Windows 10: Why has my laptop been updating for over 36 hours?

Discus and support Why has my laptop been updating for over 36 hours? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Dell Latitude E5430 Windows 10 and it’s been updating ever since 10pm on the 20th, it’s now 1:13pm on the 22nd. I’ve read that Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/polluxcuttino, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Why has my laptop been updating for over 36 hours?

I have a Dell Latitude E5430 Windows 10 and it’s been updating ever since 10pm on the 20th, it’s now 1:13pm on the 22nd. I’ve read that Windows 10 updates can take 24 hours, but it’s been over 36 hours. One restart in particular has been at 91% since I went to bed last night. I’m absolutely not a computer guy, I have no idea what I’m doing with things bigger than a malware scan, but this is really concerning me that I haven’t been able to use my laptop in nearly 2 days. The screen currently says “Working on updates 91% / Don’t turn off your PC. This will take a while. / Your PC will restart several times.” and has the dotted loading circle above the words. The typical restart screen. Is something wrong with my laptop, is there anything I can do to speed this process up?

submitted by /u/polluxcuttino
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/polluxcuttino, Jun 22, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Windows Defender ran for 36 hours and never finished

window defender ran for over 36+ hours and never finished

Moved from Windows 10

Original title: window defender

HarrietHorn, Jun 22, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Why has my laptop been updating for over 36 hours?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why has my laptop been updating for over 36 hours? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Why has my laptop been updating for over 36 hours?

1. Why has my laptop been updating for over 36 hours? - Similar Threads - Why has laptop

2. my nvidia display update 31.0.15.2802 has been stuck at 10% for over an hour now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my nvidia display update 31.0.15.2802 has been stuck at 10% for over an hour now.: hi i recently used DDU display drive uninstall to clean my 3060ti because of issues i noticed and once my computer rebooted, my nvidia display update 31.0.15.2802 has been stuck at 10% for over an hour now. not sure what to do. im on windows 10...
  3. my nvidia display update 31.0.15.2802 has been stuck at 10% for over an hour now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my nvidia display update 31.0.15.2802 has been stuck at 10% for over an hour now.: hi i recently used DDU display drive uninstall to clean my 3060ti because of issues i noticed and once my computer rebooted, my nvidia display update 31.0.15.2802 has been stuck at 10% for over an hour now. not sure what to do. im on windows 10...
  4. my nvidia display update 31.0.15.2802 has been stuck at 10% for over an hour now.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My update has been on 100% for two hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My update has been on 100% for two hours: Should I turn it off? It says not to but it’s been on that for so damn long. I got the windows update from 2004 to 20H2 from a windows support guy who suggested it to fix the audio issue I contacted Microsoft about (like the legit proper ones; not some random guy) and when I...
  6. My Laptop has been stuck at 36% on resetting PC for over 38 hours now.

My Laptop has been stuck at 36% on resetting PC for over 38 hours now.: My laptop has been running slow, and I mean REALLY slow. Is it possible that that is the reason it is stuck? Its slowness is the reason to reset it to begin with. I just want to know if this is normal or not, and if it's not, should I still wait it out as long as I can or...
  7. This has been updating for an hour. Whybis it doing this?

This has been updating for an hour. Whybis it doing this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GhostyBoi666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g9sger/this_has_been_updating_for_an_hour_whybis_it/
  8. My Lenovo lap top has been configuring an update for windows 10 for over an hour. It’s at...

My Lenovo lap top has been configuring an update for windows 10 for over an hour. It’s at...: Please help. I want to watch a movie. I want to use my computer. It says not to turn it off. I finally tried and it just went back to spinning at zero percent. I tried control/escape. Still spinning at 0% like a mindless zombie. Do I leave it be? Will it ever finish or is...
  9. My Windows 10 update has been stuck at 99% for over 12 hours!

My Windows 10 update has been stuck at 99% for over 12 hours!: I downloaded the newest version, or update of Windows 10 yesterday. It downloaded, went through the verification of download and then said : Updating Windows10. Please Wait. It made it up to 99% and then nothing. I have to have the updated version to download my...
  10. System Restore has been running for over two hours

System Restore has been running for over two hours: I ran system restore for windows 10 and it has been on the blue screen saying "restoring the registry" for over two hours. Should I keep waiting or shut down the computer?...