Windows 10: Why Google Chrome looks Blurry compared to Firefox ??

Discus and support Why Google Chrome looks Blurry compared to Firefox ?? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I really like chrome bcus its very fast. however the appearance is so blurry. meanwhile firefox is clear af. thats why i never chrome anymore.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by anticeon, Jan 26, 2017.

1. anticeon Win User

Why Google Chrome looks Blurry compared to Firefox ??

I really like chrome bcus its very fast. however the appearance is so blurry.
    meanwhile firefox is clear af. thats why i never chrome anymore.

Firefox:

Why Google Chrome looks Blurry compared to Firefox ?? [​IMG]

Chrome:

:)

anticeon, Jan 26, 2017
  2. Watade Win User

Why Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox Browser is not available for Windows Phone ?

Why Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox Browser is not available for Windows Phone ?

Watade, Jan 26, 2017
  3. Mixed resolution scaling results in blurry applications?

It's interesting that you say that Chrome is not scaling aware, as it looks fine on the 150% UHD monitor, but the 1password Chrome extension interface looks obviously blurry. I move it over to the HD monitor, and then Chrome looks blurry, but the 1Password
    extension looks fine. If Chrome were scaling unaware, I'd expect it to look blurry on the UHD display and fine on the HD display.

Belisarius2501, Jan 26, 2017
  4. Why Google Chrome looks Blurry compared to Firefox ??

TairikuOkami, Jan 27, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    The blurriness on both is the same, the Firefox one has a slightly thicker font which makes it look generally better and darker.
    The 1-2 pixel width of letters and the antialiasing/ClearType tuning applied also has quite an effect with that sort of thickness of Font.

The Chrome one in part maybe due to the modern trend of using gray instead of black. Difficult to tell with such thin fonts.

Helmut, Jan 28, 2017
  6. Since both use different rendering engines (along with other ways to display pages/text) you will have differences in the fonts. If you like a thicker font you can either choose a different font through Chrome's settings, or use an extension to increase the default fonts. I find this works really well. Font Rendering Enhancer - Chrome Web Store

Bobby Phoenix, Jan 30, 2017
  7. Two temporary fixes for users are given below:

1.Parameters

You need to start Chrome with the following parameters to resolve the display issue: /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1
    Here is how you do that:

• Find the Chrome icon that you click on. It may be on the Windows taskbar, a shortcut on the desktop, or in the start menu or on the start screen.
    • Right-click the icon and select properties from the context menu if the icon is on the desktop or start menu/screen.
    • If it is on the taskbar, right-click Google Chrome in the context menu that opens up and select properties here.
    • Append both parameters at the end of the Target field. Make sure there is a blank in between. The target field should end like this afterwards: chrome.exe" /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1
    • Click ok to make the change.
    When you restart Chrome afterwards, it will use the parameters and should display fine and without issues.

Fix 2: chrome://flags

You can disable DirectWrite on the chrome://flags page. This forces Chrome to return to the previous renderer.

Here is how you do that:

• Load chrome://flags/ in the browser's address bar.
    • Locate Disable DirectWrite on the page, for instance by hitting F3 to open the on-page search option.
    • Alternatively, load chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write directly.
    • Click on the disable link, this turns it off.
    • Restart Chrome.

robertosburn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why Google Chrome looks Blurry compared to Firefox ??

1. Why Google Chrome looks Blurry compared to Firefox ?? - Similar Threads - Why Google Chrome

2. Why does it look so dim/Blurry?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does it look so dim/Blurry?: I recently had an onn tv and it had this same problem when connected to my gaming pc and now I just bought this onn 27-inch gamin monitor and my system color is set to dark not light. I noticed when i scroll in the display settings or any settings, it dims or blurs the text...
  3. Why does it look so dim/Blurry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it look so dim/Blurry?: I recently had an onn tv and it had this same problem when connected to my gaming pc and now I just bought this onn 27-inch gamin monitor and my system color is set to dark not light. I noticed when i scroll in the display settings or any settings, it dims or blurs the text...
  4. Switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR

in Browsers and Email
    Switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR: I switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR because of Google moved from 6 weeks to 4 weeks release schedule except of I think enterprise customers. What do you think guys? Please go to: Google is speeding up Chromes release cycle to every four weeks 183242
  5. Google Chrome and Youtube Blurry and Fuzzy banner pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome and Youtube Blurry and Fuzzy banner pictures: I am seeing fuzzy and blurry banner pictures and photos on my google chrome installed application. How can I fix the scaling for the app? When I selected "Custom scaling" from my Advanced scaling settings, I was prompted to enter a custom scaling size between 100% and 500%....
  6. Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla: My son asks permission to use Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla. I login to my Microsoft account and give the permission. But it still doesn't work in his account. Help! My son need google Chrome to learn....
  7. Google Comparability with Microsoft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Google Comparability with Microsoft: I'm looking to buy a HP pavilion x360 with Windows 10. I am not sure if it is compatable with google apps such as, gmail, Google play, and Google Chrome? And if so where would I download them? The Microsoft store? My mom's computer has windows ten and I searched the Microsoft...
  8. Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome vs Firefox: I use to use Google Chrome but switched over to Firefox in the last year or two (since they re-vamped it) i didn't like the old Firefox but the new one is very nice...and i don't care much for Edge at all... After reading about Microsoft's plans to re-do Edge into a Chrome...
  9. Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?: Firefox says they're working on webextension support for their addons, potentially letting users install google chrome extensions on firefox for cross-compatibility or something, which is why I would really like to use the improvedtube chrome extension in firefox (its stupid...
  10. Why does google chrome use so much RAM compared to firefox? Discuss.

in Browsers and Email
    Why does google chrome use so much RAM compared to firefox? Discuss.: Why does google chrome use so much RAM compared to firefox? Discuss. 94780