Windows 10: Why enable file and printer sharing?

Discus and support Why enable file and printer sharing? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why enable file and printer sharing ?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jss607, Aug 13, 2018.

1. jss607 Win User

Why enable file and printer sharing?

Why enable file and printer sharing ?

:)

jss607, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Karen Her Win User

turning on file and printer sharing windows 10

Thank you for the update. What we can suggest now is to turn on File and Printer sharing in Command Prompt. Here are the steps to do it:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type CMD in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit from the command prompt, and check if it will work.

If issue persists, try turning it on using Powershell, and check if it works. Here are the steps:

• Leave File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks turned
      on.
    • Type Powershell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select
      Run as Administrator
    • Type netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=Yes, and hit
      Enter.
    • Close PowerShell.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Unable to enable File and Printer sharing. (Keeps going back to "Turned off")

Hello Jochem,

Usually, if your computer unable to turn on the file and printing sharing, the issue may arise due to your privacy settings requiring a modification. For better assistance, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Can you send a screenshot of the error message that you're getting when trying to enable file and printer sharing? You may use Snipping Tool for sending a screen capture. To do so, click
      here.
    • When did you successfully enable file and printer sharing?
    • Can you give the troubleshooting steps that you have tried?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Aug 13, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

5. ethan121 New Member
    Click the Start button, write Control Panel, and click Enter. ...Double-click the Network and Sharing Center icon and then click Change Advanced Sharing Settings. press the down arrow next to the network you want to enable file and printer sharing for.
    If anyone use printer and any issue related to printer go on this Printer in Error State

ethan121, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Why enable file and printer sharing? - Similar Threads - Why enable file

2. Unable to enable file and printer sharing in year 2021 ...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to enable file and printer sharing in year 2021 ...: Hi there,I don't know why I can't enable file and printer sharing... pretty annoying. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-file-and-printer-sharing-in-year/99d40c2d-aa2b-4f46-b21e-786398b8284f
  3. File and printer sharing not turning on!

File and printer sharing not turning on!: Hi, I run a NAS on my home network, on my old version of Windows 10 it was visible and accessible. I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit. Windows install the latest version 1909 and now I cannot turn on file and printer sharing over a...
  4. File and Printer Sharing

File and Printer Sharing: I've just down a clean install of the latest version of windows 10 v1909, I cannot turn on File and Printer sharing on a private network. I use a NAS and I cannot see it in my network. Any thoughts would be appreciated....
  5. Connecting to VPN File Shares and Printer Shares not Acceptable

Connecting to VPN File Shares and Printer Shares not Acceptable: We have a 3rd party APP that requires a VPN connection to the software vendors Azure VPN with Windows built-in VPN. Once connected I can still ping the domain and domain controllers by name but I'm unable to update the GPO or access printers or file shares. I have checked the...
  6. how to share printers as sharing files OneDrive

how to share printers as sharing files OneDrive: how to share printers as sharing files OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-printers-as-sharing-files-onedrive/9c63e524-9b20-416e-a350-fdbe2c8567a4"
  7. Can access Shared Files but not Shared Printers

Can access Shared Files but not Shared Printers: I have a small office network with 4 work stations. One of them (we'll call it #2) has 2 printers connected to it that are used by the other Work stations. I can access shared Files and Folders on #2 from #1 just like normal. But the Printers have all the sudden become...
  8. File and printer sharing turned on

File and printer sharing turned on: Hi, two days ago i got a new router from my provider because with my old one the connection just kept identifying, after a restart w10 identified it as network 2, when booting up before that it was still network, but even after the reboot it didn't ask me what network profile...
  9. Lesson on File and Printer Sharing

Lesson on File and Printer Sharing: I need a lesson on file and printer sharing. I have 2 laptops connected to a Netgear 60 router; one via wifi and one via an ethernet cable. I forgot the passwords from when I created the network several years ago. Now, both computers see each other but I can't gain access...
  10. Enabling/disabling file sharing with registry file

Enabling/disabling file sharing with registry file: A friend has a file sharing on with their box so they can play their media files on their WDTV. It's worked fine for years with 7 and 10 but in the last half year it seems to be turning off randomly although still on when i go to Advanced Sharing Settings. Is there a way to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why Windows File and Printer Sharing