Windows 10: Why has some of the app icons on the start page gone dark?

Discus and support Why has some of the app icons on the start page gone dark? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I hit the "start" icon (bottom left screen) the start menu opens with some - not all - icons on the right being "dark". What has gone wrong here?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GiZee, Apr 22, 2019.

1. GiZee Win User

Why has some of the app icons on the start page gone dark?

When I hit the "start" icon (bottom left screen) the start menu opens with some - not all - icons on the right being "dark". What has gone wrong here?

There was an update earlier today has this messed things up?

I note that if I open the settings panel for each app I can "reset" or sometimes "repair" the app. This fixes the darkness, but is rather time consuming. It has to be done for each app in turn.

:)

GiZee, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Frank:) Win User

Icons/apps in Windows 10 Start menu are gone.

After I installed HP Solution Center, I rebootted my PC. After the reboot some icons and apps in my Start Menu, like Spotify, all the Microsoft Office apps and the Microsoft E-mail app, are gone. The aren't in my app list either.

I searched in Windows Explore to those programs. I didn't found the Microsoft apps, which are gone. I did found Spotify and the Microsoft Office apps. But I couldn't add those to my Start Menu.

When I try to add an app, to the Start Menu, is in my app list, I can't move it arround or change the size of the Icon.

I hope you know a solution.

Frank:), Apr 22, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Why has some of the app icons on the start page gone dark?

File explorer in dark theme gone!

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor and Office Insider for Android. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Kindly follow these steps.

Step 1: Right-click a vacant area on the desktop, and then click Personalize.

The Settings app with the personalization options should now launch.

Step 2: Click the side-tab labeled Colors.

Step 3: Under Choose Your Default App Mode, click the radio button next to Light.

Step 4: Restart your PC, and then head all the way back to the same screen on the Settings app as in the previous step. Now, click the radio button next to Dark.

File Explorer should likely display dark mode with the update.

Refer here for more:

https://www.guidingtech.com/windows-10-dark-mod...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Why has some of the app icons on the start page gone dark?

1. Why has some of the app icons on the start page gone dark? - Similar Threads - Why has app

2. Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10: this happened randomly, some videos just had their thumbnail gone and has the default windows video icon, i tried restarting file explorer and computer still the same, i also tried moving the video to a different place and also deleting it and restoring it from the trash bin,...
  3. Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10: this happened randomly, some videos just had their thumbnail gone and has the default windows video icon, i tried restarting file explorer and computer still the same, i also tried moving the video to a different place and also deleting it and restoring it from the trash bin,...
  4. Some videos has their thumbnail/icon gone windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why are some app icons not loading ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are some app icons not loading ?: my windows 11 doesn't show some icons on my quick acces bar. for example opera gx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-app-icons-not-loading/770d87f3-1316-4c68-8a99-fa398b24b9de
  6. why are some app icons not loading ?

why are some app icons not loading ?: my windows 11 doesn't show some icons on my quick acces bar. for example opera gx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-app-icons-not-loading/770d87f3-1316-4c68-8a99-fa398b24b9de
  7. Why have my quick start app. icons and open app icons gone from the task bar and why can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why have my quick start app. icons and open app icons gone from the task bar and why can't...: This has only happened today and despite re-starts and full off and on's the task bar remains blank. I can still Alt+Tab between open Apps. but it's pretty painful for a 50+ old bloke.......
  8. Why have my quick start app. icons and open app icons gone from the task bar and why can't...

Why have my quick start app. icons and open app icons gone from the task bar and why can't...: This has only happened today and despite re-starts and full off and on's the task bar remains blank. I can still Alt+Tab between open Apps. but it's pretty painful for a 50+ old bloke.......
  9. the USB icon has gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the USB icon has gone: The USB icon has disappeared and I am afraid that if I try to take the USB stick in the computer, I shall lose the information on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-usb-icon-has-gone/ea73f192-4f0e-4b2c-a4af-64981b5ce522
  10. Start menu icons gone for some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons gone for some programs: yo! All of a sudden the battle.net, chrome and evernote lost it's icons but they still work. how, why? 38027

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why some app icons dark