Windows 10: Why dose windows still restrict the Extra Large Icon sizes when people have such bigger...

Discus and support Why dose windows still restrict the Extra Large Icon sizes when people have such bigger... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I dont understand it I just want to be able to zoom in and see my files more clearly but windows still restricts it to the same damn tiny size it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Banana TRAIN, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Why dose windows still restrict the Extra Large Icon sizes when people have such bigger...

I dont understand it
    I just want to be able to zoom in and see my files more clearly
    but windows still restricts it to the same damn tiny size it has since god knows when???

Why dose windows still restrict the Extra Large Icon sizes when people have such bigger... [​IMG]

:)

Banana TRAIN, Oct 1, 2020
  2. PFCMCL Win User

Windows Explorer Extra Large Icons View Not Working

Jenith, I think you meant on step "c", Now select extra large icons.

Well, that's exactly what I'm doing and it's not working. Like I said in my original post, when I choose "extra large icons" the only thing that happens is that there's a much bigger white space separating/around the icons, but the actual
    icons are the same size as in the large icon view.

PFCMCL, Oct 1, 2020
  3. B. Parker Win User
    Photo Icons won't display in Extra Large Size

I'm running Windows 10 Pro with all updates installed.

In File Explorer my icons for photos won't expand to the Extra Large Size.

The Large Size works, but clicking the Extra Large Size, it only expands the white-space between them without actually expanding the size of the photo icon itself.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

B. Parker, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Why dose windows still restrict the Extra Large Icon sizes when people have such bigger...

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Why dose windows still restrict the Extra Large Icon sizes when people have such bigger...

1. Why dose windows still restrict the Extra Large Icon sizes when people have such bigger... - Similar Threads - Why dose still

2. Why are "Extra Large Icons" in Windows Explorer still so tiny in Win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are "Extra Large Icons" in Windows Explorer still so tiny in Win11?: I am not even using a 4K screen, just a regular HD display. I have no custom scaling, all is at default value. Yet the Icons in Explorer are still too small even at "Extra Large Value". The use of the term "Extra Large" is a real joke. I upgraded to Window 11 in the hopes...
  3. Why are "Extra Large Icons" in Windows Explorer still so tiny in Win11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are "Extra Large Icons" in Windows Explorer still so tiny in Win11?: I am not even using a 4K screen, just a regular HD display. I have no custom scaling, all is at default value. Yet the Icons in Explorer are still too small even at "Extra Large Value". The use of the term "Extra Large" is a real joke. I upgraded to Window 11 in the hopes...
  4. Extra large icons - are not making the images bigger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra large icons - are not making the images bigger: In window 11 The options “extra large icons” are not bigger then large icons It just makes the space between the icons bigger So the previous photos on the icon areNot big and it is so hard to see witch photo it is windows 10 it was so nice and big...
  5. Extra large icons - are not making the images bigger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extra large icons - are not making the images bigger: In window 11 The options “extra large icons” are not bigger then large icons It just makes the space between the icons bigger So the previous photos on the icon areNot big and it is so hard to see witch photo it is windows 10 it was so nice and big...
  6. Windows Explorer crash when select "Extra Large Icons" and "Large Icons"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer crash when select "Extra Large Icons" and "Large Icons": I don't know if this already been discussed. But please, everytime i select "Extra Large Icons" and "Large Icons" on view option. Windows Explorer for some reason crash itself. Please, i really frustate now trying to fix this....
  7. Windows Explorer crash when select "Extra Large Icons" and "Large Icons"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crash when select "Extra Large Icons" and "Large Icons": I don't know if this already been discussed. But please, everytime i select "Extra Large Icons" and "Large Icons" on view option. Windows Explorer for some reason crash itself. Please, i really frustate now trying to fix this....
  8. Extra large icons displaying the same size as large icons in Windows 10 File Explorer- when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extra large icons displaying the same size as large icons in Windows 10 File Explorer- when...: Hello! I've been reading through many threads, dating back to 2017, which report this problem. With two new computers different brands, I can't get Extra Large thumbnails to display properly in File Explorer in Windows 10 - they are the same size as Large thumbnails, spread...
  9. Photo Icons won't display in Extra Large Size

Photo Icons won't display in Extra Large Size: I'm running Windows 10 Pro with all updates installed. In File Explorer my icons for photos won't expand to the Extra Large Size. The Large Size works, but clicking the Extra Large Size, it only expands the white-space between them without actually expanding the size of...
  10. Why are all the posts about needing much bigger "Extra Large Icons" locked?

Why are all the posts about needing much bigger "Extra Large Icons" locked?: Even ones recent enough they shouldn't be and none with a solution to making the "Extra Large Icons" actually make icons extra large. The picture can sometimes take-up less than 1% of the File Explorer window on my 4k laptop. Is Windows really about to break? I have to...