Windows 10: Why don't some of my windows stay on the monitor I last used them on?

Discus and support Why don't some of my windows stay on the monitor I last used them on? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use two monitors (the laptop monitor + a VGA monitor). I connected a 3rd monitor (HDMI) for a while, then disconnected it as I didn't really use it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Janet808, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Janet808 Win User

Why don't some of my windows stay on the monitor I last used them on?

I use two monitors (the laptop monitor + a VGA monitor). I connected a 3rd monitor (HDMI) for a while, then disconnected it as I didn't really use it. Since I disconnected it, one of the programs I use always opens on the laptop (main) rather than #2 screen where it is when I shut down. All the other programs I have tried seem to remember where they were when shut down - whether it is monitor 1 or 2, and size etc.

Even the subsidiary windows of the program in question open in their correct locations, it is just the main part of the program that insists on coming up on the main monitor.

Some detail - Win 10, program in question is to do digital communications for amateur radio - called fldigi. I tried reconnecting the 3rd monitor, but the problem is still there, so disconnecting/reconnecting may have just been a coincidence.

Any ideas of how to make the program open on #2 monitor in the location it was when last used? It used to be OK up till I changed the monitor arrangements recently.

Thanks
    JJ

:)

Janet808, Aug 30, 2016
  2. Tman3000 Win User

programs not showing up on screens, possibly on another monitor, but when i check its on all monitors, but still no program!

So what I have is, I used to use just one monitor, and never had another, but then I got a new monitor and I had it to the left of my original monitor and then I decided to put it onto the right side, because it fit my desk better, but now all the programs
    want to open on the left side, but there is no monitor there, and they open, but I cannot move them, and they stay there, to get to them and move them I have to go into settings and change the monitor settings and all, so I can drag it from left to middle,
    and if I want it on the right, then I have to change the setting again and drag to the right.

I am using windows 10, and I love my two monitors, I don't want to keep changing it though, so if someone could give me a answer that is actually helpful and that will be able to help me for ever with this problem, that would greatly be appreciated.

Tman3000, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Why can't I read the body of some emails on my WP7, but the same email can be read on Webmail or Outlook on my PC

Thanks, Just wondering if you know when I am getting my Mango update.I have Samsung Focus v1.3 from At&T, I know they have started delivering. I live in NJ, USA

LarryWeiss, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

Why don't some of my windows stay on the monitor I last used them on?

1. Why don't some of my windows stay on the monitor I last used them on? - Similar Threads - Why don't stay

2. On my laptop keyboard some keys doesn't work for a short time if i don't use them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my laptop keyboard some keys doesn't work for a short time if i don't use them: I am using the Asus Rog Zephyrus M16 laptop, and when i restart the laptop or turn my laptop on after letting it sleep , the 'e','g', and 'h' key don't work, after waiting a while, it would work back again, i want to just solve this problem permanently, I've done some...
  3. On my laptop keyboard some keys doesn't work for a short time if i don't use them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my laptop keyboard some keys doesn't work for a short time if i don't use them: I am using the Asus Rog Zephyrus M16 laptop, and when i restart the laptop or turn my laptop on after letting it sleep , the 'e','g', and 'h' key don't work, after waiting a while, it would work back again, i want to just solve this problem permanently, I've done some...
  4. Some keys stop working if I don't use them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys stop working if I don't use them: I have a problem on my laptop, a Xiaomi Mi Notebook air 13.3 with Nvidia MX150. The problem arose more or less 1 year ago, when some of the keys Caps lock, Tab, tilde, ESC, F1, F2, F5 started acting strangely: if I don't use them for some minutes they don't work, but then if...
  5. Some keys stop working if I don't use them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keys stop working if I don't use them: I have a problem on my laptop, a Xiaomi Mi Notebook air 13.3 with Nvidia MX150. The problem arose more or less 1 year ago, when some of the keys Caps lock, Tab, tilde, ESC, F1, F2, F5 started acting strangely: if I don't use them for some minutes they don't work, but then if...
  6. Why do my windows shrink when I don't want them to?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why do my windows shrink when I don't want them to?: My Win-10 open windows always shrink down to the taskbar whenever my mouse pointer is not placed within the actual window. It's really annoying, the windows are constantly shrinking down if I'm not super-careful with the mouse! Why??? Thanks, 174479
  7. I don't have that many TV's and I don't connect to them.. why are they here?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't have that many TV's and I don't connect to them.. why are they here?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Phyreksia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knvxg2/i_dont_have_that_many_tvs_and_i_dont_connect_to/
  8. Why won't my settings stay on my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why won't my settings stay on my monitor: Why won't my settings stay on my monitor, plus my printer is not picking up details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings/2726c9b6-d395-49b4-8129-b9b1822e837c
  9. Windows 10: Tiles don't stay where I put them in the Start menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Tiles don't stay where I put them in the Start menu.: The tiles in my Start menu never stay in one place. They slide far down below the taskbar and I have to scroll down to fish them out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-tiles-dont-stay-where-i-put-them-in-the/67c185b6-cd16-459b-b8a0-ecf7c6a35d7a
  10. Some desktop icons won't stay where I place them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some desktop icons won't stay where I place them.: This started after I did a refresh installation. While many of the icons remain where they are, some of them refuse to stay put when I move them. They spring to another position. What might be causing this bizarre behaviour? 95380