Windows 10: Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop

Discus and support Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Around the same time as updates were installed some strange things happened, perhaps the least problematic is the appearance of Chromium on my Desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Feb 16, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop

Around the same time as updates were installed some strange things happened, perhaps the least problematic is the appearance of Chromium on my Desktop. I can just delete the icon and / or uninstall the program but before I do I would be grateful for reassurance that this will not do any damage, in particular to new Edge and Chrome. Also, is there any advantage to my just keeping it?

The most damaging effect was the corruption of my Profile / Personal Folder causing the complete trashing of nearly all Desktop icons and Start tiles and deletion of some apps and programs and their data. A user on a MS Forum helped me to quickly reverse much (not all) of this, and mentioned that it had been happening a lot so I am passing on the warning.

:)

clayto, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Mary Sau Win User

i cannot un install chromium

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• Are you pertaining to Chromium browser or a malware?
    • What are the changes made to your computer before Chromium appeared?
    If you suspect that its a virus/malware, we suggest that you run a complete scan on your computer to remove it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Mary Sau, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop - Similar Threads - Why has Chromium

2. Why does the Replace or Skip Files suddenly appear on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does the Replace or Skip Files suddenly appear on my desktop?: Why does the Replace or Skip Files suddenly appear on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-replace-or-skip-files-suddenly-appear/f6c06edd-d275-44ea-9a58-ec763aec6b29
  3. Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop: Around the same time as updates were installed some strange things happened, perhaps the least problematic is the appearance of Chromium on my Desktop. I can just delete the icon and / or uninstall the program but before I do I would be grateful for reassurance that this will...
  4. Search Bar Leading to Chromium appeared at the top of my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar Leading to Chromium appeared at the top of my computer?: https://i.imgur.com/HLTcQ79.png Exactly what it says. It just appeared and I have no idea how to disable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-leading-to-chromium-appeared-at-the-top/f514891b-7f9b-4e6c-97b6-59ffbbe9cf63
  5. Windows 10 Updates Trash My Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Trash My Desktop: Windows 10 Updates often trash my Desktop Layout. Everything is still there but it is completely re-arranged. This is particularly annoying when I have allowed the desktop to accumulate too much crap but still have all the important, frequently used stuff in discrete, easy to...
  6. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....
  7. Trash not appearing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trash not appearing?: When I delete any image or file, it goes to the trash but the icon stays empty. If I right click, I can't empty the trash unless I open the file and delete it "manually". Why is my trash not working?...
  8. one of my desktop shortcuts has a green checkmark, why ?

in Windows 10 Support
    one of my desktop shortcuts has a green checkmark, why ?: As the title says. It happens to only one of many shortcuts I have on the desktop. Wonder why and how do I fix that? I have tried restart. That did not fix it. I have only Windows Defender. No other av program installed. [img] 112918
  9. Fonts shortcut has appeared on my desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts shortcut has appeared on my desktop...: ...and I dont know why. Recently I bought a Canon scanner and installed the software but I didnt notice this shortcut then. I have also deleted Skydrive as Windows quite recently created a Onedrive folder with a copy of all the contents of skydrive in it so I deleted that....
  10. Windows 10 upgrade has trashed my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade has trashed my laptop: After trying the Win 7 - Win 10 upgrade on my old Compaq knockabout laptop, and it going fine other than completely loosing the Internet Security suite (COMODO), I decided to upgrade my main laptop, an Acer Travelmate 5740. The upgrade itself went fine; however, on...