Windows 10: why has the wifi network icon stopped working? I can't see the signals to connect

Discus and support why has the wifi network icon stopped working? I can't see the signals to connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep taking this surface back to a repair shop and the same thing keeps happening. When I try to click on the available wifi connections, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1beaudave1, Oct 6, 2020.

1. why has the wifi network icon stopped working? I can't see the signals to connect

I keep taking this surface back to a repair shop and the same thing keeps happening. When I try to click on the available wifi connections, nothing happens. It won't allow me to open to see other signals. This is the third time it has happened. I am now stuck on one network, unable to connect to anything else. I have run all the troubleshooters to no avail.. I just get a message that states I am connected to one network. I have rebooted until my fingers hurt.

:)

1beaudave1, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Gorgo Win User

Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect

Product Name: Hp Omen 15
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
    Wifi card: Intel Wireless-N 7260

Hi guys,
    since some days my wifi has stopped working.
    If I click on Wifi icon it shows only ONE (max two) NETWORK:

why has the wifi network icon stopped working?  I can't see the signals to connect [​IMG]

And I live in a building with 20+ networks, as you can see from WiFi Analyzer (I'm the red one on the right)

why has the wifi network icon stopped working?  I can't see the signals to connect [​IMG]

If I deactive/reactive Wifi with fn+f12, it goes to Airplane mode and to Wifi mode again and it eventually shows all the networks:

My Wifi is on the top. If it's saved, Windows connects to it and then it drops the connection; if it's not saved and I try to connect, it says "You're not able to connect to this network".
    The fun fact is that after some seconds every network disappear and only one is showed (probably the neighbour one..I dunno).

I've already tried to HARD-RESET the notebook keeping the power button for 10/15sec with the laptop turned off.
    I've already tried to follow these instructions (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175) updating drivers (Intel 18.12.0.3, 18.12.1.2, 18.30.0.9 [Windows 10 default], 18.32.0 [Lastest drivers]) with no success. Everytime I install a new drivers, I uninstalled the previous one + Wireless software + reboot.

I tried to uncheked "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" on my Wifi hardware settings without success.

The HP Network support says I didn't choose a Wifi (Really? The problem is I don't see my Wifi on the list!).

This is not related to a new Windows 10 upgrade since I've installed it months ago and It's the first time I've this problem :/ It always worked
    why has the wifi network icon stopped working?  I can't see the signals to connect 16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I tried different settings too:
    I changed channel, I set 802.11g on my router, APSD off on the router.
    I set "Magic packet off, ad hoc QoS off, U-APSD off, fat channel off,incremental throughput off, HT mode off" on the card setting without success. Nothing chaned.

The Hardware test doesn't detect any failure.

Note carefully: If I go close to the router, it shows my network with full power connection and it connects to it. Then I go back to my bedroom (probably 3/4 meters far), it KEEPS the connection for 30/40min and It drops the connection and I can't reconnect to it anymore. It always worked perfectly in my room in these months (I bought it in March 2015), so the distance is not a problem, I'm 6/7m far from the router.
    In this case It shows my Network (Connected) and the neighbour network...and the other 20+ networks???

The only way I have is USB tethering with my Nexus 5.

Linux: I tried the Wifi connection on Elementary Freya (Ubuntu linux based OS) and it shows 20+ networks available on the list. It has not connection problem with my Wifi, but sometimes it stops working, the webpages stop loading and I must reboot Wifi to reconnect to it (usually after 30/40min using it).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the problem? Is my Wifi card broken? Should I call italian support or you have some suggestion?

Gorgo, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Network connection icon problem

Hi all,
    Few days ago (since I have switched to Nvidia - I don't know is there any connection between them or not) I have a problem with the network connection icon. After the OS loads in, the icon is still loading about for a minute. When I open Chrome the internet connection is perfect, only the icon shows it's loading. It wouldn't be such a problem, but certain programs (for example GPU-Z) doesn't open until the icon stops loading.
    What could be the problem, and how can I solve this? I have already uninstalled / reinstalled the network driver. Nothing has changed.
    Thanks,
    hazazs

Tibor Hazafi, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

why has the wifi network icon stopped working? I can't see the signals to connect

WiFi appears in Manage Known Networks, not in Show Available Networks

The list of WiFi connections shown when you click the WiFi icon in the taskbar is a list of all the signals that can currently be seen by the WiFi adapter. The list in Manage Known Networks is a list of all those you have previously successfully connected to, whether or not they are currently available.

The only plausible explanation is that for a while that WiFi signal had been turned off.

Bree, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

why has the wifi network icon stopped working? I can't see the signals to connect

1. why has the wifi network icon stopped working? I can't see the signals to connect - Similar Threads - why has wifi

2. Why can't I connect to the wifi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I connect to the wifi?: The wifi on my surface laptop 2 does not connect, nor is there an option to click to connect. There is no option to use airplane mode or anything else either....
  3. Why can't I connect to the wifi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I connect to the wifi?: The wifi on my surface laptop 2 does not connect, nor is there an option to click to connect. There is no option to use airplane mode or anything else either....
  4. Wifi icon has disappeared/ stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi icon has disappeared/ stopped working: The wifi icon on my Windows 11 Dell XPS 13 laptop has disappeared. I can see in my device manager that the Intel R Wifi 6E AX211 network adapter has a yellow warning sign. I can’t use the ‘get help’ function on the Network and Internet section of setting or troubleshooting...
  5. Wifi icon has disappeared/ stopped working

Wifi icon has disappeared/ stopped working: The wifi icon on my Windows 11 Dell XPS 13 laptop has disappeared. I can see in my device manager that the Intel R Wifi 6E AX211 network adapter has a yellow warning sign. I can’t use the ‘get help’ function on the Network and Internet section of setting or troubleshooting...
  6. Why can't I connect to wifi?

Why can't I connect to wifi?: I'm having issues with connecting to my school wifi specifically as I connected successfully to other wifi like my home and my mobile phone hotspotsI tried to connect but it says I can't connect despite having no issues with the wifi until last week. I already tried to forget...
  7. Why can't I see the wifi option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I see the wifi option?: I recently bought a Gateway Laptop for a Christmas present, but recently there has been some problems with the Network Connection. Each time I turn the computer off the wifi option just completely disappears. The options would only show Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, Battery...
  8. Why can't I see the wifi option?

Why can't I see the wifi option?: I recently bought a Gateway Laptop for a Christmas present, but recently there has been some problems with the Network Connection. Each time I turn the computer off the wifi option just completely disappears. The options would only show Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, Battery...
  9. see devices connected to wifi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    see devices connected to wifi network: Where do I go to see devices connected to my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/see-devices-connected-to-wifi-network/7e04bdb7-76fa-4ce9-94e9-71ff0357b40a
  10. Can't see the list of wifi networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see the list of wifi networks: I can't see the wifi icon on taskbar or the little up arrow, when i go to the wifi list there is no wifi to connect to, network status appears to be a weird line, i'm also on windows 10 and on pc...