Windows 10: Why has my computer's performance decreased so much?

Discus and support Why has my computer's performance decreased so much? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A long time ago, I used to be able to run many games very smoothly. Now I can barely run some of the games I used to be able to run. I have factory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CrimsonOwl, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Why has my computer's performance decreased so much?

A long time ago, I used to be able to run many games very smoothly. Now I can barely run some of the games I used to be able to run. I have factory reset my computer many times since it started decreasing in performance, so viruses aren't the problem (I'm assuming). The only real change I have made to my computer is getting windows 10, but I don't remember if thats when my performance decreased or not. The notable games where my fps has dropped are rust, borderlands 2, and a bit of counter strike global offensive. Is there any possible way I can fix my computer or should I just get a new one? (Just to throw this in, I have experienced a 100 fps drop in cs:go and borderlands 2 but a 50 fps drop in rust)
    Specs : AMD Phenom II 1065T Six Core Processor
    8 gb ram
    Radeon HD 6850 with 1 gb dedicated graphics memory

:)

CrimsonOwl, Nov 29, 2015

2. NOKIA N8 00

I UPDATED MY NOKIA N8 WITH NEW ANNA UPDATE BUT THE PERFORMANCE HAS DECREASED...THE SPPED HAS DECREASED. I SUGGEST NOKIA TO GIVE A UPDATE TO FASTEN THE DIVICE .....

sumeetpatel05, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Gilboard Win User
    How do I go back to the build before the December update?

I liked win10 alot but update that has recently happened decreased my performance by a lot.

So could someone give me a guide on how to revert the update.

Thanks

Gilboard, Nov 29, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Why has my computer's performance decreased so much?

A lot of the impetus of having new computers is caused by hard-core gamers, have to have the latest and greatest. It's pretty much a vicious cycle of more power lets a computer run a more powerful game then the writers of games think they can do better with the graphics which leads to getting more memory and speed out of a computer which leads to better features, on and on and on. Since we have progress from 16-bit computers over 20 years ago into 32-bit and now 64-bit, my question would be "how soon will we see 128-bit computers/computing?". I'm sure it's being worked on but haven't seen anything about progress of it and of course it will require the 'latest and greatest' so the cycle begins again.

Another thing of interest is the number of programs that can actually use the full benefit of 2, 4, 6 or 8 cores for consumers. Don't see many mentioned.

Berton, Nov 29, 2015
  5. djriful Win User
    You need hardware upgrades to keep up the newer games technologies and graphic improvements. If I can't say it anymore simpler, otherwise I can go into DX9,10,11 etc etc science talk.

djriful, Nov 29, 2015
  6. Cromax Win User
    you need hardware upgrade thats alll and honestly amd cant serve a candle to intel as much as i was amd fanboy its truth

Cromax, Nov 29, 2015
  7. On my motherboard, there are Nvidia drivers for the disk volumes (or something) and apparently it's best to replace these with the stock Microsoft drivers. I noticed that after upgrading to Windows 10, they had reverted to the Nvidia ones.

Maybe it's something like that?

markweatherill, Nov 29, 2015
  8. lashropa Win User

I'm working up to my first 5 posts, and I'd like to invite you to join me. I'm starting a thread specific to Borderlands 2, and while I don't have any answers (yet) perhaps we can start a little kernel that will get us where we need to go. Check it out?

lashropa, Dec 27, 2015
  9. Atomic77 Win User
    The performance of a computer will decrease over time with the number of apps added and other things. It can also be due to disk fragmentation and also viruses. Like the person said before It could also be due to outdated drivers and hardware. Even my computer which just turned a year old has slowed down a bit from the time it was new.

Atomic77, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why has my computer's performance decreased so much? - Similar Threads - Why has computer's

2. Why my screen uptime is so much

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my screen uptime is so much: I NEVER use the laptop for more than 5+ hours.I barely use it thoughout the week.Why does it show that the screen is being ON for that much hours. Tried using this command in CMD: reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power /v PlatformAoAcOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 0NO...
  3. Laptop performance decreasing because it isn't heating up as much.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop performance decreasing because it isn't heating up as much.: My laptop used to heat up a lot when playing games, leading to high fps. But recently, my laptop has stopped heating up a lot, which led to a significant decrease in fps. I have tried to fix this by doing things such as reinstalling my graphics driver and putting my laptop on...
  4. Laptop performance decreasing because it isn't heating up as much.

Laptop performance decreasing because it isn't heating up as much.: My laptop used to heat up a lot when playing games, leading to high fps. But recently, my laptop has stopped heating up a lot, which led to a significant decrease in fps. I have tried to fix this by doing things such as reinstalling my graphics driver and putting my laptop on...
  5. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  6. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  7. My computer is crashing so much.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is crashing so much.: While using my computer, my pc crashes frequently and when crashing it freezes what I'm doing, violating stuttering the latest audio and reboots with no BSOD. I've been suffering for about 6 months now. I've tried all sfc scans, memory diagnostics, checked to see if I had one...
  8. My computer is crashing so much.

My computer is crashing so much.: While using my computer, my pc crashes frequently and when crashing it freezes what I'm doing, violating stuttering the latest audio and reboots with no BSOD. I've been suffering for about 6 months now. I've tried all sfc scans, memory diagnostics, checked to see if I had one...
  9. My computer is crashing so much.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Why has Windows 10 slowed my computer so much?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why has Windows 10 slowed my computer so much?: Windows 10 Home 64 bit It's the shutdowns and startups. Before upgrading to 10, my Windows 7 laptop took less than two minutes and now it's taking 10+ minutes. Things seem to be fairly decent as far as working once the desktop loads and I can get started. I just don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my computer has decreased vastly in performance