Windows 10: Why has Microsoft decided that old video games, some made by Microsoft should be allowed to...

Discus and support Why has Microsoft decided that old video games, some made by Microsoft should be allowed to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have several video that I enjoy very much, but microsoft has evidently decided that these older games should be played on windows 10. I suppose it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DalenMiller, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Why has Microsoft decided that old video games, some made by Microsoft should be allowed to...

I have several video that I enjoy very much, but microsoft has evidently decided that these older games should be played on windows 10. I suppose it is so that you guys can redo them in format WILL play in windows 10 and you can make even more money, (that is sarcasm). But it does not make sense to not allow these games to be played. Please revert back to where games are playable again.

:)

DalenMiller, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Flyordie Win User

Windows 7 RC1 available for download from MICROSOFT!!!!!!

Been running RC1 for 3 1/2 days now and kinda like it. Although I want a perm. OS and I only have a truely perm key for Vista HomePrem so back to Vista for now. Cya Win7 when you come out. (Microsoft, PLEASE offer a step up program for those who decided to take the Vista plunge. $74.99 for the upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Win7 Home Premium or w/e the SKU match it is. Just a suggestion. *Toast :toast: )

Flyordie, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Why has Microsoft decided that old video games, some made by Microsoft should be allowed to...

Cant play old microsoft games any more.....

HI again

Thx for you replay, its grate that Microsoft cares.

I have tried all u suggestions, you can read all about it on the internet, from several/many people having the same trouble with there older games.

About the list regarding compatible games! AOM is on the list, but do not work. of course i´m happy if yo can tell mi about an work around or an update to fix it, but its an problem with a lot of older games made by Microsoft.

Try AOM u self.

What to do ?

Regards Raagaard

Jan Jansen_571, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Why has Microsoft decided that old video games, some made by Microsoft should be allowed to...

1. Why has Microsoft decided that old video games, some made by Microsoft should be allowed to... - Similar Threads - Why has Microsoft

2. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...: I have a HP Elite X2 1012 G2 and it does have a fingerprint scanner as well as a front and rare facing camera but the Hello sign in option is not available for my device, i see an error message in the Windows Hello sign in option saying my device does not meet the minimum...
  3. Why is windows a problem made by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows a problem made by Microsoft?: Here's the evidence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-a-problem-made-by-microsoft/a3b7a0bf-81be-4c46-89eb-13c7bf8fd8da
  4. Why is windows a problem made by Microsoft?

Why is windows a problem made by Microsoft?: Here's the evidence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-a-problem-made-by-microsoft/a3b7a0bf-81be-4c46-89eb-13c7bf8fd8da
  5. Why won't my game allow Directx12? Is it possible that the game is old and can't allow the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my game allow Directx12? Is it possible that the game is old and can't allow the...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-game-allow-directx12-is-it-possible/c3bc6591-ea9f-4dbc-8c78-404122118012
  6. Why won't my game allow Directx12? Is it possible that the game is old and can't allow the...

Why won't my game allow Directx12? Is it possible that the game is old and can't allow the...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-game-allow-directx12-is-it-possible/c3bc6591-ea9f-4dbc-8c78-404122118012
  7. Why has microsoft decided to block the wifi of my printer in the update of november 2020?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why has microsoft decided to block the wifi of my printer in the update of november 2020?: After the latest update in november my wifi printer is only working if I shut down the firewall. I don't understand why this is done. I mean, there must be working very intelligent people there, so why this stupid mistake? I see all sort of complicated fixes, the normal fixes...
  8. Microsoft has made my life hell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft has made my life hell: I finally had Windows 7 figured out. I waited until the last minute to get Windows 10 because I knew adapting to it would be hard. That's an understatement. Some of my programs now have microscopic screens that I cannot see. That never happened with previous versions. It...
  9. video project made on microsoft photo app

video project made on microsoft photo app: How do I send a video project to my friend if it is too big for email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-project-made-on-microsoft-photo-app/aa005c26-d610-4a8c-a7f5-ff62021ba8b8
  10. Microsoft has made a significant change in the option that allows you to restart apps...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft has made a significant change in the option that allows you to restart apps...: [ATTACH] A month ago Microsoft separated the option that allows to "use the sign-in info to automatically finish setting up the device..." from the option that allows to restart some apps automatically after sign in (the apps that were open before sign out). Now, in build...