Windows 10: Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ?

Discus and support Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am simply trying to open one of my Microsoft Word documents within the "Documents" folder, but whenever I just select the file, instantly, the "File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KalpadiptyaRoy, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ?

I am simply trying to open one of my Microsoft Word documents within the "Documents" folder, but whenever I just select the file, instantly, the "File Explorer" stops responding.

This doesn't happen only for word files, but this problem takes place for excel files too.

To better understand this issue I'm attaching a screenshot of this particular problem.

Please help me to get a solution of this issue and fix it permanently.

Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ? af19453d-7bfa-4f14-a859-7f47df3cb49c?upload=true.jpg

:)

KalpadiptyaRoy, Mar 25, 2021
  2. JackLocke Win User

File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

When I open File Explorer I can see all my folders and documents. If, for example, I open a folder in One Drive and choose a word or excel file, it will not open. I get the message that the file folder is not responding. I am able to access the files
    by using Excel or Word. I am using Windows 10, 64 bit and Office 365.

JackLocke, Mar 25, 2021
  3. JackLocke Win User
    File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

Thank you, I followed your advise and did the Unlink and signed back in. It
    did not fix the problem. If I access One Drive through File Explorer, and click on a word or excel document I get the message that the folder is not responding. It does let me access pictures and PDF files okay.

JackLocke, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ?

excel file causes instability in "windows explorer"

When I open an excel file by double clicking on the name in windows explorer, the file opens OK but at the same

time, the explorer file list jumps up and down as it lists and de-lists the

excel temp file. It is very distracting. I can close the explorer window or

simply change to another folder. It occurs only on one of my computers and only on some excel files

It happens only with excel files and not with word or acrobat

Any suggestions where to look for the problem. We've reinstalled Office 10 and reset my windows profile. nothing helped so far.

Joel Trussell, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ?

1. Why File Explorer stops responding whenever I click on a word or excel file ? - Similar Threads - Why File Explorer

2. File Explorer/Onedrive - Word and Excel Files not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer/Onedrive - Word and Excel Files not responding: I had been having trouble opening OneDrive Word and Excel files from File Explorer. A search led to this post: File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding - Microsoft Community. My solution was to repair Office, as advised by the A. User post -...
  3. File explorer - stops responding

File explorer - stops responding: Hello everybody, I need your assistance please . When i launch file explorer on my Windows 10 machine, it stops responding freezes . I have tried the below troubleshooting steps without any joy. Killed the program in the task manager, tried to relaunch again Control...
  4. File Explorer lags and stops responding whenever I select files or move to a different folder

File Explorer lags and stops responding whenever I select files or move to a different folder: I've started noticing File Explorer stop responding whenever I do the simplest of things such as right click a file or go to a different folder, usually forcing me to force quit it. Restarting my computer fixes it at first but after a few minutes this problem happens again. I...
  5. File explorer not responding with word docment

File explorer not responding with word docment: When I go to delete a word file in file explorer it freezes and says not responding however i can delete other files what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-responding-with-word-docment/a4cac504-0bbe-4ce6-b642-1c0d7a85fb5b
  6. File Explorer stops responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer stops responding: The issue occurs when I am trying to access File Explorer using any 3rd party software. It might be Zoom, Viber or even Chrome. I have to reboot the system to start it working again...
  7. Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files: I was going through my files doing some organization yesterday and it was going fine, but every time I even clicked on a couple specific files, explorer would freeze completely. So far they're only word files and it's the same ones every time, but it's not happening with all...
  8. File Explorer Not Responding After Clicking on A File

File Explorer Not Responding After Clicking on A File: Hello, I am facing a weird problem, where everything was fine and then every time I click a file in my File Explorer, it stops working and turns into "Not Responding". Opening folders work well. It happens only when I click on a file and try to delete it or move it. I am...
  9. File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding

File Explorer - Word and Excel Files not responding: When I open File Explorer I can see all my folders and documents. If, for example, I open a folder in One Drive and choose a word or excel file, it will not open. I get the message that the file folder is not responding. I am able to access the files by using Excel or...
  10. file explorer is not responding why?

file explorer is not responding why?: my windows 10 file explorer is not responding especially when I right click why is this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-is-not-responding-why/4cd2ed82-288c-47a4-a95e-1e60dc2a6793"