Windows 10: Why everytime i reinstall windows do i have to delete my admin account and recreate it with...

Discus and support Why everytime i reinstall windows do i have to delete my admin account and recreate it with... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I discovered i was potentially not the real administrator of my pc's. I had to delete my admin account and recreate an account with the same... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Arnaud4440, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Why everytime i reinstall windows do i have to delete my admin account and recreate it with...

Hello,

I discovered i was potentially not the real administrator of my pc's.

I had to delete my admin account and recreate an account with the same name to be administrator of the system. the user folder contains now the name of the account and .DESKTOP-ABCDEFG for example. So, for example, my user folder is now Arnaud.DESKTOP-ABCDEFG

Is it a virus or Something more serious? What can i do to get rid of this virus?

Can someone help me on this matter?

with kind regards,

Arnaud

:)

Arnaud4440, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 25, 2019
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Apr 25, 2019
  4. lynnmay10 Win User

Why everytime i reinstall windows do i have to delete my admin account and recreate it with...

Go Back Windows 7 - error - must delete admin account

HI

Again I appreciate your effort to assist - but sadly again this does not solve my situation

I have time left on my 30 days - the return to windows 7 option is working but stops at the point of getting ready telling me I have to delete the Admin account (I apparently created this as a part of the upgrade process)

None of the instructions given allow me to - I have deleted the account in the family & other users section

There is no option to delete the admin account (that I can see)

I was given these as alternative suggestions - but they don't work either

Method 2

Please go to the registry editor and do the following steps:

• Click +, to open run command. Type "regedit" and click enter.
    • Create a back of the registry. Click on Hkey and go to the File Tab, press Export and save it to your desired your location.
    • Go to the provided path HKey_LocalMachine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.
    • In the profile list you will find a few SID's please find the one related to the deleted user account and delete it.
    To know which sid is related to the User Account you wish to delete just go to a particular S-1-5series and on the right side look for ProfileImagePath, you will notice c:/users/User_Account_Name.

- when I highlight the account the delete button is greyed out

Method 3:

If you have enabled Built in admin account, please follow the steps below to disable Built in admin.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • From the jump menu select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active:no and hit enter.

lynnmay10, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

Why everytime i reinstall windows do i have to delete my admin account and recreate it with...

1. Why everytime i reinstall windows do i have to delete my admin account and recreate it with... - Similar Threads - Why everytime reinstall

2. Why do i have to reinstall my wifi driver everytime my computer is turned on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i have to reinstall my wifi driver everytime my computer is turned on?: its been like this for a really long time now and im getting fed up! so ill explain what i have to do for how i have been fixing it temporarily. once in a while like 3 times a week i turn on my pc and the wifi doesnt work, so i click on the wifi button on the bottom right of...
  3. Why do i have to reinstall my wifi driver everytime my computer is turned on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do i have to reinstall my wifi driver everytime my computer is turned on?: its been like this for a really long time now and im getting fed up! so ill explain what i have to do for how i have been fixing it temporarily. once in a while like 3 times a week i turn on my pc and the wifi doesnt work, so i click on the wifi button on the bottom right of...
  4. My account was deleted by a hacker and I lost my microsoft account. I then recreated my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account was deleted by a hacker and I lost my microsoft account. I then recreated my...: I have several things that were connected to my original Microsoft account. The main thing I am concerned about is the minecraft account I bought and migrated to my microsoft account. The issue is the microsoft account that it was connected to has been hacked and deleted. The...
  5. My account was deleted by a hacker and I lost my microsoft account. I then recreated my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account was deleted by a hacker and I lost my microsoft account. I then recreated my...: I have several things that were connected to my original Microsoft account. The main thing I am concerned about is the minecraft account I bought and migrated to my microsoft account. The issue is the microsoft account that it was connected to has been hacked and deleted. The...
  6. My account was deleted by a hacker and I lost my microsoft account. I then recreated my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do i delete admin account frome standart account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i delete admin account frome standart account: Hi, I have windows 7 and my administration account is saying that it failed to logon and i tried a lot of ways and that didn't help and from some reason i don't have only one sid and he isn't finished with . Bak so nothing workedAnd when i try to manage another account it ask...
  8. I have deleted the only admin account - help!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have deleted the only admin account - help!: Hi. I just bought a second hand PC running windows 10. Stupidly, I have deleted the only admin account and now I can't make any changes to anything. Can anyone tell me how to create an admin account where one doesn't already exist?...
  9. Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account: I have a Windows 10 laptop. I had not used my laptop for a month and they screen read password had expired. Since I had forgotten the password so I was not able to set a new password. I did the whole password reset process- System image recovery - utilman account...
  10. I deleted my Admin account on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I deleted my Admin account on windows 10.: I tried it all, I deleted my admin account in windows 10. I tried everything I found and nothing works. I can't do a fresh install, need Admin account!! HELP!...