Windows 10: Why has MS done this?

Discus and support Why has MS done this? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why is MS now delivering me popup after popup. It is so frustrating.Why is MS Edge continually hijacking my browser?Why does Edge get infected with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Craig MacPherson, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Why has MS done this?

Why is MS now delivering me popup after popup. It is so frustrating.Why is MS Edge continually hijacking my browser?Why does Edge get infected with malware even though I rarely use it, have defender active and none of my other browsers get infected?Why did MS move everything around in Win11? Moving buttons and features doesn't constitute and upgrade?Why does Win11 require TPM and UFI? I don't need them.Why does Win11 require DHCP to get fired up, I don't use it?Why did MS create Win11, all the features seem to fit neatly in Win10? Why does Win11 consume 4 cores at 3.2 Ghz and GB of RAM? Se

:)

Craig MacPherson, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Mar 4, 2024
  3. MS-DOS Troubleshooter: Resolving Common Application Errors

The MS-DOS Troubleshooter is a comprehensive guide designed to help users diagnose and resolve common errors encountered while running MS-DOS applications. MS-DOS (Microsoft Disk Operating System) was a foundational operating system used before the graphical interfaces of modern Windows versions. Although it's no longer the primary OS, legacy MS-DOS applications are still used, and this guide aims to assist users in troubleshooting and resolving issues that may arise during their operation.

Table of Contents:

1. Understanding MS-DOS Applications:
      • Brief overview of MS-DOS applications and their significance.
      • Explanation of why certain errors may occur due to compatibility or environment factors.
    2. Common Error Messages:
      • Identification and explanation of frequently encountered error messages.
      • Possible causes behind each error message.
    3. Troubleshooting Steps:
      • A step-by-step approach to diagnose and resolve issues effectively.
    4. 1. Check Compatibility:
      • How to determine if an application is compatible with your current operating system.
      • Techniques for running legacy applications in compatibility mode.
    5. 2. Memory and System Resources:
      • Managing memory settings to ensure sufficient resources for the application.
      • Recommendations for adjusting memory allocation to prevent crashes.
    6. 3. Command Line Parameters:
      • Explanation of how to use command line parameters to customize application behavior.
      • Example command line options for specific applications.
    7. 4. Screen and Display Settings:
      • Adjusting screen resolution and other display settings for optimal application performance.
      • Handling issues related to screen flickering, text mode, and colors.
    8. 5. Keyboard and Mouse Configuration:
      • Techniques for resolving keyboard and mouse-related problems.
      • Configuring keyboard shortcuts and mouse behavior within the application.
    9. 6. File Associations and Handlers:
      • How to associate specific file types with MS-DOS applications.
      • Solving issues with opening files using the correct application.
    10. 7. Running Application as Administrator:
      • How to elevate privileges to run an application as an administrator.
      • Addressing permission-related errors and accessing system resources.
    11. 8. Backup and Restore:
      • The importance of backing up critical application data and settings.
      • Steps to restore a backup in case of data corruption or application failure.
    12. Additional Resources:
      • Links to online forums, communities, and resources for advanced troubleshooting.
      • Suggestions for seeking expert assistance when encountering complex issues.
    Conclusion: The MS-DOS Troubleshooter empowers users to tackle common errors encountered while running MS-DOS applications. By following the step-by-step instructions and best practices provided in this guide, users can efficiently diagnose and resolve issues, ensuring a smoother experience with legacy software. Whether it's tweaking settings, adjusting memory allocation, or using command line parameters, the troubleshooter equips users with the knowledge to overcome challenges and maximize the compatibility of MS-DOS applications on modern systems.

Try me out!

jayden Asar, Mar 4, 2024
  4. AndreTen Win User

Why has MS done this?

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Why has MS done this?

1. Why has MS done this? - Similar Threads - Why has done

2. Why has MS done this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has MS done this?: Why is MS now delivering me popup after popup. It is so frustrating.Why is MS Edge continually hijacking my browser?Why does Edge get infected with malware even though I rarely use it, have defender active and none of my other browsers get infected?Why did MS move everything...
  3. Ms store crashes without a trace after any action has been done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ms store crashes without a trace after any action has been done: Ms store crashes after i do any action like download games or signing out, my laptop is extremely new and haven't experienced this issue with the older one i hadthe issue is kind of simple but i couldnt find any fixes to the issue after 6 hours non-stop searchingit started of...
  4. Ms store crashes without a trace after any action has been done

Ms store crashes without a trace after any action has been done: Ms store crashes after i do any action like download games or signing out, my laptop is extremely new and haven't experienced this issue with the older one i hadthe issue is kind of simple but i couldnt find any fixes to the issue after 6 hours non-stop searchingit started of...
  5. What has Microsoft done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What has Microsoft done?: Most Windows users with PC's, Laptops,, Tablets and Windows phones more than 3 years old can not use Widows 11. Microsoft is forcing users to either buy a new device or use a different OS. Why, Why Why?...
  6. What has Microsoft done?

What has Microsoft done?: Most Windows users with PC's, Laptops,, Tablets and Windows phones more than 3 years old can not use Widows 11. Microsoft is forcing users to either buy a new device or use a different OS. Why, Why Why?...
  7. MS Edge Removal 20H2 (almost done)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MS Edge Removal 20H2 (almost done): Hello all. I am running the 20H2 update and have been attempting to remove Microsoft Edge for some time now. It has always been tricky, but possible. Now Microsoft tell me Edge is a system service and cannot be removed. Well, not quite true, if my delete key works I can still...
  8. What the hell has MS done to sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What the hell has MS done to sound: Many people who switch between say watching movies and youtube are getting issues. Which leads me to next question - how the hell can i stop updates? Thank you -...
  9. DVD doesn't appear in Win10, I've done everything MS suggests. MS created the problem, why...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD doesn't appear in Win10, I've done everything MS suggests. MS created the problem, why...: Three different dvd's, including a portable, don't work on any of the three different computers running Win 10. I've tried every solution MS suggests, none of which work. The drives don't appear in File Explorer. They do in Device Manager, uninstall/install doesn't help...
  10. Has anyone done this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anyone done this?: I am having to replace a clapped out HDD on a laptop which had an updated W10 installed.....this for a friend. Have advised her and she has agreed a new SSD will replace it, she is on holiday for another week so can do nothing now, In the meantime have been doing some...