Windows 10: Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the Windows 11 task bar to the top of the...

Discus and support Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the Windows 11 task bar to the top of the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since Windows 95 I have been like 100 s of thousands of users who loved the ability to move the Wnidows Taskbar to the top of the screen. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BuzzBMan, Nov 6, 2022.

1. BuzzBMan Win User

Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the Windows 11 task bar to the top of the...

Ever since Windows 95 I have been like 100 s of thousands of users who loved the ability to move the Wnidows Taskbar to the top of the screen. This has made the user interface so much more accomadating for thoes of us who understand that the human eye naturally looks at the top of the screen. This simple yet huge modification makes the user experience so much more efficient.Microsoft, please can you provide a logical reason as to why you have removed this modification? Sure have it at the bottom as the default, but why take something away from users something we have had the ability to do for

:)

BuzzBMan, Nov 6, 2022

2. Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem

Hi everyone, I have had a problem with my task bar in Windows 11 ever since I moved it to the top. I have two problems. First is the Wi-Fi logo, and the application in the taskbar won't pop out when I hover my mouse.

• If I click on the Wi-Fi button from the task bar, it pops out in the wrong format, like the upper portion of the box is cropped.

Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the Windows 11 task bar to the top of the... ee04b13a-4630-425b-a79c-d51e3b86d7ea?upload=true.png

• If I hover my mouse in the application that I opened in the taskbar, there is no preview of small boxes of window application.

Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the Windows 11 task bar to the top of the... 4372d8cf-1c33-46d2-bf7e-4acef99ac75e?upload=true.png

I have loved the top window ever since I was using Windows 10 and I want to apply it again in my Windows 11. All of your suggestions or solutions are greatly appreciated, thank you :>

VeejayDandasan, Nov 6, 2022
  3. Windows 11 task bar

Why would Microsoft take the ability to move the task bar from the bottom of the screen to either side or the top away and make you have to use the registry editor to do this action that was a two-step point and click in Windows 10. We are not all geeks and may finally finding the reason to move to an apple product.

TomClemons, Nov 6, 2022
  4. Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the Windows 11 task bar to the top of the...

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Nov 6, 2022
Thema:

Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the Windows 11 task bar to the top of the...

1. Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the Windows 11 task bar to the top of the... - Similar Threads - Why has Microsoft

2. How do I move my Task bar to the top in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move my Task bar to the top in Windows 11?: I am pretty tall and ergonomics wise for my neck and back, it is better for the Task Bar to be at the top for me and not the bottom. This is a work computer and 3rd party sites for downloads ARE NOT options at my company for security reasons....
  3. How do I move my Task bar to the top in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move my Task bar to the top in Windows 11?: I am pretty tall and ergonomics wise for my neck and back, it is better for the Task Bar to be at the top for me and not the bottom. This is a work computer and 3rd party sites for downloads ARE NOT options at my company for security reasons....
  4. Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11?: Users have had the ability to modify the taskbar to suit their individual preferences for decades. This no longer appears to be the case for Windows 11. Why has Microsoft taken the stance of degrading the user experience with this product....
  5. Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11?

Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11?: Users have had the ability to modify the taskbar to suit their individual preferences for decades. This no longer appears to be the case for Windows 11. Why has Microsoft taken the stance of degrading the user experience with this product....
  6. Why was the ability to revert back to Windows 10 taken away from those who updated to...

Why was the ability to revert back to Windows 10 taken away from those who updated to...: I am running a Lenovo Computer with the following: Intel Core i5-8400CPU @ 2.80GHz with 8 GM of ram. I was informed by Microsoft that Windows 11 was available and my system would run it. After installing Window 11 this computer has slowed down dramatically. I have found that...
  7. Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the Windows 11 task bar to the top of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the Windows 11 task bar to the top of the...: Ever since Windows 95 I have been like 100 s of thousands of users who loved the ability to move the Wnidows Taskbar to the top of the screen. This has made the user interface so much more accomadating for thoes of us who understand that the human eye naturally looks at the...
  8. Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem: Hi everyone, I have had a problem with my task bar in Windows 11 ever since I moved it to the top. I have two problems. First is the Wi-Fi logo, and the application in the taskbar won't pop out when I hover my mouse. If I click on the Wi-Fi button from the task bar, it pops...
  9. Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem

Windows 11 Top Task bar Problem: Hi everyone, I have had a problem with my task bar in Windows 11 ever since I moved it to the top. I have two problems. First is the Wi-Fi logo, and the application in the taskbar won't pop out when I hover my mouse. If I click on the Wi-Fi button from the task bar, it pops...
  10. Task bar on top ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar on top ?: I have used rigit to put task bar on top , it was working fine .and when system got updates 45 days ago the task bar again came to bottom . Now i tried again rigit but its not happening Can any one please healp me in this to put taskbar on top because i like to use take bar...