Windows 10: Why don't folders open?

Discus and support Why don't folders open? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I click on a folder - it goes to open, and then effectively reboots and closes. I have run all sorts of security checks - but it seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveSutton1, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Why don't folders open?

When I click on a folder - it goes to open, and then effectively reboots and closes. I have run all sorts of security checks - but it seems to be embedded in MS system. Why can I not access the files held o the Acer laptop?

:)

DaveSutton1, Jul 11, 2019
  2. arassami Win User

don"t open game in win10i

I am game player.(sniper fury)in win10.but to day don"t opening game.or close after 2-3 secend.3 the back to last morning by recovery poin .but nothing

*** Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate category ***

arassami, Jul 11, 2019
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Why don't folders open?

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Why don't folders open?

1. Why don't folders open? - Similar Threads - Why don't folders

2. Why does window 11 always open a new folder for the same folder that is already opened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does window 11 always open a new folder for the same folder that is already opened?: So I click on a folder on my desktop windows 11, after a while I minimize it and forget that it was opened. So I click the folder in the desktop and instead of bringing up the already open folder, it just creates a new one. By the end of the day I release that I have 8 of the...
  3. Why does window 11 always open a new folder for the same folder that is already opened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does window 11 always open a new folder for the same folder that is already opened?: So I click on a folder on my desktop windows 11, after a while I minimize it and forget that it was opened. So I click the folder in the desktop and instead of bringing up the already open folder, it just creates a new one. By the end of the day I release that I have 8 of the...
  4. why is this folder not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is this folder not opening: why is this folder not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-folder-not-opening/ca144963-e036-4fa9-b5cf-3982cd542b8b
  5. why is this folder not opening

why is this folder not opening: why is this folder not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-folder-not-opening/ca144963-e036-4fa9-b5cf-3982cd542b8b
  6. It opens the folders in a new window, even if I don't want them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It opens the folders in a new window, even if I don't want them.: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I have installed all the updates so far. When I click on folders in Explorer, sometimes they open in the same window, and sometimes they open in a new window. It's so annoying. I have a lot of windows on my screen. If you select a folder and press...
  7. It opens the folders in a new window, even if I don't want them.

It opens the folders in a new window, even if I don't want them.: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I have installed all the updates so far. When I click on folders in Explorer, sometimes they open in the same window, and sometimes they open in a new window. It's so annoying. I have a lot of windows on my screen. If you select a folder and press...
  8. Why my files don't open?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why my files don't open?: Hi, As soon as I close a file that I create word, PPT etc, the file no longer opens. I've checked the file Properties and it looks that the Security tab is missing. Not sure if there is a relation between the missing Security tab and the file not opening, but I have...
  9. All file types don't open, in some particular folders.

All file types don't open, in some particular folders.: Greetings, My C drive was almost full and I needed to expand its space. To do so, some free unallocated space must exist after the C drive in the "Disk Management" window. I had only one more driver D and therefore I created another driver E and moved all files from D to E...
  10. don't have permission to open folder

don't have permission to open folder: I am logged in as administrator. How can o gain access tio this folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-permission-to-open-folder/16f52966-519c-48b9-a5fa-bb4418afaf31"