Windows 10: Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio?

Discus and support Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Seriously. What is the explanation for this?! Is there a fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by unhappy_user_920, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio?

Seriously. What is the explanation for this?! Is there a fix?

:)

unhappy_user_920, Sep 14, 2018

2. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio? :)

GiancarlosGarza, Sep 14, 2018
  3. tronicman Win User
    Windows Media Player doesn´t play podcasts - probs with aac audio and h.264 video

I tried the TCPMP yet - they removed the AAC plugin, so it doesn´t play them, too. I´ve been trying diverse downloads from different links to the TCPMP (0.72 RC1 and 0.71 as well), but none of them was with AAC :-(

I tried as well to install the ffmpeg plugin (for TCPMP), but that doesn´t work, too.

The messages after installing the TCPMP from the given URL http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/ looks like this: "Video codec (AVC aka H.264) not supported by the player" and "MPEG4 AAC Audio decoder not included (...) because of intellectual
    property considerations" (whatever...)

This is driving me mad!

So my last hope was to improve the Windows Media Player with the codec...

Any suggestions??

tronicman, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio?

1. Why doesn't Windows support 5.1 audio? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't support

2. Why doesn't Windows 11 support Pentium4415Y?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Windows 11 support Pentium4415Y?: Why is Pentium4415Y not supported by Windows 11? The Pentium4415Y meets all the requirements of Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-windows-11-support-pentium4415y/489c524a-1623-426a-8fab-530c25869dd1
  3. Why doesn't Windows 11 support Pentium4415Y?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't Windows 11 support Pentium4415Y?: Why is Pentium4415Y not supported by Windows 11? The Pentium4415Y meets all the requirements of Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-windows-11-support-pentium4415y/489c524a-1623-426a-8fab-530c25869dd1
  4. Why doesn't windows 11 natively support receiving bluetooth audio from other devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't windows 11 natively support receiving bluetooth audio from other devices?: Sometimes i just wanna watch a quick vid on my phone.There's this app that has this functionality which is on the microsoft store and would likely be relatively simple to implement.https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N9WCLWDQS5JThis app does exactly what I'm looking...
  5. Why doesn't windows 11 natively support receiving bluetooth audio from other devices?

Why doesn't windows 11 natively support receiving bluetooth audio from other devices?: Sometimes i just wanna watch a quick vid on my phone.There's this app that has this functionality which is on the microsoft store and would likely be relatively simple to implement.https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N9WCLWDQS5JThis app does exactly what I'm looking...
  6. Why Does Ryzen 5 2500U doesn't support windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does Ryzen 5 2500U doesn't support windows 11 ?: My Laptop has Ryzen 5 2500U processor and it has everything like secure boot, TPM 2.0 and 8GB Ram. Still it shows my laptop is not supported. May I know why?...
  7. Why Does Ryzen 5 2500U doesn't support windows 11 ?

Why Does Ryzen 5 2500U doesn't support windows 11 ?: My Laptop has Ryzen 5 2500U processor and it has everything like secure boot, TPM 2.0 and 8GB Ram. Still it shows my laptop is not supported. May I know why?...
  8. Why Does Ryzen 5 2500U doesn't support windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Realtek Audio Console "doesn't support for this machine"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Console "doesn't support for this machine": Hello, I had been wanting to use an EQ for my headphones and thought, hey, my laptop uses realtek drivers and I used their audio console a while back to change my EQ. Downloaded that from microsoft store and I got the error message "Realtek Audio Console doesn't support for...
  10. Why doesn't Windows support aptX bluetooth drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why doesn't Windows support aptX bluetooth drivers?: I recently bought an EKSA Bluetooth 5 wireless transceiver with RCA outputs to amplifier. I needed it to transmit from Windows 10 laptop to audio amplifier to improve sound quality and what do I get? After searching online I see that Microsoft does not support aptX and HD...