Windows 10: Why don't links open up OVER other applications running, in order of clicked.

Discus and support Why don't links open up OVER other applications running, in order of clicked. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, for example, when I have my email tab opened full screen and I click a link on one of my emails it doesn't take me to that link in a new opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CurtisLeSann, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Why don't links open up OVER other applications running, in order of clicked.

So, for example, when I have my email tab opened full screen and I click a link on one of my emails it doesn't take me to that link in a new opened tab. I have to go searching for where it opened. Usually on other computers, when you click an application, it opens up over everything. Another example, when I click iTunes it doesn't open up over all applications, I have to physically minimize other applications to get to iTunes.

How do I change in the settings for when I click something, it takes me to what I opened, and I don't need to go minimizing things to see that it actually opened?

:)

CurtisLeSann, Aug 19, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Aug 19, 2018
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Why don't links open up OVER other applications running, in order of clicked.

Links in Windows 10 e-mail won't open. When I click on a link, it says "application not found".

Hi Ronald,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing your Email account? Is it through browser or any application?
    • If through app, which app are you using?
    • Is this issue specific to any link? Did you using different links?
    • Which is the default browser set on your Computer?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to change your default browser to other browser like IE or Edge and check if this helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps and change the browser under web browser.
    Kindly get back to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Why don't links open up OVER other applications running, in order of clicked.

1. Why don't links open up OVER other applications running, in order of clicked. - Similar Threads - Why don't links

2. Why is my built-in application not opening when clicked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my built-in application not opening when clicked?: My computer's RAM had a problem, and now, after removing it, I can't open some built-in programs like Microsoft Edge and Settings when I click on them....
  3. Why is my built-in application not opening when clicked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my built-in application not opening when clicked?: My computer's RAM had a problem, and now, after removing it, I can't open some built-in programs like Microsoft Edge and Settings when I click on them....
  4. Why is my built-in application not opening when clicked?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Program run as admin under standard user, when clicking web link in application opens MS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program run as admin under standard user, when clicking web link in application opens MS...: Using Windows 10 Professional Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎20/‎2022 OS build 19045.2364 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0 I have several applications, HWIN64 hardware monitoring and Logitech My Harmony, which default to...
  6. Program run as admin under standard user, when clicking web link in application opens MS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program run as admin under standard user, when clicking web link in application opens MS...: Using Windows 10 Professional Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎20/‎2022 OS build 19045.2364 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0 I have several applications, HWIN64 hardware monitoring and Logitech My Harmony, which default to...
  7. Program run as admin under standard user, when clicking web link in application opens MS...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Right Click: To Open Link in New Application Guard Window

in Browsers and Email
    Right Click: To Open Link in New Application Guard Window: Hi, I have activated Application guard for Edge. Is there a way to right click and open new link in application guard window from normal browsing? The only options I see are; Open New Link in, 'new tab' , 'new window' , 'new inprivate window'. To have the option to open a...
  9. Single Click is Opening Application

Single Click is Opening Application: Before in order to open any application on the desktop we use to double click, now after Windows 10 update, when I click just once to select it on the desktop, it is opening the application. How to revert back to previous settings, please help...
  10. Applications opening with one click

Applications opening with one click: Hello, since a recent update to Windows 10, I've noticed that all my applications open with one click. Also, emails within Outlook 365 also open just by selecting an email to preview. I've gone into File Explorer and made sure option to "Double click " was still selected....