Windows 10: Why don't I have control over App Permissions!

Discus and support Why don't I have control over App Permissions! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why doesn't windows 10 not allow me to disallow individual permissions?? I was downloading an email program from Microsoft Store and below are just... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by timnels1, Aug 29, 2019.

1. timnels1 Win User

Why don't I have control over App Permissions!

Why doesn't windows 10 not allow me to disallow individual permissions??

I was downloading an email program from Microsoft Store and below are just some of the permissions that this software would have had access to!! Why windows, can I not stop these permissions individually. Why would any software need to install additional software without my knowledge or permission?

This is an email app why do they need these permissions?

Access all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs, and registry: The app has the ability to read or write to all your files (including documents, pictures, and music) and registry settings, which allows the app to make changes to your computer and settings. It can use any peripheral devices that are either attached or part of your device (such as cameras, microphones, or printers) without notifying you. It also has access to your location, and can use platform features, such as location history, app diagnostics, and more, which are denied to most Store apps. You can't control most of the permissions for this app in Settings > Privacy. Note that while the app has the ability to access these resources, it might not actually do so. For more info about what the app collects or uses, review the privacy policy of the developer.

Allow elevation: Allows the app to run with administrator privileges without prompting the user first.

Bluetooth: Activate and use any Bluetooth connections between your device and other devices.

Custom install actions: Install additional software.

Facial recognition: Activate and use any facial recognition hardware.

Tim N

:)

timnels1, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Need Help With Windows Permissions Control Issues

Taking ownership can sometimes just be the first step. You may then need to add your account to the list of those that have permissions and grant yourself full control. On the Security tab, to change permissions, click 'Edit', then click 'Add' to add your account.

4. Why don't I have control over App Permissions!

AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Why don't I have control over App Permissions!

1. Why don't I have control over App Permissions! - Similar Threads - Why don't control

2. Why i have no control over my hardware anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why i have no control over my hardware anymore?: I started a bigger download and went to work. When i came home i realized the pc was restarted. My files weren't downloaded. All my applications were closed. But a update was installed. Why i can't decide anymore by myself when i turn my pc off and on?...
  3. Why i have no control over my hardware anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why i have no control over my hardware anymore?: I started a bigger download and went to work. When i came home i realized the pc was restarted. My files weren't downloaded. All my applications were closed. But a update was installed. Why i can't decide anymore by myself when i turn my pc off and on?...
  4. Why i have no control over my hardware anymore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why don't I have the app and features in settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't I have the app and features in settings?: I have a Windows 11 and I'm trying to change the app recommendation setting but I don't know how because I don't have app and features. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-i-have-the-app-and-features-in-settings/364f76ae-1621-4025-8122-1852d320db69
  6. Why don't I have the app and features in settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why don't I have the app and features in settings?: I have a Windows 11 and I'm trying to change the app recommendation setting but I don't know how because I don't have app and features. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-i-have-the-app-and-features-in-settings/364f76ae-1621-4025-8122-1852d320db69
  7. Update control, why don't we have it?

in Cortana
    Update control, why don't we have it?: It use to be that we could choose the updates when installed. We had total control over them, within reason, but it got taken away with windows 8 if memory serves at least. I could pick from important updates and optional updates, and even select which updates to do prior to...
  8. why don't I have permission to see some shared folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why don't I have permission to see some shared folders?: I've long since shared documents, music and pictures on my central computer. My old laptop can still see all of them. My new computer can see the documents, but not the pictures or the music. I get the message Windows cannot access \\central computer\Pictures. You don't...
  9. It seems I don't have control over input language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It seems I don't have control over input language: [ATTACH] Last time I had to set language options, I would go to Settings, Language and, below 'Preferred languages' it would list a single option that I used. It used to be 'English (United States)' as the default app language and Windows display language, with the...
  10. Don't have write permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't have write permission: Hello. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. It's default operating system when I bought my laptop from official store. First of all, I don't know is it my real problem or not , but most probably it is write permission, I guess. So I want to describe my problem precisely....