Windows 10: Why has my pc booted up into Dell? (custom build)

Discus and support Why has my pc booted up into Dell? (custom build) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Why does new custom pc boot up on Dell?! I have just built a custom pc with to my knowledge no sell products. I’ve had some trouble with creating a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/umbrageyt1, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Why has my pc booted up into Dell? (custom build)

Why does new custom pc boot up on Dell?!

I have just built a custom pc with to my knowledge no sell products. I’ve had some trouble with creating a windows install usb, however before one even being plugged in my computer just started to work on some type of windows which thinks I’m on a dell pc, is there ANY possible explanation for this? Thanks!

submitted by /u/umbrageyt1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/umbrageyt1, Oct 10, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Graphic Design/Illustration Customer Build - Price is Not a Concern

Customer wants a high end graphic design computer complete with plotter and Wacom tablet. Going to be using CS5 mainly.

• What are your suggestions? X58 or P67?
    • What about GPU acceleration? Does one company's GPUs work better than the other?
    • Consumer or workstation GPU?
    • How about storage? SSD + a couple of striped WD Blacks?
    • Monitor recommendations? Was thinking a 30" Dell.
    Thanks in advance, all *Toast :toast:

DanishDevil, Oct 10, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

Why has my pc booted up into Dell? (custom build)

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Why has my pc booted up into Dell? (custom build)

1. Why has my pc booted up into Dell? (custom build) - Similar Threads - Why has booted

2. How to fix my pc crashing? Custom made PC build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my pc crashing? Custom made PC build: So I've freshly mabe a custom pc build and got windows 11 home and I installed all my games and went 2 weeks no problems but then after playing games like dead by deadlight and my screen turned black and I was in a vc with my friends and the told me that I left the game and...
  3. How to fix my pc crashing? Custom made PC build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my pc crashing? Custom made PC build: So I've freshly mabe a custom pc build and got windows 11 home and I installed all my games and went 2 weeks no problems but then after playing games like dead by deadlight and my screen turned black and I was in a vc with my friends and the told me that I left the game and...
  4. Custom PC building and Legality

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Custom PC building and Legality: Hi, so I'm planning to build a gaming PC for my classmate using Windows 10 Home, and I need some help with parts, namely a legal motherboard and OS, so my friend and I don't get into legal trouble. Please note that I am NOT partnered with Microsoft and that I am only a High...
  5. Since building a custom PC my mic pics up ALL Desktop audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since building a custom PC my mic pics up ALL Desktop audio.: When i custom built my pc i discovered this was an issue. I then bought a new Headset Mic and the issue still persists and it wasn't the case on my old pc. I've literally tried everything and still can not fix the issue: -Separating all input jacks as independent input...
  6. Windows 10 Won't Boot up on my New PC Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Won't Boot up on my New PC Build: Last week I built my first PC. Whenever I try to boot windows it doesn't work. For some context my PC boots into bios completely fine with zero issues and everything my hardware looks just fine in bios. I have also used memtest86 to make sure that my CPU and ram are properly...
  7. PC has been failing to boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC has been failing to boot up: Hi. I have been having a problem with my computer for roughly a week now. What has been happening is that my computer suddenly started up and shut down immediately - I tried everything, even testing my power button but nothing was working until I was told to replace the...
  8. Custom PC doesn't always wake up or boot correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Custom PC doesn't always wake up or boot correctly: Hello. A few weeks ago I bought a custom built PC from my coworker that he had been using for work for the last few years. I've run into a couple issues that, as far as I know, didn't exist when he owned it. First of all, when I wake it up from sleep the fans turn on and...
  9. Why Is My Dell Laptop Booting

Why Is My Dell Laptop Booting: Hi, I Have Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Laptop. I Updated My Dell Laptop Yesterday To Windows 10 2004 Feature Update. Then My Laptop Started Booting Very Slow. Please Help Me Thanks#Joel1098...
  10. Dell PC (Inspiron) Boot up problem

Dell PC (Inspiron) Boot up problem: after the May 2019 update my Dell Inspiron upon bootup displays the Dell logo and freezes, have to switch off and back on to get it working This always works, but it is very annoying...