Windows 10: Why dont network users see windows apps like photoviewer,calculator etc but they can be...

Discus and support Why dont network users see windows apps like photoviewer,calculator etc but they can be... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On some of our windows 10 machines, some domain users dont have photoviewer, calculator etc but they can be seen on the local admin side?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MIS NCBA, Jun 9, 2023.

1. MIS NCBA Win User

Why dont network users see windows apps like photoviewer,calculator etc but they can be...

On some of our windows 10 machines, some domain users dont have photoviewer, calculator etc but they can be seen on the local admin side?

:)

MIS NCBA, Jun 9, 2023

2. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Can't use Windows Store App or calculator

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to use Windows Store App or calculator.

The issue might be caused due to corruption in system files or corrupted user account.

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and press Enter
      key.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select Windows Store Apps from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue is unresolved, perform step 2.

Step 2: Create a new user account.

Refer to the below link to create a local user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Why dont network users see windows apps like photoviewer,calculator etc but they can be...

Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain

One of our domain users was having an issue with an unrelated program and, since we had very little information to go on, we removed her local profile from the PC and had her start over from scratch. Since then, her calculator app crashes as it's launching.
    It will open a blue window and then immediately close. It still works for other users logged into the same PC though. We have tried the following steps in this order trying to resolve this issue for her:

• Terminated the app
    • Reset the app
    • Performed a Windows update to 1903 (I think it was 1809 previously)
    • Uninstalled then re-installed the app (uninstalling wasn't an option prior to the update)
    • We've tried re-registering the apps using this powershell script:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Ended the Runtime Broker background process
    • Ran the built in Windows App troubleshooter and rebooted afterwards
    • Ran WSReset.exe

These were most of the solutions I could find by searching. Is there any other possible solution? I don't want to remove and recreate her profile again since that would be a pain for her to do for the second time in two days and it's not guaranteed to
    work since that's what sparked this issue in the first place.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you have.

***Original title: Windows 10 Calculator app crashing as soon as it launches***

AnotherJohnathon, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Why dont network users see windows apps like photoviewer,calculator etc but they can be...

1. Why dont network users see windows apps like photoviewer,calculator etc but they can be... - Similar Threads - Why dont network

2. Why dont network users see windows apps like photoviewer,calculator etc but they can be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why dont network users see windows apps like photoviewer,calculator etc but they can be...: On some of our windows 10 machines, some domain users dont have photoviewer, calculator etc but they can be seen on the local admin side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-network-users-see-windows-apps-like/c285ac65-7b85-437f-ae09-dca37a259bef
  3. Renaming apps like calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming apps like calculator: I would like to rename apps that come automatically installed with windows such as Calculator, and things. I would like it to be shown as "Claculator" because it is funny, much like how I have named notepad nootpadas shown below. is there anyway to do this?...
  4. Renaming apps like calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renaming apps like calculator: I would like to rename apps that come automatically installed with windows such as Calculator, and things. I would like it to be shown as "Claculator" because it is funny, much like how I have named notepad nootpadas shown below. is there anyway to do this?...
  5. Renaming apps like calculator

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Google calculator, can it have its own app like window?

in Browsers and Email
    Google calculator, can it have its own app like window?: calculator - Google Search I particularly like how the result field works with the mouse. Can it run so it looks like an app? 168032
  7. Built in apps photos, calculator, and etc are not working after recreate user profile on...

Built in apps photos, calculator, and etc are not working after recreate user profile on...: Can someone tell me the correct way how to recreate user profile on windows 10 join domain? because I am facing issue with built in app after recreate user profile with rename user profilelist registry and user folder. thank you rename registry...
  8. PhotoViewer and App disappeared

PhotoViewer and App disappeared: my photo viewer is gone and the app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photoviewer-and-app-disappeared/fa5b8343-6401-4279-a823-f3965ef6497d
  9. Why basic calculations dont work in search like before?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why basic calculations dont work in search like before?: Anyone? Tried searching in forum but didnt find anything. 147782
  10. default apps cannot open like calculator, sticky, store, etc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    default apps cannot open like calculator, sticky, store, etc: need help ! I just fresh install last time and just realize i cannot open those default apps, like calculator and photo every tips on internet already tried until "sfc /scannow" show it not find any integrity violation but when iam in clean boot, i can open those...