Windows 10: Why has Surfshark vpn slowed down so much?

Discus and support Why has Surfshark vpn slowed down so much? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I switched to Surfshark a year ago and enjoyed the high speed, up until a few months. It's gone from 100+ mbs gradually down to 30-40 a year later. It... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CannonRebel, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Why has Surfshark vpn slowed down so much?

I switched to Surfshark a year ago and enjoyed the high speed, up until a few months. It's gone from 100+ mbs gradually down to 30-40 a year later. It runs on two completely different desktop computers, both with the same result. Even after updating the app, and reinstalling. Now I'm testing Proton vpn, and both machines have jumped back up to 100+mbs internet speeds again. Anyone else use Surfshark, and how are your speeds?

:)

CannonRebel, Jul 16, 2021

2. Surfshark Blocks Your Phone Companion - Can't Whitelist?

I've installed Surfshark VPN on my PC and phone. Naturally, this breaks the connection between my phone and PC using the Your Phone / Your Phone Companion apps.

Surfshark tech support says to whitelist the Your Phone Companion app. However, Your Phone Companion does not show up in the list of applications, either from within Surfshark or in the main Android applications list. (And yes, it is installed, before anyone
    asks. It was working fine before installing Surfshark.)

Any suggestions?

Chuck Steenburgh, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jul 16, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Why has Surfshark vpn slowed down so much?

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Why has Surfshark vpn slowed down so much? :D

P4-630, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Why has Surfshark vpn slowed down so much?

1. Why has Surfshark vpn slowed down so much? - Similar Threads - Why has Surfshark

2. مشكلة VPN برنامج SURFSHARK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    مشكلة VPN برنامج SURFSHARK: لدي برنامج SURFSHARK ولكن لايتسطيع الاتصال بالسيرفرات ، اتصلت بالدعم المخصص للبرنامج وقالوا لي المشكلة في وندوز وقالو ان التطبيق يعمل لدى هاتفي لذلك يجب انت تكون المشكلة في وندوز ، حاولت الاتصال ويفشل واذا اتصل يفصل الانترنت ولا استطيع تصفح اي شي...
  3. مشكلة VPN برنامج SURFSHARK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    مشكلة VPN برنامج SURFSHARK: لدي برنامج SURFSHARK ولكن لايتسطيع الاتصال بالسيرفرات ، اتصلت بالدعم المخصص للبرنامج وقالوا لي المشكلة في وندوز وقالو ان التطبيق يعمل لدى هاتفي لذلك يجب انت تكون المشكلة في وندوز ، حاولت الاتصال ويفشل واذا اتصل يفصل الانترنت ولا استطيع تصفح اي شي...
  4. BSOD, is it due to VPN? SurfShark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, is it due to VPN? SurfShark: Hi there, i've been getting blue screen of death from time to time whenever im trying to use the VPN. It doesnt happen 100% of the time but here are the dump files from the most recent...
  5. BSOD, is it due to VPN? SurfShark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD, is it due to VPN? SurfShark: Hi there, i've been getting blue screen of death from time to time whenever im trying to use the VPN. It doesnt happen 100% of the time but here are the dump files from the most recent...
  6. BSOD, is it due to VPN? SurfShark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. why is it so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is it so slow: COPY SPEED IS 355KB/S, AND IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN 1 FREAKING DAY TO COPY I'm using an microSD to SD adapter, really cheap also it takesSO FREAKING LONG to cancel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-so-slow/292018ca-218f-4cd6-8fbf-e369a890819c
  8. You've slowed my computer down so much that Windows refuses to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You've slowed my computer down so much that Windows refuses to load: You have been sued for releasing an update that causes my computer to run so slow that windows doesn't load at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youve-slowed-my-computer-down-so-much-that-windows/d78cb344-8055-44c2-8836-9bfcb5329acc
  9. Why has my computer's performance decreased so much?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why has my computer's performance decreased so much?: A long time ago, I used to be able to run many games very smoothly. Now I can barely run some of the games I used to be able to run. I have factory reset my computer many times since it started decreasing in performance, so viruses aren't the problem (I'm assuming). The only...
  10. Why has Windows 10 slowed my computer so much?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why has Windows 10 slowed my computer so much?: Windows 10 Home 64 bit It's the shutdowns and startups. Before upgrading to 10, my Windows 7 laptop took less than two minutes and now it's taking 10+ minutes. Things seem to be fairly decent as far as working once the desktop loads and I can get started. I just don't...