Windows 10: Why has Cortana's voice changed?

Discus and support Why has Cortana's voice changed? in Cortana to solve the problem; Today I wanted to talk to Cortana, but I saw that Cortana's voice has changed! I really liked Cortana's previous voice, but this one does not speak... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by iliaDelbar, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Why has Cortana's voice changed?

Today I wanted to talk to Cortana, but I saw that Cortana's voice has changed!

I really liked Cortana's previous voice, but this one does not speak to me at all

Sorry if there was a problem with my writing
    Ah, I am Iranian and I translate my words

I'm confused please help!

:)

iliaDelbar, Dec 18, 2020

2. Enable voice recognition in Cortana Windows 10

Hi Dolores,

To set up Cortana to respond to voice/speech, follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on the Search box to open Cortana.
    • Click on the Settings button.
    • Change the value to On under Hey Cortana.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    No Cortana voice on PC

Hi Robert,

When you say 'No Cortana voice on PC ' are you referring to that Cortana cant hear you?

If yes I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested.

Cortana can't hear me

Do let us know the status of Cortana functionality. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Why has Cortana's voice changed?

Cortana has no voice

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Setup Mic

Step 1: Set up Mic in Control Panel.

1. Type Set up Mic in Cortana's search bar.

2. Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: Verify Speech settings.

1. Go to Settings >
    Time and Language >
    Speech.

2. In the Microphone section, click Get Started, if no Microphone is detected.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the Audio drivers on your device and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Restart.
    If the issue persists, Please refer to suggestions provided in the thread link below:

My
    cortana has no voice

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Why has Cortana's voice changed?

1. Why has Cortana's voice changed? - Similar Threads - Why has Cortana's

2. Cortana Voice has changed to some random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Voice has changed to some random: Hi all,One of the reasons I really liked Cortana on Windows 10 was that she was voiced by the Cortana from the Halo Series.I tried using Cortana again after a year or so, and to my surprise, her voice is now some generic lady, not the Cortana as voiced by Jen Taylor.Why has...
  3. Cortana Voice has changed to some random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Voice has changed to some random: Hi all,One of the reasons I really liked Cortana on Windows 10 was that she was voiced by the Cortana from the Halo Series.I tried using Cortana again after a year or so, and to my surprise, her voice is now some generic lady, not the Cortana as voiced by Jen Taylor.Why has...
  4. Cortana Voice has changed to some random

in Cortana
  5. why does cortana not respond to my voice

in Cortana
    why does cortana not respond to my voice: cortana does not speaK to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-cortana-not-respond-to-my-voice/3567bcfc-062a-4deb-a2b9-097d7b8b06d3"
  6. Cortana's voice

in Cortana
    Cortana's voice: What do I need to do to access Cortana's voice on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortanas-voice/22a2bf5d-66d1-49a6-a0f1-9b9d0dff6e61"
  7. Cortana has no voice, fresh install.

Cortana has no voice, fresh install.: Just installed Windows 10 on my new SSD and everything is great except Cortana has no voice, she respond to "hey Cortana" and when she does I hear the "Whom" sound to indicate it's running. But when she's supposed to actually speak nothing happens. The Volume indicators...
  8. can i change the voice of cortana to a man?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can i change the voice of cortana to a man?: can i change the voice and gender of cortana? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/can-i-change-the-voice-of-cortana-to-a-man/a4086388-e72a-481d-9acc-ec1d4d7dea10
  9. Cortana's Voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana's Voice: So I asked Cortana if I could change her voice. She replied that her voice was the only available for my region. I wanted a mail voice, not her female voice. Even Apple's Siri lets you select alternate voices. Thoughts? But the way, Cortana seems to work pretty well....
  10. Is it possible to change Cortana's TTS voice?

Is it possible to change Cortana's TTS voice?: Is it possible to change Cortana's TTS voice to something from a different TTS voice provider such as, for example, IVONA? Alternatively would it be possible to morph the voice somehow, so it sounds different, kind of like those voice changer programs that people typically...