Windows 10: why explorer is so slow?

Discus and support why explorer is so slow? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, please do u have any idea why the "explorer" search tool is slow. I tried every tutorial available on youtube and google but still the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsmemhassni, Apr 27, 2020.

1. why explorer is so slow?

Hello, please do u have any idea why the "explorer" search tool is slow. I tried every tutorial available on youtube and google but still the same problem on it.

The folder has 33Gb of videos and whenever I type to search for a certain video it takes more than 5 minutes to show, while I can search online for it, and download it easily in less than 1 minute.

submitted by /u/itsmemhassni
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itsmemhassni, Apr 27, 2020
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 file explorer very slow (working on it...) issue

This seemed to help. Time will tell. It certainly is more helpful and practical than the suggestion to end toe Explorer task and start a new one.

SamMcSpadden, Apr 27, 2020
  4. andrekish Win User

why explorer is so slow?

Extremely slow Windows Explorer. Please help.

Hello - there's solution posted here - but cannot say if it works totally yet though but it has helped me just now. Hope it helps you too. Save any work open first, before you do this.

Taken from site at this board - Solved File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files - Windows 10 Forums

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

-- Your system will need a restart when it reconfigures itself so save any work first. I tried this myself and it ran slow first time while it indexed slow directories - then after I closed file explorer and reloaded it it ran fast on slow directories. I hope it helps you. Best of luck and best wishes.

andrekish, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

why explorer is so slow?

1. why explorer is so slow? - Similar Threads - why explorer slow

2. Why is file explorer so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is file explorer so slow?: Regardless of what i search for, explorer takes a century, I searched for 'certificate' and get a looooooooooooooong list of irrelevant results. "Certificate" may appear in the 2,019,923,447th level of the file's properties. The green indicator rushes through the scroll arrow...
  3. Why is file explorer so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is file explorer so slow?: Regardless of what i search for, explorer takes a century, I searched for 'certificate' and get a looooooooooooooong list of irrelevant results. "Certificate" may appear in the 2,019,923,447th level of the file's properties. The green indicator rushes through the scroll arrow...
  4. Why is file explorer so slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is file explorer so slow: This isn't your ordinary dumb person not nowing how storage and windows works, I'm just wondering, recently I've been having hdd problems and am going to replace soon, but today, it just won't detect at all. I left my pc on overnight to 'fix' my E drive but it only went up to...
  5. Why is file explorer so slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is file explorer so slow: This isn't your ordinary dumb person not nowing how storage and windows works, I'm just wondering, recently I've been having hdd problems and am going to replace soon, but today, it just won't detect at all. I left my pc on overnight to 'fix' my E drive but it only went up to...
  6. Why is file explorer so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  8. why is it so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is it so slow: COPY SPEED IS 355KB/S, AND IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN 1 FREAKING DAY TO COPY I'm using an microSD to SD adapter, really cheap also it takesSO FREAKING LONG to cancel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-so-slow/292018ca-218f-4cd6-8fbf-e369a890819c
  9. Why is my files explorer so slow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my files explorer so slow?: Why is my files explorer so slow? Sometimes when I try to delete a file a green bar up top shows up and it would just stay there for a long time. Sometimes, it would say that the program is not responding and the software would turn to a white tint. Other times, I can't even...
  10. why so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why so slow?: i have a brand new computer with windows 10 installed and it took over 12 hours to download a 100MB file, plus it cannot stream. Its like I'm on a dial up connection, except at adsl2 prices. Its incredibly frustrating and clearly the reason why apple always comes out on top....