Windows 10: Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop

Discus and support Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Around the same time as updates were installed some strange things happened, perhaps the least problematic is the appearance of Chromium on my Desktop.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by clayto, Feb 21, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop

Around the same time as updates were installed some strange things happened, perhaps the least problematic is the appearance of Chromium on my Desktop. I can just delete the icon and / or uninstall the program but before I do I would be grateful for reassurance that this will not do any damage, in particular to new Edge and Chrome. Also, is there any advantage to my just keeping it?

The most damaging effect was the corruption of my Profile / Personal Folder causing the complete trashing of nearly all Desktop icons and Start tiles and deletion of some apps and programs and their data. A user on a MS Forum helped me to quickly reverse much (not all) of this, and mentioned that it had been happening a lot so I am passing on the warning.

:)

clayto, Feb 21, 2020
  2. clayto Win User

Around the same time as updates were installed some strange things happened, perhaps the least problematic is the appearance of Chromium on my Desktop. I can just delete the icon and / or uninstall the program but before I do I would be grateful for reassurance that this will not do any damage, in particular to new Edge and Chrome. Also, is there any advantage to my just keeping it?

The most damaging effect was the corruption of my Profile / Personal Folder causing the complete trashing of nearly all Desktop icons and Start tiles and deletion of some apps and programs and their data. A user on a MS Forum helped me to quickly reverse much (not all) of this, and mentioned that it had been happening a lot so I am passing on the warning.

clayto, Feb 21, 2020
  3. xsteveuk Win User
    xsteveuk, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop - Similar Threads - Why has Chromium

2. Why has my desktop cleared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my desktop cleared?: Hi all, I just opened my laptop to see that my desktop has been cleared of all icons and wallpaper has changed. Thankfully the files seem to all be in my onedrive in a synced 'Desktop' folder so I am currently moving everything out. Just confused as to why this happened,...
  3. Why has my desktop cleared?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my desktop cleared?: Hi all, I just opened my laptop to see that my desktop has been cleared of all icons and wallpaper has changed. Thankfully the files seem to all be in my onedrive in a synced 'Desktop' folder so I am currently moving everything out. Just confused as to why this happened,...
  4. A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 has appeared as a file, I am not sure how this got on my desktop display, is it malware?...
  5. A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop: [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 has appeared as a file, I am not sure how this got on my desktop display, is it malware?...
  6. A [.ShellClassInfo] file has appeared on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why is microsoft trash?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is microsoft trash?: First the xbox doesn't want to connect. TV, laptops, phones, google home, alexa and everything else works perfect, only xbox. Now my user profiles are missing on my desktop and about 40% of my files are gone after updating and wasting more money on 365. Thanks a lot microsoft...
  8. Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop: Around the same time as updates were installed some strange things happened, perhaps the least problematic is the appearance of Chromium on my Desktop. I can just delete the icon and / or uninstall the program but before I do I would be grateful for reassurance that this will...
  9. Trash not appearing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trash not appearing?: When I delete any image or file, it goes to the trash but the icon stays empty. If I right click, I can't empty the trash unless I open the file and delete it "manually". Why is my trash not working?...
  10. Fonts shortcut has appeared on my desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts shortcut has appeared on my desktop...: ...and I dont know why. Recently I bought a Canon scanner and installed the software but I didnt notice this shortcut then. I have also deleted Skydrive as Windows quite recently created a Onedrive folder with a copy of all the contents of skydrive in it so I deleted that....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why has chromium appeared on my pc