Windows 10: Why has adding a third monitor removed the display setting, "show only on _"?

Discus and support Why has adding a third monitor removed the display setting, "show only on _"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Tried searching to see if this was asked before, could not find one. Windows 10. I added a third monitor to my setup recently, and it seems to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Macoda, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Macoda Win User

Why has adding a third monitor removed the display setting, "show only on _"?

Tried searching to see if this was asked before, could not find one.

Windows 10. I added a third monitor to my setup recently, and it seems to have removed the "show only on This display" option. Is this normal functionality? I used that option quite a bit. I can now only duplicate and extend the displays.

:)

Macoda, Mar 25, 2021

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Mar 25, 2021
  3. client32 Win User
    Restore display from "remove this display"

I had right clicked on the desktop and selected Display settings. My TV was list as a monitor there. I selected the monitor and clicked
    Remove this display.

The above steps has not resolved my issue.

client32, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Vivian_S Win User

External monitor display settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the display scaling on your external displays. We will certainly look into this for you.

As you are using Vizio TV, you may have to try using custom resolution settings if the in-built settings do not provide the required settings.

For better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows 10 that is currently installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you aware of any recent changes to the system, such as updates, after which you are facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned in the Workaround section in

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

I would also suggest you to check the Display drivers. Please refer

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Why has adding a third monitor removed the display setting, "show only on _"? - Similar Threads - Why has adding

2. adding third monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding third monitor: When I go to System > Display only two monitors are displayed, but the one on the left shows 2 and the one on the right shows 1/3. I want 3 independent monitors and it duplicates 1 monitor into two. The System > Display should show 3 separate monitors. Please advise....
  3. adding third monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding third monitor: When I go to System > Display only two monitors are displayed, but the one on the left shows 2 and the one on the right shows 1/3. I want 3 independent monitors and it duplicates 1 monitor into two. The System > Display should show 3 separate monitors. Please advise....
  4. When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...: This does not appear to be an uncommon problem, but I haven't found any helpful solutions yet so I'm hoping for the best here.I have a Windows 10 computer with two identical ViewSonic VP3268-4K monitors. They both work fine. I have an AMD Radeon PRO graphics card, which also...
  5. When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...

When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...: This does not appear to be an uncommon problem, but I haven't found any helpful solutions yet so I'm hoping for the best here.I have a Windows 10 computer with two identical ViewSonic VP3268-4K monitors. They both work fine. I have an AMD Radeon PRO graphics card, which also...
  6. When adding a third monitor: The display settings could not be saved. Please try a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Added third monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Added third monitor: I just add a third monitor to my setup. I cannot adjust the resolution on this one to match the other two. They are 1920 - 1080. Thus one will not adjust to more than 720x576 I saw previous threads on this subject but they were very old nothing I tried from those worked....
  8. Added third monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Added third monitor: I just add a third monitor to my setup. I cannot adjust the resolution on this one to match the other two. They are 1920 - 1080. Thus one will not adjust to more than 720x576 I saw previous threads on this subject but they were very old nothing I tried from those worked....
  9. Added third monitor

10. Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected: Hi there I was kindly given a monitor from a friend which is nice. Why have two when you have three right? I connected the third monitor fine using an iSolem HMDI splitter I bought from Amazon and it worked first time, however the display detects the displays as 1 2 2 and...