Windows 10: Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on Microsoft Office?

Discus and support Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on Microsoft Office? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on any file of[ATTACH]Microsoft Office?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VanthonChan, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on Microsoft Office?

Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on any file of Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on Microsoft Office? 4474f7b0-102a-4cb7-a892-9d0ac23f650c?upload=true.png Microsoft Office?

:)

VanthonChan, Dec 30, 2018

2. File explorer not responding

Hi Microsoft users,

I have the same problem that many users of Windows 10 faced: File explorer not responding.

Mine stop responding whenever I select any of the Office files (Powerpoint, Excel, Word) but not other file types (pdf, jpg etc).

Anyone have encountered similar problem and know the fix to solve this issue. Interim period, I will open the file through the office applications. Really inconvenient.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

CT

Chee Tian Ong, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    File explorer not responding

Hello CT,

This can be an issue related to your Office applications. Have you tried re-installing these applications and see if the issue persists? Refer to this support article on how to

download and install or reinstall Office 365 or Office 2016 on a PC or Mac

This can also be an issue with your default program association for your files. I advise that you reset it to recommended defaults to fix the issue. Kindly follow these steps:

1. On the Start menu, select Settings.
    2. Select Apps > Default apps.
    3. Under the Reset to the Microsoft recommended detaults option, click the
      Reset button.

Check if the issue still persists, if so, kindly boot your system in clean boot state. This could be related to a program or utility running automatically in the background that is causing the issue. You may refer to
    this support article for the steps on how to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Ferdz Amp, Dec 30, 2018
  4. mixa Win User

Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on Microsoft Office?

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on Microsoft Office? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on Microsoft Office?

1. Why File Explorer not responding when I selected on Microsoft Office? - Similar Threads - Why File Explorer

2. File Explorer freezes when i select files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer freezes when i select files: When i try to open a file and i click on it the spinning wheel appears and file explorer freezes, but it only works with apps if they are in a folder. If i try pinned apps, the ones on the desktop or if i search for them they work fine. This doesn't happens to folder. Can...
  3. File explorer crashes when i select a file

File explorer crashes when i select a file: Hello dear Microsoft Community, My file explorer crashes when i select a file, right click/left click to it. Folder left click works perfectly but the file clicking isn't working and it crashes my file explorer. I can't literally open anything in my computer and it's too...
  4. Files explorer not responding when i interact with files

Files explorer not responding when i interact with files: I was downloading files for work as usual, went to extract the zip file but the second i clicked on it the entire files explorer just stops responding and hits me with the blue circle. It takes far too long and i end the task with task manager. After that my whole desktop...
  5. File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file

File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file: I am unable to open any Office files from File Explorer. I can open them if I am within the applications itself, but not directly from the explorer. I am able to open non-Office related files such as Adobe PDFs, etc.. When I do try to open an office file it will show "not...
  6. File Explorer Not Responding with MS Office Files

File Explorer Not Responding with MS Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer Windows 10, version 20H2, OS build 19042.630, it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word, Excel or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just...
  7. Windows 10 - File Explorer "not responding" when clicking on any Microsoft Office app...

Windows 10 - File Explorer "not responding" when clicking on any Microsoft Office app...: When in File Explorer if i attempt to click on any file of the Microsoft family (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, etc.) the window freezes and then states "not responding". I have tried all the hints and tips but nothing works to free this from happening... even did a reboot...
  8. File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files

File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer (Windows 10), it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just click on the file to drag it into another...
  9. file explorer is not responding why?

file explorer is not responding why?: my windows 10 file explorer is not responding especially when I right click why is this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-is-not-responding-why/4cd2ed82-288c-47a4-a95e-1e60dc2a6793"
  10. File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files

File Explorer Not Responding with Office Files: Every time I open File Explorer (Windows 10), it works perfectly fine until I click on a Word or Powerpoint document. The window freezes and is "Not Responding". This happens when I double-click to open the file, and even when I just click on the file to drag it into another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office 365 windows explorer not responding

2. why is file manager not responding new surface pro

3. file explorer not responding with microsoft office

4. ms file explorer not responding,
  5. file explorer not responding office applications,
  6. why is microsoft file explorere not responding