Windows 10: Why has by Search stopped working? troubleshooter is useless

Discus and support Why has by Search stopped working? troubleshooter is useless in Cortana to solve the problem; My Search box stopped accepting text and will not work. I tried to run the troubleshooter but only got "Problems found Windows search is not... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by EckertDaviator, May 2, 2023.

1. Why has by Search stopped working? troubleshooter is useless

My Search box stopped accepting text and will not work. I tried to run the troubleshooter but only got "Problems found Windows search is not working."Duh.I then clicked "Try these repairs as an administrator" and then I get:"An error occurred while troubleshooting: An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard cannot continue."This also happened on a previous laptop about a year ago and no one could figure it out.

:)

EckertDaviator, May 2, 2023

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 2, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Search Stops Working

I am also having difficulties with the "search the web and Windows" bar next to the windows start button, your solution here "
    I suggest you try rebuilding the index and check if issue is resolved. To rebuild all the index, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key, type Indexing and hit enter.
    • Click on Advanced button.
    • Click Rebuild under Troubleshooting section and click OK.
    • Try searching and see if issue is fixed." WILL NOT WORK as when I type in that search bar all I get is an empty white box.

KatNashRamblerkat, May 2, 2023
  4. Why has by Search stopped working? troubleshooter is useless

Windows Search won't start and Outlook Search won't work

Hi David,

We appreciate the detailed information regarding your concern as well as the exact error message. It will help us to provide you an accurate solution for this issue.
    "Error 15: The system cannot find the drive specified" can be cause by a third party application that stops Windows Search to function properly.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. This will identify the cause of the issue and repair it for you as well. Here's how:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar. Click Troubleshooting on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click View All at the left side of the page.
    • Look for Search and Indexing and click on it.
    • A new window will open, click on Next. Follow the instructions.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you. We'll be glad to help should you need further assistance.

Jennifer Bri, May 2, 2023
Thema:

Why has by Search stopped working? troubleshooter is useless

1. Why has by Search stopped working? troubleshooter is useless - Similar Threads - Why has Search

2. Why has my GPU stopped working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my GPU stopped working?: Hello. Recently I made an upgrade to my CPU. I upgraded from an Intel Core i3-9100F to an Intel Core i5-9600K. After removing the old CPU and installing the new one I cleaned up the rest of my PC with some air and replugged in all my cables and wires. After passing the boot...
  3. Why has my GPU stopped working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my GPU stopped working?: Hello. Recently I made an upgrade to my CPU. I upgraded from an Intel Core i3-9100F to an Intel Core i5-9600K. After removing the old CPU and installing the new one I cleaned up the rest of my PC with some air and replugged in all my cables and wires. After passing the boot...
  4. The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The search function on my laptop has stopped working.: The search function on my laptop has stopped working. I can't type anything into the bar so I have to use the Windows symbol and search through the menu. This happened after a recent Windows update and I don't know if that's coincidence or not. Any assistance would be...
  5. Why has by Search stopped working? troubleshooter is useless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has by Search stopped working? troubleshooter is useless: My Search box stopped accepting text and will not work. I tried to run the troubleshooter but only got "Problems found Windows search is not working."Duh.I then clicked "Try these repairs as an administrator" and then I get:"An error occurred while troubleshooting: An...
  6. Why has by Search stopped working? troubleshooter is useless

Why has by Search stopped working? troubleshooter is useless: My Search box stopped accepting text and will not work. I tried to run the troubleshooter but only got "Problems found Windows search is not working."Duh.I then clicked "Try these repairs as an administrator" and then I get:"An error occurred while troubleshooting: An...
  7. Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working

Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working: I keep getting the prompt that Microsoft Windows Search Protocol has stopped working, here are the details from the prompt:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: SearchProtocolHost.exe Application Version: 7.0.9600.19913 Application Timestamp:...
  8. My search bar has stopped working.

in Cortana
    My search bar has stopped working.: It's been 10 days since I did an update. My last quality update was: September 14, 2021—KB5005565 OS Builds 19041.1237, 19042.1237, and 19043.1237Two days ago, I noticed my system was running 100% HDDSo I came on here and followed the directions below in quotations it did...
  9. File Search useless

in Cortana
    File Search useless: Why is the search on the Windows explorer so useless? I have seen all kinds of nonsense about how to make it usefull, they do not work. There are free apps, that actually work, what do people at Microsoft do all day?? I tried Wizfile, it is FREE, it takes seconds to search...
  10. Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working.

in Cortana
    Windows Search and File Explorer Search has stopped working.: Hello, Microsoft forums! This problem started a few weeks ago where my Search in my taskbar stopped working, where when you click on it nothing happens. I later discovered that the folder search in File Explorer has also stopped working in the same vein as the taskbar one....