Windows 10: why has my "messenger" become inaccessable?

Discus and support why has my "messenger" become inaccessable? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; why has my "messenger" become inoperable?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasDolias, Nov 26, 2018.

1. why has my "messenger" become inaccessable?

why has my "messenger" become inoperable?

:)

ThomasDolias, Nov 26, 2018

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Silverel Win User

why has my "messenger" become inaccessable?

Getting rid of Windows Messenger? How?

It's a component service, not in add/remove programs.

To turn on the Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run option, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
    2. In Group Policy, expand Local Computer Policy, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then expand Windows Messenger.
    3. Double-click Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run, and then click Enabled.
    4. Click OK.

Silverel, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

why has my "messenger" become inaccessable?

1. why has my "messenger" become inaccessable? - Similar Threads - why has messenger

2. Why has my computer become so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my computer become so slow?: Hello,The other day, my winload file corrupted after an update, and i had to wipe my drive and reinstall Windows 11.After i did that, it was working fine. But now, it takes literal minutes just to open a single application, and freezes multiple times during the process.What...
  3. Why has my computer become so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my computer become so slow?: Hello,The other day, my winload file corrupted after an update, and i had to wipe my drive and reinstall Windows 11.After i did that, it was working fine. But now, it takes literal minutes just to open a single application, and freezes multiple times during the process.What...
  4. why is my messenger video are not okay

why is my messenger video are not okay: My messenger video call has a problem. My video callmate cannot see me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-messenger-video-are-not-okay/d6e3ce71-ba5c-482e-aeb5-206a03a173c8
  5. why is my messenger video are not okay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my messenger video are not okay: My messenger video call has a problem. My video callmate cannot see me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-messenger-video-are-not-okay/d6e3ce71-ba5c-482e-aeb5-206a03a173c8
  6. Why have my document files suddenly become inaccessible?

Why have my document files suddenly become inaccessible?: One of the family computers has Windows 10S installed, and suddenly most of the document files on that computer cannot be found. The Systems Storage setting shows a document holding of 31gb with a multitude of files as implied by the size, but File Explorer and Word etc only...
  7. Why have my document files suddenly become inaccessible?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why have my document files suddenly become inaccessible?: One of the family computers has Windows 10S installed, and suddenly most of the document files on that computer cannot be found. The Systems Storage setting shows a document holding of 31gb with a multitude of files as implied by the size, but File Explorer and Word etc only...
  8. Why have my document files suddenly become inaccessible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows becomes inaccessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows becomes inaccessible: This has happened once or twice before, and this time with great difficulty and a huge amount of time I have solved, but I'm deathly afraid of a recurrence. I'm seeking a new backup program, as the backup programs I had installed would not restore. What happens is that after...
  10. My messenger has a problem

My messenger has a problem: I can't upload files on messenger after I update my computer recently,may I know how to settle it?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-messenger-has-a-problem/89d1e75f-4752-4174-a0dc-6e2b3bbea4fc