Windows 10: why every time windows update my printer change from defualt to note or bad driver and stop...

Discus and support why every time windows update my printer change from defualt to note or bad driver and stop... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; why every time windows update my printer change from defualt to note or bad driver and stop printing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joe_sa, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Joe_sa Win User

why every time windows update my printer change from defualt to note or bad driver and stop...

why every time windows update my printer change from defualt to note or bad driver and stop printing

:)

Joe_sa, Feb 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 21, 2019
  3. printer problem

Printer driver issue. Possibly caused by, but not limited to:

• Corrupted drivers
    • Driver missing an update
    • Incompatible drivers

Is this the first time you are going to use that printer?

Suggestion:

• Uninstall the drivers from your computer completely.
    • Download the latest drivers of your printer from the manufacturer website.
    • Install the latest drivers.
    NOTE: Make sure that the printer drivers will support Windows 10.

Master_Thovy, Feb 21, 2019
  4. why every time windows update my printer change from defualt to note or bad driver and stop...

Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

why every time windows update my printer change from defualt to note or bad driver and stop...

1. why every time windows update my printer change from defualt to note or bad driver and stop... - Similar Threads - why every update

2. Stop windows updating printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop windows updating printer driver: I have an HP Envy 6200 Photo printer. I cannot print via the USB port following a recent Windows 10 Home update. Digging deep showed that the current driver was of type 4. Using the search for an alternative driver with Windows update threw up the 2006 type 3 driver. I...
  3. Stop windows updating printer driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop windows updating printer driver: I have an HP Envy 6200 Photo printer. I cannot print via the USB port following a recent Windows 10 Home update. Digging deep showed that the current driver was of type 4. Using the search for an alternative driver with Windows update threw up the 2006 type 3 driver. I...
  4. Stop windows updating printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I’m trying to change my printer preference from my laptop, every time I change it to draft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m trying to change my printer preference from my laptop, every time I change it to draft...: If I change the printer settings back to Best n color it goes away. I can print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-change-my-printer-preference-from-my/c64d1a55-322f-4ce5-96cd-54af7ad4f581
  6. I’m trying to change my printer preference from my laptop, every time I change it to draft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m trying to change my printer preference from my laptop, every time I change it to draft...: If I change the printer settings back to Best n color it goes away. I can print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-change-my-printer-preference-from-my/c64d1a55-322f-4ce5-96cd-54af7ad4f581
  7. How to stop windows update from changing my drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows update from changing my drivers?: Hi, I have a Asus UX433FN and the generic audio driver from windows update is bad and I don't want it. I blocked the automatic driver download both in the settings and in the registry to stop windows update from screwing my driver. I found a realtek audio driver online...
  8. change defualt

in Windows 10 Customization
    change defualt: I can't figure out how to change my default back to firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-defualt/254017a2-9d78-4a02-a473-b77cbe475c9f
  9. windows update stops my wifi from working EVERY time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update stops my wifi from working EVERY time: Every time i update windows after the update i am unable to connect to any wifi networks on 2.4 or 5GHZ frequencies. my machine must be able to use the wifi card as it can detect nearby routers. I've tried various drivers and none of them seem to work, the only fix seems to...
  10. Stop Windows from changing my drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop Windows from changing my drivers: Good day all, Yesterday and today, I am having a issue with Windows changing my display driver. I installed it from HP and then AMD had an update, so I downloaded it. All went well until Windows decided they did not like it and changed it back. So, I did it again and again,...