Windows 10: Why has search bar appearance changed?

Discus and support Why has search bar appearance changed? in Cortana to solve the problem; I just turned on my PC today and I noticed the search bar on the bottom left looks different.When I hover over it, the picture is highlighted, but then... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BLin_678, Apr 15, 2022.

1. BLin_678 Win User

Why has search bar appearance changed?

I just turned on my PC today and I noticed the search bar on the bottom left looks different.When I hover over it, the picture is highlighted, but then it just brings up the options menu as if I had clicked inside the bar.I took a look at my roommate's PC and he does NOT have this. I'm suspicious this could be a virus, so I ran a Quick Scan and a Full Scan. No threats were detected.Could this be a virus? Or am I just overreacting? If it's just a new setting, can I turn it off?

:)

BLin_678, Apr 15, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 15, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting images while using the search bar in Google Chrome. I see that this a new feature that’s been introduced in Google Chrome version 75.0.3770.80.

However, I would like to let you know that you can take off the photos that are displayed while you search for something by following the steps listed below. Kindly follow the same and see if it works:

1. Open Chrome browser and copy paste the following string into the Chrome address bar:
      chrome://flags/#omnibox-rich-entity-suggestions
    2. Press Enter, and choose ‘Omnibox Rich Entity Suggestions’ option to
      Disabled from the drop down menu.
    3. Close the browser and relaunch it.

For further queries, I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Google support
    team and they will help you with this.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 15, 2022
  4. Geethu B Win User

Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Why has search bar appearance changed? - Similar Threads - Why has search

2. Why has this suddenly appeared in the search bar and can I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why has this suddenly appeared in the search bar and can I get rid of it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Alco_god [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uui2cn/why_has_this_suddenly_appeared_in_the_search_bar/
  3. Why has search bar appearance changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has search bar appearance changed?: I just turned on my PC today and I noticed the search bar on the bottom left looks different.When I hover over it, the picture is highlighted, but then it just brings up the options menu as if I had clicked inside the bar.I took a look at my roommate's PC and he does NOT have...
  4. Why has search bar appearance changed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has search bar appearance changed?: I just turned on my PC today and I noticed the search bar on the bottom left looks different.When I hover over it, the picture is highlighted, but then it just brings up the options menu as if I had clicked inside the bar.I took a look at my roommate's PC and he does NOT have...
  5. My search bar is appearing weirdly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My search bar is appearing weirdly: Why is the search bar appearing like this ? How to solve this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-is-appearing-weirdly/25d61a77-eba5-4ff0-ad3c-dbd5fd852b15
  6. Search Bar appearing in a strange way

Search Bar appearing in a strange way: My search bar is sometimes appearing in a strange way as shown in the image below.However, once I press the Windows Start button, it goes back to normal as show in the image below.But it still goes back to appearing the way it does in the first image sometimes. Please help me...
  7. Windows Search Bar Color has changed

Windows Search Bar Color has changed: Hello, The Windows Search bar has changed text colors and I'm not able to find any article online to help me [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-color-has-changed/167ae450-725c-4ac8-8f80-023a48651024
  8. Why isn't Search bar changing???

in Cortana
    Why isn't Search bar changing???: Hey! After the 20H2 update, almost every PCs have the search bar changed from 'Type here to search' to 'Search'. But...why isn't it changing on mine?? Even my brother's changed, my classmate's changed, and why is it not changing on mine?!! Please tell me any solutions. I...
  9. Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar

Search bar isn't appearing on taskbar: I got a new update on my computer but now the search bar isn't appearing on the taskbar. I already tried using the taskbar settings too. Is anyone else experiencing this problem as well?...
  10. Search bar appears as a black box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar appears as a black box: After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I type anything into the search bar, the box above it which should display the results is a black box. It does not show any...