Windows 10: Why Folder Thumbnails NOT Update When I Saved New Pictures ?

Discus and support Why Folder Thumbnails NOT Update When I Saved New Pictures ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; it Always Still Old Thumbnails When I Saved New Images. How to Refresh That ? 71146 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gunzorla, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Gunzorla Win User

Why Folder Thumbnails NOT Update When I Saved New Pictures ?

it Always Still Old Thumbnails When I Saved New Images. How to Refresh That ?

:)

Gunzorla, Nov 29, 2016

2. Pictures in library

I used PS Elements 13 to process my pictures. I don't know why but when I save them and view them the unprocessed ones are also included. Why is that? Is it something to do with Windows 10? It did not happen in Win 7. How do I prevent the originals
    from being saved in my folder containing my new picture files. Also, how do I get my thumbnails to show what the file contains rather than the generic symbol? Thanks

James Bridger, Nov 29, 2016
  3. nikonuser Win User
    windows 10 picture files

I have just purchased a new laptop with windows 10, I have uploaded some pictures (saved) from my editing software and all I can see in the pictures folder is a blank thumbnail with the file number, I cannot see a thumbnail preview of the image, I can alter
    the size of the blank thumbnail but no image preview.....I am saving in jpeg format jpeg2?

I am doing photo editing and need to see thumbnails :-(

nikonuser, Nov 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I understand the question as
    Why doesn't the folder icon change when I save new images to that folder? How do I get that to refresh?

What I note is that the folder icon does refresh automatically if there's a significant change to the folder content. For example, it changes if I put all the images in a folder into a folder within the first folder.

However, the shortcut to that folder isn't necessarily updated at the same time.

The difference can be seen by opening an explorer window to view the folder contents, and another to view the folder icon (e.g. medium). Significant changes to the folder content are quite quickly reflected in the folder icon.

For example, deleting 1 of three images makes no change, deleting 1 of two images makes a change in the icon.

If at the same time you keep a shortcut to the folder visible on the desktop, you will probably see no change in that, even if you rebuild the cache.

dalchina, Nov 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Why Folder Thumbnails NOT Update When I Saved New Pictures ? - Similar Threads - Why Folder Thumbnails

2. Can't SAVE in Pictures folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't SAVE in Pictures folder: Hi Microsoft : I'm tring to find the solution to the problem of not being able to SAVE downloaded images to PICTURES folder. I tried the CMD command, but it didn't work. I also tried unchecking READ ONLY box in PICTURES PROPERTIES box. Still didn't work. All other solutions...
  3. Saving to Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving to Pictures Folder: Totally weird All of a sudden I cannot save pictures from any of my photo apps to Pictures folder. Checked properties of folder and there appears to be Administrator rights for everyoneI get this message C:\Users\angus\Pictures\GARMIN\IMG_6868.jpg File not found Check the...
  4. Saving to Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving to Pictures Folder: Totally weird All of a sudden I cannot save pictures from any of my photo apps to Pictures folder. Checked properties of folder and there appears to be Administrator rights for everyoneI get this message C:\Users\angus\Pictures\GARMIN\IMG_6868.jpg File not found Check the...
  5. Saving to Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Thumbnails of an edited picture don't get updated after saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails of an edited picture don't get updated after saving: W10 , Home single language, Version 1909, OS build 18363.1082. ==================================================== This topic has been tackled some years ago , but did not have an answer , It suddenly happened to me between Windows updates. In any folder I'd have pictures...
  7. picture folder not showing thumbnails

picture folder not showing thumbnails: I transferred some photos from my phone to a flash drive using an otg adapter then I transferred them from flash drive to computer. I put them in my pictures folder on my hard drive. I have 2 hard drives. The ssd and hdd. I named my hdd E. So I made a pictures folder in that...
  8. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders: Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails. Foe some reason this has changed and all files are now displayed with the same "MS Photos" application icon. This makes it almost impossible to quickly...
  9. Saving pictures to a picture folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving pictures to a picture folder: I went into my pc and opened up the pictures folder. I created a new folder within the folder. I drag and dropped a picture into the folder. I tried to drag and drop a second picture into the folder and it said I couldn't because there was already a file of the same name....
  10. Save As To Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Save As To Pictures Folder: Thanks. I have “tweeted” it not to display Quick Access” in the left panel. Thanks though. Good point.