Windows 10: why has Microsoft deleted the patience games in the last Windows 10 update?

Discus and support why has Microsoft deleted the patience games in the last Windows 10 update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why has Microsoft deleted patience games in the last Windows 10 update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pamierainbow, Jan 3, 2021.

1. why has Microsoft deleted the patience games in the last Windows 10 update?

Why has Microsoft deleted patience games in the last Windows 10 update?

:)

pamierainbow, Jan 3, 2021
  2. desennium Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Microsoft released Windows 10, code named "Threshold 1," a little over two years ago. As of May of this year, there were approximately 500 million Windows 10 devices worldwide. Originally, Microsoft predicted that Windows 10 would be installed on 1 billion devices by mid-2018. When released, Windows 10 gained huge adoption from those running Windows 7 from the "free-upgrade program" which lasted one year.

Since then however, installations have slowly declined and in July of last year, Microsoft admitted that they would miss their projected goal of 1 billion devices. Since its release, Windows 10 has had three major update releases with "Threshold 2," in 2015, "Anniversary Update," in 2016, "Creators Update" in April of this year and today marks the release of Microsoft's fourth major feature update to its operating system, dubbed "Fall Creators Update," version 1709.

Today's update brings about many new features including:
    • OneDrive On demand (formerly known as OneDrive Placeholders introduced in WIndows 8.1) a way to keep track of your files stored on OneDrive from any of your devices without having to store them locally.
    • 'My People' Hub Integration makes it easier to stay in touch with people right from the taskbar
    • Story Remix gives you to the tools and the power to create content from your photos and videos to make memorable stories
    • Windows Mixed Reality brings a new generation of augmented reality where the real world meets the digital one.
    • Fluent Design System is Microsoft's new design that will take place over the next few years with each feature update. Microsoft intends to make all products and devices one user interface and it begins with the Fall Creators Update.

Furthermore, Microsoft has made changes and brings privacy enhancements with today's update. The Fall Creators Update gives users more control of what information is being collected. Users will be greeted with the Privacy Statement on the setup process to get an idea of what information that entails. Microsoft is also adding two game anti-cheating systems, called TruePlay and Game Monitor, to address the problem of cheating similarly to what VAC (Valve Anti-Cheating) does for Steam.

The Fall Creators Update is available today but will be rolled out in stages as usual. Newer devices most compatible with Windows 10 will receive the update first. The rollout will take several months before everyone is updated. However, if you don't see today's update you can use the Update Assistant Tool to manually update now, here.

Source: Microsoft

desennium, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Reefer86 Win User

why has Microsoft deleted the patience games in the last Windows 10 update?

Reefer86, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

why has Microsoft deleted the patience games in the last Windows 10 update?

1. why has Microsoft deleted the patience games in the last Windows 10 update? - Similar Threads - why has Microsoft

2. How I delete the last update for Window 10 software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I delete the last update for Window 10 software: After the last update for window 10 software, I can not log to my acount https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-delete-the-last-update-for-window-10/57643e68-5799-4baf-93fa-44b9a798556c
  3. Why has Windows Explorer been broken after last nights update

Why has Windows Explorer been broken after last nights update: Windows Explorer was broken following last nights update, it no longer launches from the task bar or appsThis makes the system practically useless - AGAIN...
  4. Why do microsoft keep deleting "games" on updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do microsoft keep deleting "games" on updates?: Microsoft - is it really too hard for you to just get that people prefer the original version of "games" rather than your latest version which comes with tracking?Why do you insist on deleting the files on updates - just get over it and stop wasting peoples time....
  5. Why do microsoft keep deleting "games" on updates?

Why do microsoft keep deleting "games" on updates?: Microsoft - is it really too hard for you to just get that people prefer the original version of "games" rather than your latest version which comes with tracking?Why do you insist on deleting the files on updates - just get over it and stop wasting peoples time....
  6. Windows 10 is testing my patience

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is testing my patience: Hello! Yesterday I was writing some essays and doing research when my touchpad and my left click stopped working. I didn't notice this at first because I also use a bluetooth mouse. I don't know how long it's been like this but it couldn't be for long. I tried uninstalling...
  7. Microsoft last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft last update: Why did Microsoft remove the windows 7 games I was able to install on windows 10?After the update they were not on my computer and I am unable to reinstall them.I do not like the card face on the windows 10 games not like a real card.I cannot download them back on windows 10....
  8. Games lagging after last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games lagging after last Windows 10 update: I used to play some games on my PC on low configuration and never faced any issue on the previous version of Windows 10. I could even play some games on full HD and good rendering, and my laptop never complained. After the last update, 1809, my games, including FIFA 15...
  9. Microsoft last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft last update: After the last update microsoft did on my windows 10 lap top this past thanksgiving it won't let me open google chrome I uninstall it but now microsoft won't let me reinstall it why?...
  10. The last Windows 10 update deleted my Windows password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The last Windows 10 update deleted my Windows password: ...so I went to log onto my Windows computer this afternoon and, much to my consternation, it tells me that I entered the wrong password. Of course I had written it down so, after having retried it 3 times, I got it out and sure enough I had it right. So I thought about...