanation for this?! Is there a fix?

:)

unhappy_user_920, Sep 14, 2018
  2. GiancarlosGarza Win User

Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio? :)

GiancarlosGarza, Sep 14, 2018
  3. tronicman Win User
    Windows Media Player doesn´t play podcasts - probs with aac audio and h.264 video

I tried the TCPMP yet - they removed the AAC plugin, so it doesn´t play them, too. I´ve been trying diverse downloads from different links to the TCPMP (0.72 RC1 and 0.71 as well), but none of them was with AAC :-(

I tried as well to install the ffmpeg plugin (for TCPMP), but that doesn´t work, too.

The messages after installing the TCPMP from the given URL http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/ looks like this: "Video codec (AVC aka H.264) not supported by the player" and "MPEG4 AAC Audio decoder not included (...) because of intellectual
    property considerations" (whatever...)

This is driving me mad!

So my last hope was to improve the Windows Media Player with the codec...

Any suggestions??

tronicman, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't support

2. why Hindi is not supported in Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why Hindi is not supported in Windows: when hindi language is add in Microsoft windows. in Bharat (India) there are huge importance in Hindi why Satiya Nadela not importace of Hindi language, he is also a Bhartiy (Indian). Google already provide hidi and all bhartiye (Indian) regional language...
  3. Only 1 of 5 systems display in NETWORK...?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only 1 of 5 systems display in NETWORK...?: Hello, We have 5 Win10 systems on our office network all are V.1803 Build 17134.112, and all have shared resources. If, I click on NETWORK on one of the systems, only one other system displays. But, if I enter any of the 4 other systems by name on the address line, all of...
  4. Adobe flash update 5/1/16

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Adobe flash update 5/1/16: MS pushed a flash update to edge and IE11 today. All seems fine on my system so a safe update 36368
  5. Multiple audio devices 1 jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple audio devices 1 jack: I've googled this endlessly with no result and I'm guessing it isn't possible but I may as well ask. My laptop has one audio/mic port. I'm cheap and had a splitter laying around, my headphones, and a set of ear buds with a mic on it I combined to use as a headset. This...
  6. CPU doesn't support NX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU doesn't support NX: Hi, I need a help, I tried to install Android Studio to start working on developping apps, but when I tried to make an emulator (virtual device), it doesn't work, and I had this warning " Your CPU doesn't support NX ". My ask is to know what is mean NX, and why my CPU...
  7. This build of windows will expire on 5/1/2017...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This build of windows will expire on 5/1/2017...: I recently replaced the faulty hard drive on my laptop. I reinstalled Windows 10. I am now getting this message "THIS BUILD OF WINDOWS WILL EXPIRE SOON" Your build of Windows will expire on 5/1/2017. If it expires, your PC will restart every few hours. Go online for more...
  8. Changing language:" This version of Windows doesn't support this"

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing language:" This version of Windows doesn't support this": Hello, I bought a new laptop that is in another language but I want to use it in English. During the set up they let you choose the language and whatnot but this didn't change anything besides the keyboard. Once W10 was installed I I went into settings and control panel...
  9. Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code

in Windows 10 News
    Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code: After supporting the widely adopted JUnit 4 with the Java Test Runner extension for Visual Studio Code, we’ve received suggestions to add additional test frameworks, like JUnit 5 and TestNG. We’ve added initial support for JUnit 5, including running, debugging test cases as...
  10. Windows 10 doesnt start properly every 1 in 5 startups

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 doesnt start properly every 1 in 5 startups: Hello, Sometimes when I boot my PC, most programs and file explorer will not open. The only other noticible difference to when Windows 10 boots properly is the ENG at the bottom right of the screen in the task bar is missing (as seen in the image). If I just restart the...