Windows 10: Why dose my computer crash with error %%2684420176 when playing games.

Discus and support Why dose my computer crash with error %%2684420176 when playing games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176My entier computer crashes when playing games and error %%2684420176 keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gregor Kuldsepp, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Why dose my computer crash with error %%2684420176 when playing games.

The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176My entier computer crashes when playing games and error %%2684420176 keeps popping up.

:)

Gregor Kuldsepp, Feb 24, 2024

2. Computer crashes while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that how frustrating it can be when the PC crashes while playing games. I certainly appreciate your efforts taken towards resolving the issue.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. What happens when you try to run a game?
    4. Does the PC crashes only while playing games?
    5. Do you receive any stop code or error message when the PC crashes?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

In addition, you can check if Windows is up to date. Refer the article
    Keep your PC up to date
    and see if that helps.

If you receive a Blue Screen error, please share the dump files with us in order to assist you further. I have sent a private message to you, please share the dump files through the message.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Senocs Win User
    New computer keeps crashing when playing games

Hi,

My computer seems to crash at random when playing games.
    By looking at the crash dumps it seems like there are many different types of errors, but they are all involving ntoskrnl.exe.

Seems to be happening most often when playing games at 4k. At first I thought it might be the power supply, but I also suspect the RAM.

I've attached all of the dump files.

Edit: Seems like it's occurring more and more often now. Been trying to play Rising Storm 2 this afternoon. And the computer have been crashing after just a few minutes.

Senocs, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Why dose my computer crash with error %%2684420176 when playing games.

Computer reboots when launching game: The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176

I've troubleshot this to death, but I'm just not as computer savvy as I wish I was.

I recently redownloaded Call of Duty: Cold War and without fail my entire PC reboots each time I try to start the game up. I've reverified files, uninstalled, reinstalled, and downloaded it on different launchers, and each time it's the same story.

In Event Viewer, I can find two similar error messages.

The first: The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176 Event ID: 7023 (Source: Service Control Manager)

Then: A fatal hardware error occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event. Event ID: 1 (Source: WHEA-Logger)

Specs:

• Windows 11 Home
    • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
    • Nvidia Geforce 3080 FE
    • 32.0 GB RAM
    • Samsung SSD 980 NVMe 500 GB (CWhy dose my computer crash with error %%2684420176 when playing games. :) OS installed here
    • Samsung SSD 860 SATA 1 TB (EWhy dose my computer crash with error %%2684420176 when playing games. :) Game installed here
    • 1 TB Harddrive
    • 850w PSU
    Your expertise would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Google Drive file with msinfo.mfo and eventvwr.evtx

BrockDamjanovich, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Why dose my computer crash with error %%2684420176 when playing games.

1. Why dose my computer crash with error %%2684420176 when playing games. - Similar Threads - Why dose computer

2. Why dose my computer crash with error %%2684420176 when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why dose my computer crash with error %%2684420176 when playing games.: The RstMwService service terminated with the following error: %%2684420176My entier computer crashes when playing games and error %%2684420176 keeps popping up....
  3. Computer crash when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crash when playing a game: I was playing The Long Drive and when i quite the game, reloaded, and hit "load world" my computer frize, and a few seconds later, my monitors went deepfried and crashed.here's the problem windows highlighted. Can someone decipher this and tell me which piece of hardware...
  4. Computer crash when playing a game

Computer crash when playing a game: I was playing The Long Drive and when i quite the game, reloaded, and hit "load world" my computer frize, and a few seconds later, my monitors went deepfried and crashed.here's the problem windows highlighted. Can someone decipher this and tell me which piece of hardware...
  5. Computer crash when playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Computer crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when playing games: When playing 3D games Apex, dauntless and dark souls 3 my computer crashes seemingly at random. The only time it crashes consistently is when cutscenes start in the game Nioh.This is an issue that has only started in the last year and has been getting worse recently. It...
  7. Computer crashes when playing games

Computer crashes when playing games: When playing 3D games Apex, dauntless and dark souls 3 my computer crashes seemingly at random. The only time it crashes consistently is when cutscenes start in the game Nioh.This is an issue that has only started in the last year and has been getting worse recently. It...
  8. Computer crashes when playing games

9. Computer crashes when I play games not sure why.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crashes when I play games not sure why.: Hello recently I haven't been able to play certain games without the computer black screening and restarting. It always happens on the exact same spot in a game 5 secs into the game past the loading screen. I used a app called WhoCrashed and it showed me the crash dump from...
  10. Computer Crashes when playing games

Computer Crashes when playing games: Hello, my computers is crashing when I start up Final Fantasy XIV or World of Warcraft. When it first happen I check the temperature of my GTX 780 graphic card and it was overheating at 90 degrees (surprised) so I downclock the GPU putting a cap of how high the temperature...