Windows 10: why has my computer re booted and lost all my files

Discus and support why has my computer re booted and lost all my files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; why has my computer re booted and lost all my files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PerrioakPerrioak, Nov 30, 2020.

1. why has my computer re booted and lost all my files

why has my computer re booted and lost all my files

:)

PerrioakPerrioak, Nov 30, 2020
  2. GSG-9 Win User

Lost the Seagate...

The drive seems to be completely dead, my computer will not boot if I have it connected...to the windows cd or the new installation on the F1 drive (which is the boot drive now by the way)

Thanks for the above article, im booting into Vista: U 64 right now, I cant follow those steps if the drive is in, it will lock up before it gets that far or if its not a cold boot the drive does not appear on the list.

GSG-9, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    windows 10 force upgrade! stuck at welcome screen and lost all files after upgrade.

Hi,

Are you able to log into computer?

This issue might have occurred because of upgrade file corruption. Follow the steps below and check.

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation media and perform a Startup Repair on the device and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    This is an alternate way to boot the device and run recovery tools when something goes wrong with the Operating system.

Please follow the steps below to do Startup repair:

Steps:-

• Insert the installation USB drive
              and boot Windows 10 from it.

If you don't have one, you can Create an installation Media.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
              and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
              and select the operating system.

You may also refer the link below to find the lost files.

Find lost files after the update to Windows 10.

Find lost files after the upgrade to Windows 10

Do let us know if you are able to log into computer and get all the files and folders.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 30, 2020
  4. why has my computer re booted and lost all my files

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

why has my computer re booted and lost all my files

1. why has my computer re booted and lost all my files - Similar Threads - why has computer

2. why has my computer lost all audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why has my computer lost all audio?: why has my dell desktop lost audio from speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-my-computer-lost-all-audio/137006be-2d46-4b9d-930b-69ab40f2fe8d
  3. why has my computer lost all audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why has my computer lost all audio?: why has my dell desktop lost audio from speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-my-computer-lost-all-audio/137006be-2d46-4b9d-930b-69ab40f2fe8d
  4. OneDrive Lost My Computer Files

OneDrive Lost My Computer Files: Hello.I wanted to remove OneDrive from my Documents/Pictures. It's install path was /celes/OneDrive/Documents and /celes/OneDrive/pictures, respectively. I had already uninstalled OneDrive in 2021 but I had not unlinked my OneDrive from those folders. I wanted to revert to...
  5. Computer has lost all functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has lost all functionality: Hello,I have recently reset my computer after noticing some weird problems, such as the volume randomly going really quiet, even though the volume being on max, apps randomly being deleted and readded, and the keyboard layout being switched. But this isnt the actual...
  6. Computer has lost all functionality

Computer has lost all functionality: Hello,I have recently reset my computer after noticing some weird problems, such as the volume randomly going really quiet, even though the volume being on max, apps randomly being deleted and readded, and the keyboard layout being switched. But this isnt the actual...
  7. I Lost All of My Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Lost All of My Files: My computer was not loading the key pad to enter my pin and sign in. I was stuck on the rotation of scenic photos that it typically runs through in the background. This has been a regular occurrence for quite some time now. In every instance before this one of two things...
  8. Edge and lost all of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge and lost all of my files: I uploaded Edge and lost all of my desktop icons, pictures, and files. How do I restore them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-and-lost-all-of-my-files/0b682565-e2ab-48c5-a86d-f3ce07232049
  9. Accidentally Re-installed Windows 10 and Lost all my files

Accidentally Re-installed Windows 10 and Lost all my files: Hello, I need help. Am newly enrolled IT student, while working on my Lab Exercise, i installed windows from usb on my old all in one desktop which i should not have but now the PC become new and i can not find any of my files. Kindly assist...
  10. I lost all my files when my computer updated

I lost all my files when my computer updated: My computer forcefully updated with version KB4512508 (OS Build 18362.295) and when it restarted all my files, documents, pictures and videos were gone. I tried to retrieve them through the path : C:\Users\radda but found nothing. I ask if it is possible to retrieve my files...