Windows 10: Why has my Laptop suddenly started running slow

Discus and support Why has my Laptop suddenly started running slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Why has my laptop (Samsung Series7 ULTRA) suddenly started running very slow? e.g. - opening Firefox takes 12 seconds (with no tabs open) -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ship69, Oct 27, 2020.

1. ship69 Win User

Why has my Laptop suddenly started running slow

Hello

Why has my laptop (Samsung Series7 ULTRA) suddenly started running very slow?
    e.g.
    - opening Firefox takes 12 seconds (with no tabs open)
    - opening Google Chrome takes about 12 to 20 seconds
    - opening Outlook takes about 23 to 30 seconds
    - Even CLOSING outlook can take 10 seconds

Basically, everything I do seems to have become incredibly 'laggy'.

Background
    - My hard disk still has plenty empty space: 136GB of free space (out of 451GB on 512GB SSD)
    - I have run C: [properties] ==> Error Checking ==> but it found no errors
    - It has all the latest patches. It started running very, very slowly about 2 weeks ago.
    - I have run Samsung Magician
    - I never run any games
    - Out of desperation I have uninstalled everything I don't need (using RevoUninstaller)

What should I do?

J

:)

ship69, Oct 27, 2020

2. Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Oct 27, 2020
  3. MissNiss Win User
    laptop suddenly so slow

my laptop has suddenly slowed down to a crawl. I cant do anything with it being as slow as it is.

MissNiss, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Why has my Laptop suddenly started running slow - Similar Threads - Why has Laptop

2. Why has my laptop become so slow all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my laptop become so slow all of a sudden?: I was able to log on but as soon as i started loading things like chrome or roblox my laptop started slowing down alot so i deleted them and other unused programs and files. my laptops is still quite slow....
  3. Why has my laptop become so slow all of a sudden?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my laptop become so slow all of a sudden?: I was able to log on but as soon as i started loading things like chrome or roblox my laptop started slowing down alot so i deleted them and other unused programs and files. my laptops is still quite slow....
  4. why my Laptop suddenly going slow?

why my Laptop suddenly going slow?: Last time i turn it off, there was nothing wrong. Running smoothly like normal but when i turn it on, it was having so much problem like the Action Center so hard to open, running app so slow, playing some games with FPS drop so hard, opening new Blank Paper on ms word need a...
  5. WHY IS MY LAPTOP RUNNING SLOW!?!?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY IS MY LAPTOP RUNNING SLOW!?!?!: The Thing is my laptop is running like a turtle. My specs are Amd Radeon 3250U and vega 3 graphics with 8 GB of RAM. My frnd has a HP laptop of AMD 3200U and similar graphics card with 4 GB of RAM. Still mine boots up in a minute or two with another 2 minutes for starting...
  6. WHY IS MY LAPTOP RUNNING SLOW!?!?!

WHY IS MY LAPTOP RUNNING SLOW!?!?!: The Thing is my laptop is running like a turtle. My specs are Amd Radeon 3250U and vega 3 graphics with 8 GB of RAM. My frnd has a HP laptop of AMD 3200U and similar graphics card with 4 GB of RAM. Still mine boots up in a minute or two with another 2 minutes for starting...
  7. WHY IS MY LAPTOP RUNNING SLOW!?!?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 Laptop suddenly started to run slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Laptop suddenly started to run slow: My laptop specsDell latitude e5440I5-4310uGpu:- nvidia gt 720mHdd Till yesterday, my laptop was fine running as normal, but when I opened it today, it was unresponsive, slow , took ages to open an application etc.I tried to look into the problem and found out that my CPU...
  9. Windows 10 Laptop suddenly started to run slow

Windows 10 Laptop suddenly started to run slow: My laptop specsDell latitude e5440I5-4310uGpu:- nvidia gt 720mHdd Till yesterday, my laptop was fine running as normal, but when I opened it today, it was unresponsive, slow , took ages to open an application etc.I tried to look into the problem and found out that my CPU...
  10. Windows 10 Laptop suddenly started to run slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging