Windows 10: Why has Outlook "detected an unsafe link". Windows 10

Discus and support Why has Outlook "detected an unsafe link". Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My elder daughter posted on Facebook just now and Facebook sent me the normal email notification.When I clicked to view what she had posted, the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Taffy087, May 10, 2021.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Why has Outlook "detected an unsafe link". Windows 10

My elder daughter posted on Facebook just now and Facebook sent me the normal email notification.When I clicked to view what she had posted, the warning shown below appeared. This is just nonsense. It's a normal, everyday occurrence. Why has Outlook blocked me from looking at Facebook?

:)

Taffy087, May 10, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 10, 2021
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, May 10, 2021
  4. Why has Outlook "detected an unsafe link". Windows 10

Outlook linked Mail problem

Hi Ramakrishna,

I realize that you are facing Outlook linked Mail problem on your phone. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the phone prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the phone?

• Are you able to forward emails from the outlook web account using a browser?

Suggest you to follow the steps under the section “Reset an unresponsive phone” from this article to check if that helps.

Reset my phone

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Why has Outlook "detected an unsafe link". Windows 10

1. Why has Outlook "detected an unsafe link". Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why has Outlook

2. Outlook links to browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook links to browser: After the last update, I can no longer open outlook hyper links to a browser used to be edge.Cannot seem to find a solution in control panel.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-links-to-browser/eda35a1b-e12a-4232-a907-900b2fbbe3d3
  3. Unsafe app !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsafe app !: After turning on my Windows 10 laptop a message came up "unsafe app check Windows security". I waited why it did a quick scan then everything seemed to go back to normal. I realised one of my "Tiles" was missing but at first unsure which one ! I realised My Viddly downloader...
  4. Windows 10 license linked to an outlook account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 license linked to an outlook account: How do I find out what outlook account is linked to my windows 10 license? Activation in system settings only tells me its a virtual license linked to an account - it doesn't tell me which account.I need to do a fresh install from USB offline as my laptop was hacked and have...
  5. Velocity x is being detected as unsafe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Velocity x is being detected as unsafe: I want to download Velocity x software for my PNY graphics card. Whenever I download it, it says it is a unsafe file. PNY is a trustable graphics card company so im surprised it says that. Anyone else had issues with this? [Original Title: Velocity x]...
  6. outlook links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook links: Today my Outlook 365 would not allow any email received with links needing a browser to open, the email would say click here and it would go to Chrome and give the message below: I don't think I changed any settings, it simply says: Make sure you’ve got the right web...
  7. Linking Outlook tasks in Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linking Outlook tasks in Windows 10 pro: I coordinate multiple projects at any given time and would love to link, or create dependencies between, Outlook tasks so when a deadline is pushed back I don't have to manually change the dates on the related tasks that follow. Is there a way to do that?...
  8. Outlook links not working

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook links not working: Clicked on a link in Outlook, get the message This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. This is after updating to 1903. How do I fix this? 134629
  9. Outlook links disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook links disabled: My PC did a windows update today and now I receive the following message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." when I click on a link in Outlook 2007 Been trying fixes all morning with...
  10. Outlook blocking unsafe attachments - .DOC, .PDF, etc

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook blocking unsafe attachments - .DOC, .PDF, etc: Hi, I'm running Outlook 2010 in an Exchange 2010 environment. We are having an issue with Outlook blocking attachments. It is NOT blocking them based on extension. I have found many articles about unblocking attachments by extension but this does not seem to be what is...